Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700000 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #16815 on: October 16, 2012, 05:37:00 pm »

Although sometimes there really isn't space and you're shouting at a bus that is already packed. Because Metro/[your local bus company here] is stupid and never send enough/large enough buses.
Why would you shout at the bus driver? :(
I meant the people on the bus. You know, yelling down the bus at everyone to move down in an angry manner and everyone glares back because they barely have room to fall over.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16816 on: October 16, 2012, 05:39:37 pm »

I meant the people on the bus. You know, yelling down the bus at everyone to move down in an angry manner and everyone glares back because they barely have room to fall over.
Why would you yell at the people on the bus >_>

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16817 on: October 16, 2012, 05:42:35 pm »

Lenovo, why is your support sub-domain SO SLOW, it is taking me eons to find a driver update for this computer.  At least it eventually loads...
Are you in China? Probably not? Well, that's your problem.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16818 on: October 16, 2012, 05:47:53 pm »

Because some people are impatient and think that other people are in their way just to be awkward? Have you seriously never been on a bus and had a (usually) middle aged woman shout at everyone to cater to her as if her being on the bus is more important than everyone else's? It happens kind of frequently on the bus I get daily. It's the same group as well. They all act like everyone else in the bus in some way has less right to a bus ride to them and acting all indignant whenever one of the general discomforts of a bus ride occurs to them (being bumped into, having someone stumble and stand on your feet etc), despite people generally giving them seats and stuff out of general politeness for the oldish.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16819 on: October 16, 2012, 06:04:33 pm »

Have you seriously never been on a bus and had a (usually) middle aged woman shout at everyone to cater to her as if her being on the bus is more important than everyone else's?
Yep. All about the bus travelling etiquette. If you disassociate from the social norms, you get summarily executed by the bus commissars.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16820 on: October 16, 2012, 06:16:16 pm »

Because some people are impatient and think that other people are in their way just to be awkward? Have you seriously never been on a bus and had a (usually) middle aged woman shout at everyone to cater to her as if her being on the bus is more important than everyone else's? It happens kind of frequently on the bus I get daily. It's the same group as well. They all act like everyone else in the bus in some way has less right to a bus ride to them and acting all indignant whenever one of the general discomforts of a bus ride occurs to them (being bumped into, having someone stumble and stand on your feet etc), despite people generally giving them seats and stuff out of general politeness for the oldish.

They're called crazy people. Crazy people with money like to buy bus passes, and they like to throw their weight around both with the driver and other riders. I've seen and heard some shit in 4 years of riding a bus during college.

Because generally, at least over here, no one is feeling very Imperial while using public transportation. The only people that think their King or Queen on the bus are the people who probably think they're a literal King or Queen already.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16821 on: October 16, 2012, 06:18:36 pm »

alternately, you shout back something at her that makes her so embarrassed she leaves.
then the social norm on the bus is returned.
Never works. At least on teh lunden booses. There are much more entertaining and successful alternatives.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #16822 on: October 16, 2012, 11:31:42 pm »

From facebook:
Quote from: Former Classmate and Coworker

More gun control laws....since when did criminals care about laws. Where there's a will there's a way.
Like · · about an hour ago near East Norriton, PA ·

[redacted] and 3 others like this.
Quote from: me
I substantially disagree with the president on gun control, but considering the whole package, he doesn't go full retard on economics like Romney does. You can not reduce the deficit with tax cuts. Its been proven time and time again for the last 30 years. Every republicanto ever take office for the past 30 years has expanded the debt at a faster rate than every democrat, period. The only administration to balance the budget was democrat. 'The facts do not lie.
    28 minutes ago · Like

I would also point out that the Congressional Progressive Caucus is the only group to propose a legitemate balanced budget plan. The Ryan plan and Romney plans, as well as every republican offered plan increase the deficit substantially.
    23 minutes ago · Like
Fact is Obama has burned more money than the past 43 presidents combined.
    21 minutes ago via mobile · Like
that is a bald faced lie
    16 minutes ago · Like
http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/8188/has-president-obama-accepted-more-debt-than-all-previous-us-presidents-combined
    united states - Has President Obama accepted more debt than all previous US presidents combined? -.
    skeptics.stackexchange.com
    There ispublic debt, which refers to all money borrowed by the US government thr...See More
    15 minutes ago · Like · Remove Preview
Haha believe what you want.
    9 minutes ago via mobile · Like
Are you seriously saying that there are 44 presidents?
    9 minutes ago · Like

