Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1122 1123 [1124] 1125 1126 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700004 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #16845 on: October 17, 2012, 03:43:13 pm »

A new one beyond the hand? Is it going to be covered by anything? If so maybe you can get them to rebreak your hand while you're at it.

What happened, btw?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16846 on: October 17, 2012, 06:28:07 pm »

I think he's talking about that weird phenomenon where a broken bone, even years old, aches from storms.

Since his is only a year old, and set wrong... Eesh.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16847 on: October 17, 2012, 06:29:48 pm »

Yeah, people can feel changes in air pressure. At least I think that's how it works.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16848 on: October 17, 2012, 08:01:25 pm »

I think he's talking about that weird phenomenon where a broken bone, even years old, aches from storms.

Since his is only a year old, and set wrong... Eesh.

This.

Yeah, people can feel changes in air pressure. At least I think that's how it works.

Yes. Usually I can tell the day before if there is a storm coming, I just don't realize that's why my hand hurts. It just hurts like a motherfucker the day before and the day of.
From what I understand, the air pressure compresses the fluids in the broken space, putting pressure on the nerves. Or something like that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16849 on: October 17, 2012, 08:20:49 pm »

It's low pressure actually. Low pressure systems draw in clouds and cause storms, so when there's a low pressure system over where you are it usually means there's rain on the way, the lower the pressure the more rain you'll see. When you break a joint it damages the membranes that allow fluid to flow in and out of the cavity that forms a kind of cushion for the joint, and makes it more difficult for fluid to flow in and out. Then when it's exposed to a lower pressure the fluid in the joint expands slightly and in ordinary circumstances the membranes would let it leave, but it can't so it just exerts pressure on the bones and surrounding tissue, which puts pressure on the nerves, which causes the pain.

I may have gotten some of that wrong, but I think that's the entirety of it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16850 on: October 17, 2012, 08:30:16 pm »

Sweet. :) Yay for science.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16851 on: October 18, 2012, 03:08:01 am »

It's like the gods don't want my friends and I to play together.
My friend wanted to know if we(him, my other friend, and I) could skype, because he lives a ways away and he doesn't have a car.
Anyway, we were wondering about what game we could play together on the computer that isn't too intensive.
I suggest this game I found last night, Tremulous, and we all agreed on that.
So we all install the game and one friend, who I'll call Jake so I can stop saying 'my friend', who's sitting next to me and also has the best computer of all of us starts a server. I get on no problem because of LAN, but our friend on skype, who I'll call Hunt, wasn't able to find the server.
Jake then tries to open a port so Hunt can jump on, but he never actually check what port Tremulous runs on.
Anyway, it keeps failing and he tries various things. Norton Antivirus keeps being a bitch and closes ports he opens.
After a while, he restarts his computer because Norton wasn't running at all, just the pop-up corner thing that tells him the file he downloaded was deleted.
Once it comes back, the router starts freaking out and we were losing internet randomly. It just kept happening.
Eventually, Jake's energy is drained and after restarting his computer again and the router, the computer says it has an internet connection, but we're unable to go on any websites, however I'm still able to play this game I've been playing on the background and he's still able to Skype with out friend.
He says "To hell with this" and says goodbye to Hunt. Then he goes to sleep.
I can't wait until we switch ISPs.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16852 on: October 18, 2012, 09:00:09 am »

It's like the gods don't want my friends and I to play together.
My friend wanted to know if we(him, my other friend, and I) could skype, because he lives a ways away and he doesn't have a car.
Anyway, we were wondering about what game we could play together on the computer that isn't too intensive.
I suggest this game I found last night, Tremulous, and we all agreed on that.
So we all install the game and one friend, who I'll call Jake so I can stop saying 'my friend', who's sitting next to me and also has the best computer of all of us starts a server. I get on no problem because of LAN, but our friend on skype, who I'll call Hunt, wasn't able to find the server.
Jake then tries to open a port so Hunt can jump on, but he never actually check what port Tremulous runs on.
Anyway, it keeps failing and he tries various things. Norton Antivirus keeps being a bitch and closes ports he opens.
After a while, he restarts his computer because Norton wasn't running at all, just the pop-up corner thing that tells him the file he downloaded was deleted.
Once it comes back, the router starts freaking out and we were losing internet randomly. It just kept happening.
Eventually, Jake's energy is drained and after restarting his computer again and the router, the computer says it has an internet connection, but we're unable to go on any websites, however I'm still able to play this game I've been playing on the background and he's still able to Skype with out friend.
He says "To hell with this" and says goodbye to Hunt. Then he goes to sleep.
I can't wait until we switch ISPs.

Seems like the appropriate response in that case.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16853 on: October 18, 2012, 03:36:38 pm »

:(   I'm figuring out now that I've been put into an advanced 3D modeling class and there's pretty much no chance of me being able to pass it.  Seriously, the work I'm expected to do is way over my head and it's only going to get worse from here.

*sigh*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16854 on: October 18, 2012, 03:41:12 pm »

D:

I'd talk to the professor to see what you can do. Even if you have to drop the class, that's better than a failure or an incomplete.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16855 on: October 18, 2012, 04:04:35 pm »

I had a talk with him before, he thanked me for letting him know what the problem was, and suggested I do what I can until midterms, then we'd evaluate what to do from there.  Our school lets people switch out of classes and situations like this, but only if you catch on before the second week of school (doesn't give a lot of time).  It's the third week now :/

I dunno if I want to drop the class though :X  It's very educational, even if it's very advanced, and the instructor is very good.  I've already "paid" for the class, and can't get a refund at this point, and don't care much for my school record anymore... it's all about the skills learned and the quality of work I can make by the end of my schooling.

If there's no way to get the loan money back (ha.) I guess I just have to keep a stiff upper lip and keep going.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16856 on: October 18, 2012, 04:06:32 pm »

If you're going to take a hit to your GPA either way....might as well stick it out and see if you can rise to the challenge.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:44:01 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16857 on: October 18, 2012, 10:12:56 pm »

So I'm fighting super tense battles with absurdly powerful enemies, which I would normally be able to easily dispatch without getting touched. Suddenly, everything gets all slow and things take a 3 second delay to register with the servers. This leads to gory demise WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN EASILY AVOIDED GHHGRGHGHRGHRGHRGHRrhhrhg

AND THEN DIRECTLY AFTER THEY ALL DESPAWN THE LAG SUBSIDES I AM SO ANGRY AT DUMB THINGS RIGHT NOW
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16858 on: October 18, 2012, 10:42:31 pm »

Everything today is making me angry.
He's fucking with us.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16859 on: October 19, 2012, 12:00:34 am »

Missed one of the only 4 programming assignments I had to do this whole semester.  Win7/Eclipse decided to screw me over, although I had Eclipse running TWO WEEKS AGO PERFECTLY FINE, without changing or updating everything it won't launch.  Ok, no big deal, I'll just reinstall Java, since it's the stupid failed to load shared library jvm.dll and reinstalling worked when I had to set this up, right? Tried every combination of reinstalling 32 and 64 bit eclipse/java, no dice on any of them(I know they won't all work, but I was desperate).  If I could actually open my window and not have to buy a new computer this one would be across the street right now.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.
Pages: 1 ... 1122 1123 [1124] 1125 1126 ... 3345