Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705969 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12435 on: June 17, 2012, 06:09:47 am »

So it turns out my GM for D&D 3.5 is a complete douchenozzle. He kept me and my girlfriend in their group for over a year, and then kicks us out, saying there are "too many players".

We played 2 campaigns, the number of players stayed the same throughout. This should have been evident from the start. Instead he let us integrate into the group and become friends before just telling us to fuck off.

Fuck people.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12436 on: June 17, 2012, 08:46:01 am »

FAFSA sie, Y U ALWAYS DOWN!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12438 on: June 17, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »

An Open Letter to All NYPD Officers Who Attended the Arraignment of Officer Richard Haste Yesterday
I'm not even angry. That's utterly depressing. One person is dead and another person's life is ruined. That any joy, vindication, or pride could stem from that is horrific.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12439 on: June 17, 2012, 04:47:07 pm »

An Open Letter to All NYPD Officers Who Attended the Arraignment of Officer Richard Haste Yesterday
I'm not even angry. That's utterly depressing. One person is dead and another person's life is ruined. That any joy, vindication, or pride could stem from that is horrific.
"For what's it's worth, it's worth something."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12440 on: June 17, 2012, 04:51:43 pm »

My anger comes from the obvious display of callousness by the police.  The social divide between law enforcement and the public is so gigantic and obvious.  I see more and more evidence every day that they do not care when they hurt people, and even take pride in it.  Every time I bring this up I hear the "it's just because you only hear about the bad ones", but right here is a large group of police making an open and public display of support for brutality.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12441 on: June 17, 2012, 05:03:23 pm »

To some degree you do only hear about the bad ones. The good ones do their paperwork and go home. Not heroic, not newsworthy.

This is a display of the attitude that allows the bad ones to continue being bad cops. Part of the poison that's hurting the tree and perpetuating the bad apples' continuing existence. I don't know what mindset those cheering cops were in, but it's dark and alien to me. I'm not angry at something I don't understand, but rather, disconcerted.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12442 on: June 18, 2012, 08:34:55 am »

Have had a 1.5 TB MyBook Elite for a while.  Never did much with it.  Just occasionally backed stuff up.  I haven't backed up anything in several months.  Decided tonight was a good night to back up some stuff... and my computer won't recognize the drive anymore.  Did some searching, and apparently the usb connectors have a tendency to crap out on these things.  Grrr...
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #12443 on: June 18, 2012, 10:18:51 am »

Have had a 1.5 TB MyBook Elite for a while.  Never did much with it.  Just occasionally backed stuff up.  I haven't backed up anything in several months.  Decided tonight was a good night to back up some stuff... and my computer won't recognize the drive anymore.  Did some searching, and apparently the usb connectors have a tendency to crap out on these things.  Grrr...

Yea. MyBooks are not that great. I have an old MyBookWorld round button. Its onboard processor isn't up to handling traffic well enough. With a 100mbit ethernet connection, you get about 8mbit. With gigabit ethernet conneciton, you get about 20mbit.

Though I do have mine hacked and it acts as my home server and hosts an SVN repo, so its not as though its complete junk.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12444 on: June 18, 2012, 03:40:56 pm »

Hmm. I'm pretty sure my parents use a MyBook... Might have to tell them to back up their back up.

Really, it's just shameful to design a product with the purpose of storage like that. Like if you sold a storage cell where the lock and door risk fusing with the wall.
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12445 on: June 18, 2012, 04:44:44 pm »

Today, I spent... seven, seven in a half hours, straight, organizing and filing student folders. From this experience, I have learned one major thing.

The first thing I will ever do in any situation where a large amount of file keeping is required, is digitize goddamn everything. If anyone tries to stop me, I will break their limbs sequentially until they capitulate spend an inordinate amount of time (and possibly bribe them) convincing them it's a good idea. There is no excuse for this shit in 2012.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12446 on: June 18, 2012, 05:21:46 pm »

The first thing I will ever do in any situation where a large amount of file keeping is required, is digitize goddamn everything. If anyone tries to stop me, I will break their limbs sequentially until they capitulate spend an inordinate amount of time (and possibly bribe them) convincing them it's a good idea. There is no excuse for this shit in 2012.

Haha, my job a couple summers was digitizing some records. The old people who worked there pretty much had no clue how it worked. Conversations regularly went like

"Hey, can I have this file?"
"Oh, we put that online, you can see it here."
"Yeah, but can I have the file?"
"I don't see why you need to. Everything you could need is online."
"I see, but where's the physical file?"

That's pretty much the main thing keeping some places in 1990. Also bureaucracy.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12447 on: June 18, 2012, 05:24:05 pm »

My father makes me print out all his emails. He doesn't want to read them on the computer.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12448 on: June 18, 2012, 05:26:04 pm »

Is it considered discrimination if you fire all the old people for not understanding new technology?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12449 on: June 18, 2012, 05:27:04 pm »

Is it considered discrimination if you fire all the old people for not understanding new technology?
Potentially. Is it required of them to understand it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 3345