A minor typo.
    8 minutes ago via mobile · Like
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://zfacts.com/sites/all/files/image/debt/US-national-debt-GDP.png&imgrefurl=http://zfacts.com/p/318.html&h=481&w=728&sz=18&tbnid=hhP_SbLIZ5WtBM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=136&zoom=1&usg=__OdTkdaYTuTh9ETEbR9_Kl6RztyI=&docid=lfxQx_yyrM2URM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=vzB-UN-hEIHQ9ATv34GQCw&sqi=2&ved=0CB8Q9QEwAA&dur=952
    Google Image Result for http://zfacts.com/sites/all/files/image/debt/US-national-debt-GDP.png
    www.google.com
    7 minutes ago · Like · Remove Preview
I will believe the truth, without regard to what I want.
    7 minutes ago · Like
that is my entire philosophy
    6 minutes ago · Like
Because what I want is the truth. My knowledge changes, and that becomes what I believe. Because it is right. I have no patience for blind dogma.

to harsh? to drunk? To presidential debated? blarg. whatever.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16823 on: October 16, 2012, 11:34:28 pm »

From facebook:

More gun control laws....since when did criminals care about laws. Where there's a will there's a way.
Like · · about an hour ago near East Norriton, PA ·

[redacted] and 3 others like this.
I substantially disagree with the president on gun control, but considering the whole package, he doesn't go full retard on economics like Romney does. You can not reduce the deficit with tax cuts. Its been proven time and time again for the last 30 years. Every republicanto ever take office for the past 30 years has expanded the debt at a faster rate than every democrat, period. The only administration to balance the budget was democrat. 'The facts do not lie.
    28 minutes ago · Like

I would also point out that the Congressional Progressive Caucus is the only group to propose a legitemate balanced budget plan. The Ryan plan and Romney plans, as well as every republican offered plan increase the deficit substantially.
    23 minutes ago · Like
Fact is Obama has burned more money than the past 43 presidents combined.
    21 minutes ago via mobile · Like
that is a bald faced lie
    16 minutes ago · Like
http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/8188/has-president-obama-accepted-more-debt-than-all-previous-us-presidents-combined
    united states - Has President Obama accepted more debt than all previous US presidents combined? -.
    skeptics.stackexchange.com
    There ispublic debt, which refers to all money borrowed by the US government thr...See More
    15 minutes ago · Like · Remove Preview
Haha believe what you want.
    9 minutes ago via mobile · Like
Are you seriously saying that there are 44 presidents?
    9 minutes ago · Like

A minor typo.
    8 minutes ago via mobile · Like
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://zfacts.com/sites/all/files/image/debt/US-national-debt-GDP.png&imgrefurl=http://zfacts.com/p/318.html&h=481&w=728&sz=18&tbnid=hhP_SbLIZ5WtBM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=136&zoom=1&usg=__OdTkdaYTuTh9ETEbR9_Kl6RztyI=&docid=lfxQx_yyrM2URM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=vzB-UN-hEIHQ9ATv34GQCw&sqi=2&ved=0CB8Q9QEwAA&dur=952
    Google Image Result for http://zfacts.com/sites/all/files/image/debt/US-national-debt-GDP.png
    www.google.com
    7 minutes ago · Like · Remove Preview
I will believe the truth, without regard to what I want.
    7 minutes ago · Like
that is my entire philosophy
    6 minutes ago · Like
Because what I want is the truth. My knowledge changes, and that becomes what I believe. Because it is right. I have no patience for blind dogma.

to harsh? to drunk? To presidential debated? blarg. whatever.

You lost when you read what someone posted on Facebook re. the debate, instead of removing them from your news feed permanently.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16824 on: October 17, 2012, 12:40:18 am »

*Goes back to computer after a while*
WHO CLOSED MY INTERNET TABS?!?!?!?!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16825 on: October 17, 2012, 12:42:07 am »

Assuming firefox:

History -> Restore previous session.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16826 on: October 17, 2012, 12:43:55 am »

Assuming firefox:

Nope. Internet Explorer.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16827 on: October 17, 2012, 12:44:42 am »

Assuming firefox:

Nope. Internet Explorer.

Bwahaha, sucks to be you! And me!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16828 on: October 17, 2012, 12:45:14 am »

I'm in a similar boat. I haven't found a session restore option for Chrome >.<
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16829 on: October 17, 2012, 12:47:54 am »

Assuming firefox:

Nope. Internet Explorer.

You truly are an Eldritch Abomination for using Internet Explorer. Chances are, your session was closed because it crashed.
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 3345