Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705268 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14385 on: August 26, 2012, 10:48:44 am »

Personally, I would have responded to that with violence.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14386 on: August 26, 2012, 10:49:20 am »

The fact that he does get to that point in a snap, though, is a worrying indicator.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14387 on: August 26, 2012, 10:51:36 am »

I'm a weakling who spends most of his time reading, playing video games or using a computer. He's spent most of his life doing manual labour. Besides, I have a low pain tolerance.

The fact that he does get to that point in a snap, though, is a worrying indicator.

It's not like I can move out. I don't have a job, and I'd probably starve to death if not reminded to eat on a regular basis.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14388 on: August 26, 2012, 10:53:27 am »

I'm a weakling who spends most of his time reading, playing video games or using a computer. He's spent most of his life doing manual labour. Besides, I have a low pain tolerance.
Then start working out and raising your pain tolerance.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14389 on: August 26, 2012, 10:58:13 am »

TV evangelical shows. In other room. "The father brings order, the mother brings nurturing *continued bullshit along those lines*"

* Frumple's single-mother gender-equality-emphasis temper goes "snap".

Goddamn things are already a paragon example of the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah, and now shit like that. Wish I could strangle. Wish I could strangle. Fuck pacifism, t'hell with non-violence, these asshats make me want to crush windpipes.

On the bright side, sorta', at least they provide a constant and perfect example of how not to minister. Damned moneygrubbing filth.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14390 on: August 26, 2012, 11:01:51 am »

We really aren't suggesting that you respond in kind. That is always a bad idea, as I have learned from many painful experiences. What I would honestly suggest is learning a way to get out of holds and things of that nature. Is there a Jujitsu, Judo or Aikido club anywhere nearby? Those arts generally teach non-violence first and self-defense as a last resort.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14391 on: August 26, 2012, 11:03:33 am »

We really aren't suggesting that you respond in kind.
I am. People who act like his stepdad don't understand anything else.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14392 on: August 26, 2012, 11:06:08 am »

We really aren't suggesting that you respond in kind. That is always a bad idea, as I have learned from many painful experiences. What I would honestly suggest is learning a way to get out of holds and things of that nature. Is there a Jujitsu, Judo or Aikido club anywhere nearby? Those arts generally teach non-violence first and self-defense as a last resort.
I live in the middle of nowhere. The nearest town is something like 30 minutes away, and I can't drive.

I dunno. It just doesn't seem right to me. I'm a lover, not a fighter. I could always go the 'creep the fuck out of him' route, though.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14393 on: August 26, 2012, 11:13:28 am »

Unfortunately, that's liable to get someone with no fighting experience hurt or worse. Furthermore, agitating the situation could lead to regular abuse, and I'd rather that not happen.

If you can't fight him, you can always out-think him. Avoid him. Use clever phrasing to obfuscate your real meaning if you have to talk to him. Use dat brainz.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14394 on: August 26, 2012, 11:17:51 am »

Sinking down to other people's levels is generally a bad idea all around.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14395 on: August 26, 2012, 11:19:35 am »

Unless you want to get then back up. Like, out of the water, and they're drowning.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14397 on: August 26, 2012, 11:24:44 am »

Unfortunately, that's liable to get someone with no fighting experience hurt or worse. Furthermore, agitating the situation could lead to regular abuse, and I'd rather that not happen.

If you can't fight him, you can always out-think him. Avoid him. Use clever phrasing to obfuscate your real meaning if you have to talk to him. Use dat brainz.

He's pretty clever himself, to be honest.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14399 on: August 26, 2012, 11:27:15 am »

@Darvi
I... uh.... hrm...

Fuck you :P

@lordcooper
Remember folks, the best way to win an argument is condescending dismissals! And ice cream.

Well, ice cream is actually non-ironically a good way to win arguments. Can't ad hominem 'em, bribe 'em. No one can resist the strawberry.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 3345