Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701289 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Poor Snake......Edition
« Reply #11925 on: June 01, 2012, 08:09:59 am »

Yeah, totally "every opportunity possible". That's why there's been more than a year of civil war in Syria and no intervention yet.
Yeah, this. If Syria is "Western imperialists rushing in", then they're all obviously geriatric imperialists who can't find their walkers.

'I could have sworn this is where we parked the AT-AT.'
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11926 on: June 01, 2012, 08:47:46 am »

Yeah, totally "every opportunity possible". That's why there's been more than a year of civil war in Syria and no intervention yet.
Yeah, this. If Syria is "Western imperialists rushing in", then they're all obviously geriatric imperialists who can't find their walkers.

'I could have sworn this is where we parked the AT-AT.'
Y'know, I actually had a similar thought for a brief second after typing that. "Imperial walkers? wat?"

So....like I posted last week, we're all getting the axe in a few months. There's a big conference call going on to answer our questions related to potential reassignment within HP, how non-compete clauses factor into this, etc.

Guess who doesn't get to participate in the call because....y'know, somebody still has to answer the phones. "Oh, somebody will take some notes and email it to you".

This is why I want this to be the last fucking help desk job I ever work. Because we're the fucking coal miners of the IT world.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11927 on: June 01, 2012, 09:00:02 am »

This is why I want this to be the last fucking help desk job I ever work. Because we're the fucking coal miners of the IT world.

We even carry the occupational hazard of being trapped in a cave-in of stupid.

Too bad they still use such tiny wings down in Texas.

Take THAT, Texas gigantism.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11928 on: June 01, 2012, 09:19:59 am »

(and I'm betting a few of you have eaten in that Texas-based wing chain, having thus eaten my cooking. ^_^)

You're talking about Wingstop aren't you? And yes it's good stuff.
....small world. The CEO of Wingstop is a distant relative of my wife's.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11929 on: June 01, 2012, 08:36:25 pm »

(and I'm betting a few of you have eaten in that Texas-based wing chain, having thus eaten my cooking. ^_^)

You're talking about Wingstop aren't you? And yes it's good stuff.
....small world. The CEO of Wingstop is a distant relative of my wife's.
Cool. See if you can get Troy Aikman's signature on something. It's probably worth a couple hundred bucks. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11930 on: June 01, 2012, 11:33:42 pm »

Driving. In general, even with no traffic. I just hate it. It eats my time, it eats my money. I drove a lot today and it really put me on edge so I've been getting pretty angry about little things. Sigh.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11931 on: June 02, 2012, 12:01:29 am »

Ahahahaha, several years of the stuff and I've still got good odds of stepping out of the driver's seat shaking.

Add all of that on top of what would be a crippling phobia of driving (because there is just about absolutely nothing more dangerous than driving, and the mechanics of the act drives my brain into a gibbering terror) if it weren't for over a decade of meditative practice, and you have me! At least forcing your muscles to stop trying to tense for extended periods is good practice.

I'd ask who you have to murder to get a decent public transport system, but not only do I know the answer to that, the feasibility of bring able to get enough 'em and still be able to enjoy said system afterwards is nil. Ah well.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11932 on: June 02, 2012, 12:14:56 am »

I'll sometimes get on my bike and drive around for the hell of it. No reason other than that I find it fun.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11933 on: June 02, 2012, 01:17:10 am »

I'd love to just drive around for fun. Honestly, it's probably one of the cheaper ways to entertain yourself. But I've got to drive around to do things, and that's not really that fun at all.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11934 on: June 02, 2012, 03:54:48 am »

I avoid driving at all possible.

Currently looking for a part time job, and am only looking at places within biking distance.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11935 on: June 02, 2012, 10:04:17 am »

no mass transit?

rage below

NO MASS TRANSIT!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #11936 on: June 02, 2012, 11:50:30 am »

I avoid Mass Transit (buses primarily) like the plague. When I lived down a little south of here I had to take the bus for a little bit while the car I was driving was in the shop. Driving to work took approximately 30 minutes with bad traffic. Going by bus took 2+ hours IF they were running on time. And god forbid my first bus was late that day and got to the central station a little late for my transfer I'd have to wait an extra hour for the next bus to go down towards my work >:( Cheap as hell, but not worth it to me to wake up 3 hours earlier than normal, ride a bus, work for 9 hours, and ride another bus home taking only an hour going back since the return passes right by my stop. 13 hours out of the house + random house work + obligatory drinking with my roommate at the time + sleep and then restart the next day. Not fun at all.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11937 on: June 02, 2012, 11:51:46 am »

bus is not mass transit
it is transit
subway/lite rail/tram= mass transit
Highly Opinionated Fool

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11938 on: June 02, 2012, 12:02:42 pm »

The other day, a woman at work asked me to come to her little daughter's christening party. I declined, since I don't know her that well and didn't have a way to get there. And let's face it, I just didn't want to go.
Then one of the staff members starts giving her crap about the pointlessness of such ritualism compared to the mission's own religious beliefs. I don't know if he was joking or not, but that was just rude.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11939 on: June 02, 2012, 12:06:15 pm »

i like your sig.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 3345