Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703577 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15120 on: September 17, 2012, 10:27:10 am »

Namecalling and standing in a particular spot isn't a crime. If you'd have cocked your arm back to hit her and threatened her, that's assault. If you'd have hit her, that's battery. (She pushed you. Technically, that's battery.) Note: I am not a lawyer.

AFAIK, what you did was fine. And justified.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Tech Support RRAAEEGG Edition
« Reply #15121 on: September 17, 2012, 12:39:50 pm »

I'd say you won that confrontation.  I know several women (and I do try to avoid gender stereotyping but I have never met a man who does this) who approach conflicts that way.  They raise the stakes to an extent that the other side isn't willing to match as quickly as possible.  You'll present your side of things and try to be reasonable and their first move is jumping straight to "Back off right now or I'll ruin both our lives."  You didn't back down.  You won.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:21:05 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15122 on: September 17, 2012, 12:56:08 pm »

I'd say you won that confrontation.  I know several women (and I do try to avoid gender stereotyping but I have never met a man who does this) who approach conflicts that way.  They raise to an extent that the other side isn't willing to match as quickly as possible.  You'll present your side of things and try to be reasonable and their first move is jumping straight to "Back off right now or I'll ruin both our lives."  You didn't back down.  You won.

This. Women (Oh god, I'm not stereotyping here, just saying, that in my personal experience, I have found this to be the case a good amount of the time.) are very dedicated practitioners of MAD.
Although, there are men who do this too. They do it a bit differently, with their fists.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15123 on: September 17, 2012, 12:57:39 pm »

Internal network in work went down today. Physics is not so easy with no access to your software on the servers, your files on the servers, or the internet. Thumbs were twiddled muchly today, and many cakes were eaten.
This is a blank sig.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #15124 on: September 17, 2012, 12:58:37 pm »

Internal network in work went down today. Physics is not so easy with no access to your software on the servers, your files on the servers, or the internet. Thumbs were twiddled muchly today, and many cakes were eaten.
Your minions demand cakes, and fine wines.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15125 on: September 17, 2012, 12:59:52 pm »

Your minions demand cakes, and fine wines.

Student: "May I have some cake?"
Me: "OMNOMNOMNOMNOM..."
This is a blank sig.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15126 on: September 17, 2012, 01:19:46 pm »

What, you can't just model particle interactions on the back of some napkins?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15127 on: September 17, 2012, 01:23:25 pm »

Well, yes...

(stimulated electron recoiling following emission of a photon btw) but its more fun with biiiiggg or tiny numbers and stuff.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:25:10 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15128 on: September 17, 2012, 03:51:10 pm »

Minesweeper. Those times when you have to take a shot in the dark because there are multiple possible solutions. Those times when you have to make 5 of those decisions in a row.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15129 on: September 17, 2012, 04:03:57 pm »

Ugh. Fuck Reddit. Fucking useless, anti-Semites, homophobic, disabled-hating, legitametely creepy, smug Internet Atheists. These people need to go fuck themselves and realize that no sane person, other than their idiotic legion of LE UPBOAT FOR HATRED LOLOLO friends will ever get anywhere near them because they can't do anything without spewing creepy bullshit.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15130 on: September 17, 2012, 04:28:10 pm »

other than their idiotic legion of LE UPBOAT FOR HATRED LOLOLO friends will ever get anywhere near them because they can't do anything without spewing creepy bullshit.

Well...they got the president, didn't they?

(For the record, I thought the President doing AMA on Reddit was about the dumbest thing ever. Only slightly less dumb than doing a AMA on Cracked.com.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15131 on: September 17, 2012, 04:30:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure it wasn't really Obama. He probably just had one of his staffers do it. Hell, he might not even have known about it beforehand.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15132 on: September 17, 2012, 04:35:52 pm »

He at least knew about it, since they had a picture of him doing it.

That might have been a staged photo, and then had a staffer actually do it, but he at least knew.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15133 on: September 17, 2012, 04:37:21 pm »

He at least knew about it, since they had a picture of him doing it.

That might have been a staged photo, and then had a staffer actually do it, but he at least knew.

Or it was a stock photo of him in front of a computer :P
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15134 on: September 17, 2012, 09:40:25 pm »

Why are PDFs so horrible.  I really just wish there was some other standard for documentation.  Trying to scroll through them is so annoying.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 ... 3345