Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 [1123] 1124 1125 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699944 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #16830 on: October 17, 2012, 12:48:33 am »

*Goes back to computer after a while*
WHO CLOSED MY INTERNET TABS?!?!?!?!
Assuming firefox:

History -> Restore previous session.
Nope. Internet Explorer.

You truly are an Eldritch Abomination for using Internet Explorer. Chances are, your session was closed because it crashed.
No, I suspect my mortal mother did this. She does this often.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16831 on: October 17, 2012, 12:49:29 am »

Open new tab, bottom right corner, click "recently closed", if your browser session crashed, you should be able to restore it that way. In fact, on my chrome it pops up under my bookmark bar "Chrome has crashed, do you want to restore your session?"

Plus I have it set to save my tabs when chrome is closed so it's not often that I lose anything.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16832 on: October 17, 2012, 12:49:55 am »

Haha, mine too. "Oh, I need to get to the desktop. That means I click the red X above all the open windows!"
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16833 on: October 17, 2012, 01:22:42 am »

Open new tab, bottom right corner, click "recently closed", if your browser session crashed, you should be able to restore it that way. In fact, on my chrome it pops up under my bookmark bar "Chrome has crashed, do you want to restore your session?"

Plus I have it set to save my tabs when chrome is closed so it's not often that I lose anything.
Plus, if you have Chrome set to, on startup, "Open the New Tab page", down at the bottom, you can click "Recently Closed" and "x Tabs" (x= the number of tabs you had open), and all your tabs will pop right up. There is no reason to lose your tabs in Chrome (unless someone closed out your session and then opened up a whole bunch of new tabs).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16834 on: October 17, 2012, 01:26:30 am »

Haha, mine too. "Oh, I need to get to the desktop. That means I click the red X above all the open windows!"
Actually, more like:
"Not doing homework? On internet?

The IB program sucks sometimes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16835 on: October 17, 2012, 01:57:27 am »

Pretty sure this paper is going to be late. I didn't realize how little I had planned out until it has become a significant issue.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #16836 on: October 17, 2012, 02:47:52 am »

Pretty sure this paper is going to be late. I didn't realize how little I had planned out until it has become a significant issue.

This is my usual take on papers, so I understand.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16837 on: October 17, 2012, 08:25:29 am »

First time I ever do things at Drawception, trolls are in the middle of immaturely invading the site..  >:(

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #16838 on: October 17, 2012, 02:21:20 pm »

When someone walks into your cubicle and says "The good news is that you are going to have more responsibility..."

Oh. As if I am not busting my ass salvaging [redacted], which is destined for production in less than a month. I get to take over [redacted] when dude decided he didn't want to work here anymore, just because I contributed to the design doc for it 2 years ago. This isn't even counting the "normal" work I am doing. Apparently one miracle at a time isn't enough anymore. Where is my promotion?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16839 on: October 17, 2012, 02:33:39 pm »

... buggery hell, if that's the good news, what's the bad? Because "more responsibility" is almost always bad news, from what I've seen. It's when it's accompanied by good news (i.e. an appropriate increase in pay, in your case) that it's not a terrible day.

Seriously though, is there no way you can go, "Hey, this is getting a little silly. Bring help or scale stuff back plox."? Sounds like they're trying to drown you.

E: Though, thinking on it, I guess working you harder for the same pay is good news... for your employer ::)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:39:28 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16840 on: October 17, 2012, 02:38:26 pm »

Very minor rage, but, as useful as it is, I'm going to have to turn off tap to click on my laptop since it's like browsing with a loaded weapon and my finger on the trigger by necessity. This means I lose out on middle mouse button clicks, since this laptop didn't come equipped with a physical middle mouse button, just two huge right and left buttons. Also, since the keys of a laptop take such a lighter touch than a desktop, I'm finding I accidentally hit CAPSLOCK a lot more frequently.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16841 on: October 17, 2012, 02:45:22 pm »

I meant the people on the bus. You know, yelling down the bus at everyone to move down in an angry manner and everyone glares back because they barely have room to fall over.
Why would you yell at the people on the bus >_>
I've been very very tempted to yell at people on the bus sometimes. It's not productive, obviously, but people are frustrating assholes! Fact is, no one wants to move back even when there is plenty of room, and they have no compulsion about completely blocking the stairs/aisle so that no more people can get on the bus, even when there's a half dozen open seats and plenty of standing space past them!

It's very hard not to yell at these people, especially if you've politely asked them to move and they respond by glaring at you and continuing to block the aisle because god damnit, this is their bus and no one is going to ask them to move!

*twitch twitch*

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16842 on: October 17, 2012, 03:21:41 pm »

Seriously though, is there no way you can go, "Hey, this is getting a little silly. Bring help or scale stuff back plox."? Sounds like they're trying to drown you.
HAHAHAhahahahahehehehehehehe......No.

Pushback is one of those mythical things that people at touchy-feely companies have. For government contractors, it's more like working for R. Lee Ermey.
"You WILL take on more WORK, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT, MAGGOT!"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #16843 on: October 17, 2012, 03:36:39 pm »

HAHAHAhahahahahehehehehehehe......No.

Pushback is one of those mythical things that people at touchy-feely companies have. For government contractors, it's more like working for R. Lee Ermey.
"You WILL take on more WORK, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT, MAGGOT!"

The compliance guy (who calls you if you don't show up on time or reprimands you for "inappropriate" use of company time/materials) at the office IS a retired marine corps drill instructor.

edit: damn you spell check not knowing the difference between core and corps.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 03:42:27 pm by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16844 on: October 17, 2012, 03:39:46 pm »

*eye twitch*
Quit with the raping of quote pyramids. They did nothing to you. :P

But my rage: It's storming. I have a broken bone. Urk.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 [1123] 1124 1125 ... 3345