Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 954 955 [956] 957 958 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705658 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14325 on: August 24, 2012, 08:21:13 pm »

I love the self checkouts. Less required human interaction when I venture outside my cave for nourishment.
*highfivebrofistbrohoof*

You do realize that most of us here are human, don't you Kaijyuu? :P
So, you interact with many humans, daily. :o
Pff nope. You guys are all just text and avatars.

Y'know, I may be a transhumanist and I'm all for the glorious advance of technology and all that, but I just don't trust automated checkouts in stores for some reason.
Would you trust it if it had a person's consciousness implanted in a Gravitonic Brain inside it?

I mean, aside from that being fucking awesome, it'd be mostly the same.

Yeah, but it'd still be better (Well, at least for me. I don't know about the consciousness installed in the thing, though.). I prefer dealing with sentient entities when it comes to transactions and such.
I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to network them so it's just like working on a normal checkout. Except instead of getting out of bed to go to work, you just plug yourself in and connect to the checkout.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Lactose Tolerance Edition
« Reply #14326 on: August 24, 2012, 08:21:43 pm »

Less face-to-face human interaction.

Besides, I'm actually a bell pepper.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14327 on: August 24, 2012, 08:21:54 pm »

I'm not. I'm just a Turing-positive spambot
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14328 on: August 24, 2012, 08:24:02 pm »

Neither am I. I'm really just a pile of proteins, amino acids, carbohydrates, keratin, collagen, hemoglobin, and various other organic compounds supported by a scaffolding of calcium-based struts.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14329 on: August 24, 2012, 08:24:23 pm »

I'm a woof.
It occurs to me that this post contains incredibly little content, I apologise, so have some invisible text
My cabbages!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14330 on: August 24, 2012, 08:28:01 pm »

Yes, but this method of interaction doesn't have my hideousness as a factor.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #14331 on: August 24, 2012, 09:30:34 pm »

Hey, I'm a junior in college being forced by his parents to wear a tucked in, button up shirt with dress pants. I'm not a looker (I'd say either if you weren't just getting down on yourself) but I feel 10x worse because I'm wearing something I feel awkward and uncomfortable in.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14332 on: August 24, 2012, 09:39:23 pm »

I've never understood why parents feel the need to dress up their kids in uncomfortable clothes like those :/  Seriously.  The material doesn't breathe, it's starchy and awkward, and always seems to put pressure on the joints, especially the wrists.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14333 on: August 24, 2012, 09:40:39 pm »

Hey, I'm a junior in college being forced by his parents to wear a tucked in, button up shirt with dress pants. I'm not a looker (I'd say either if you weren't just getting down on yourself) but I feel 10x worse because I'm wearing something I feel awkward and uncomfortable in.
And you're wearing dress clothes (at your parents direction) in college because...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14334 on: August 24, 2012, 09:41:22 pm »

Is it bad that that's how I normally dress?
My cabbages!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14335 on: August 24, 2012, 09:44:57 pm »

Is it bad that that's how I normally dress?
Is it the comfortable kind, or is it just starchy shirtsy stuffses?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14336 on: August 24, 2012, 09:51:41 pm »

They're the hot, annoying kind. The fact of the matter isn't exactly what I'm wearing, but that I don't feel comfortable in it! You want to feel your best, and feel like you look your best when in public. If that's your look then rock it like Jack Black doing some master exploding, but if not then you shouldn't be forced to wear it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14337 on: August 24, 2012, 09:53:16 pm »

Well then why not wear something more comfortable. You're at college for pete's sake.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14338 on: August 24, 2012, 09:56:17 pm »

Presumably because they're still paying for food. Or transport. Or something. And they'd find out. Somehow. And cut some of that off. Because You Didn't Listen and As Long As I'm Putting A House Over Your Head, You Follow My Rules. Or Else. Or something. Maybe it's not that pseudo-malicious, I'unno.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14339 on: August 24, 2012, 10:04:09 pm »

I'm living from home (like 60% of the 30,000 students at my university commute) and thus they pay for room, board, transport, etc. I'll give it a week and bring it up when the hysteria has worn off. They're just concerned that I won't get into medical school with a 3.8 unless I seriously suck up to people and get like a 40 on the MCAT. They're worried, and I understand that. But they're really just making me want to talk to professors LESS rather than allowing me to dress normally (an untucked, buttoned up shirt and jeans) and having me want to stick around campus and talk with some brilliant people.

I'm at VCU, it's a very progressive school where even the best students wear what they're comfortable in, which funny enough is relatively casual attire. It's not like I'm at an Ivy League wearing a suit and tie to impress the professors that took 400 level classes in conceit.
Pages: 1 ... 954 955 [956] 957 958 ... 3345