Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705599 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SalmonBot Edition
« Reply #12405 on: June 14, 2012, 09:39:46 pm »

Having really been skimping on food recently, it's not a good idea to go without some decent stuff and variety. 2 months surviving on 3 things did horrible things to my psyche; 3 days after switching to a more varied diet and I'm a billion times happier and more productive. It just costs more is all.
This. So much this. This so damn much.
"Mmmm, animal crackers are gooood!"
*5 weeks later, after eating several pounds of animal crackers a week, sometimes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner*
"I FUCKING HATE ANIMAL CRACKERS. I WILL NEVER EVER EAT THESE AGAIN."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12406 on: June 14, 2012, 09:40:09 pm »

Lol, I thought we agreed biological warfare was wrong?
Biological warfare? I enjoy spicy food. O_o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12407 on: June 14, 2012, 09:44:51 pm »

Once it's down my throat, I never think about it again.
Eat spicier food. ^_^

I do like spicy food.  Indian food that gave me a nosebleed was good.  However, I couldn't even tell you what it tasted like now.  I only remember that I liked it and it made my nosebleed.  I think this is the most memorable meal I've ever eaten, and that's all I could even tell you about it.  Eating food just isn't a meaningful experience to me.  Obviously, I want to be healthy and I know that variety is important, but overall good as in "pleasant to eat" food is at the very bottom of my list of priorities, along with most creature comforts.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12408 on: June 14, 2012, 09:55:49 pm »

Once it's down my throat, I never think about it again.
Eat spicier food. ^_^

I do like spicy food.  Indian food that gave me a nosebleed was good.  However, I couldn't even tell you what it tasted like now.  I only remember that I liked it and it made my nosebleed.  I think this is the most memorable meal I've ever eaten, and that's all I could even tell you about it.  Eating food just isn't a meaningful experience to me.  Obviously, I want to be healthy and I know that variety is important, but overall good as in "pleasant to eat" food is at the very bottom of my list of priorities, along with most creature comforts.
So, food quality doesn't affect you...what about drinks?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12409 on: June 14, 2012, 10:01:44 pm »

I've actually grown quite attached to coffee.  I think that would be the one exception to this whole thing, but I'm making a sort of weak attempt to give it up or lessen my intake over the summer.  Otherwise, I drink almost exclusively coffee and water... If you were wondering about alcohol, I can't stand the stuff, but will partake a weak drink or two at social events for the sake of harmony.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12410 on: June 14, 2012, 11:48:18 pm »

Lost an hour and a half of playtime in x-com apocalypse, did a cult of sirius raid(lost a guy to two rockets to the back, but that is an acceptable loss), got a 100% shot down ufo rate for the latest wave (while still allowing one to beam down aliens before blowing it out of the sky because I need something for my scientists to do) and completely steamrolled the terror mission.

Then right as I'm closing in on what is likely to be the last anthropod on the mission, with 4 spitter bodies 2 live multiworms (Hell of a lot easier to stun them than kill them honestly) and a live brainsucker pod ready to bring in to my scientists the game demands that I re-insert the CD, not allowing me to continue.

This is the steam version, it should not need a CD.  And you know what?  I still have my origonal CD!  AND IT HAS BEEN IN THE BLOODY DRIVE THE ENTIRE MISSION!   

I think I suddenly remembered why I never actually got around to beating this game.

EDIT: Looked at the dosbox config file and everything should be working there.  It mounts the .iso for the virtual cd before running the game, and the virtual cd looks about the same as my physical one.  Oh well.  I configured it to also mount my physical CD drive as well for what should be a second place for x-com to find the CD.  Complete shot in the dark, and I can't really test to see if the error is solved on demand.  But who knows, if I don't see the error again maybe I'll have solved hundreds of nostalgia gamers' frustrations.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:23:22 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12411 on: June 15, 2012, 12:35:26 am »

This router. I'm going to take a baseball bat to it pretty soon to force my parents to get a new one.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12412 on: June 15, 2012, 01:02:33 am »

My computer keeps freezing, presumably a driver issue with my wifi card. So much fucking time wasted in games and papers because someone is too lazy to make a phone call that switches the goddamn ISP so I can have the modem in my room. /rant
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12413 on: June 15, 2012, 02:35:57 am »

Popping in for the first time to say that I have a special reaction video for rage-inducing things. However, this video must be used carefully. It is not for "McDonald's screwed up my order AGAIN!", it should be reserved for "THAT TOTAL GODDAMN CHILD-RAPING SCUMBAG".

I give you a giant non-Euclidean crystal melting a mountain.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #12414 on: June 15, 2012, 05:15:53 am »

Got killed by Lord Dredmor in Dungeons of Dredmor, UUuurgh. Next time Im not permadeathing.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12415 on: June 15, 2012, 06:17:57 am »

Popping in for the first time to say that I have a special reaction video for rage-inducing things. However, this video must be used carefully. It is not for "McDonald's screwed up my order AGAIN!", it should be reserved for "THAT TOTAL GODDAMN CHILD-RAPING SCUMBAG".

I knew that would be Ramiel before I clicked the link. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12416 on: June 15, 2012, 09:03:28 am »

STARYU WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12417 on: June 15, 2012, 12:24:44 pm »

STARYU WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
you looked at the top comment, didn't you?
If Starmie ever evolved
An already well established symbol being repeated? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!!

In all honesty, no, I don't normally read youtube comments on account of them all being highly acidic.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12418 on: June 15, 2012, 12:57:26 pm »

So apparently July's rent payment was due in advance, two weeks ago.

I was under the impression that the two people who have basically elected themselves the all-responsible leaders of the house when it comes to rent and crap would have known about this. I didn't ask about it because I felt like I would have just been talked down to if I was wrong about it. These two have basically screwed up on every possible occasion.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12419 on: June 15, 2012, 04:11:27 pm »

Well, how many OTHER giant, non-Euclidean crystals that melt mountains can you think of? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 3345