Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3698158 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Honestly......Edition
« Reply #10515 on: April 21, 2012, 04:00:16 pm »

This could also possibly go into WTF, but it irked me at the time, so.

Playing a random 4v4, one of the enemy players proxycannons my teammate. The guy loses half the shield on his gateway and quits the game. Afterwards, I'm looking over the scoreboard, and notice that he was a mid-range platinum leaguer. What the hell, you're in plat and you don't know how to deal with a proxy when you have a teammate right next door to help you out!? For that matter, what the hell is a plat player doing in "let's dick around" bronze/silver league 4v4?

Derail is Newspeak for "I don't like this, so let's prolong discussion about it!".  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10516 on: April 21, 2012, 04:50:12 pm »

what the hell is a plat player doing in "let's dick around" bronze/silver league 4v4?

Could be someone who cheesed their way into plat, so they can't actually play at all?

RAEG!

YOUR RAEG IS DELICIOUS

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: April 21, 2012, 05:17:50 pm »

what the hell is a plat player doing in "let's dick around" bronze/silver league 4v4?

Could be someone who cheesed their way into plat, so they can't actually play at all?

That's what I'm inclined to suspect, except that they did a normal toss opening. Also, typing in slow motion because I am stupidly trying to play a large map in Civ V on a laptop.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #10518 on: April 21, 2012, 05:26:28 pm »

People who leave their yard/garage sale signs up after they're finished. Especially when they GO IN A CIRCLE.

ARRRRRGH

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: April 21, 2012, 05:35:56 pm »

People who leave their yard/garage sale signs up after they're finished. Especially when they GO IN A CIRCLE.

ARRRRRGH
Thus starting a never ending search for the long lost garage sale...

They are pure evil. As if it's not bad enough looking for garage sales that actually exist.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #10520 on: April 21, 2012, 11:37:02 pm »

Me and a roommate of mine once put up enough yardsale signs to cover about a half mile in every direction of streetcorners. We had people coming from the highway to visit our yardsale and made out like bandits! :D got 600 USD in about 4 hours and then it kinda slowed down for a few hours. Then we made another 400 when people were coming back from work. It was awesome! Then we spent it all on booze and other stuff for a party we threw for the next week and a half. It was amazing...

So, something that causes raeg.. so that this isn't entirely an offtopic post...

Umm... I guess it would have to be all of the Anti-Smoking commercials. Ciggie companies are not allowed to put their spin on things but yet anti-ciggie groups can? wtf? Not to mention that most of their "facts" are indeed not facts... such as the chances of getting lung cancer from smoking. Sure, smoking fucks with your respiratory system... but so does just about fucking everything in the environment nowadays! Lung cancer in non-smoking adults ranges from maybe 1% - 1.5% chance.. So cigarette smoking, at the worst, raises that to maybe 2% - 3% if smoking does increase your chances by 100%... the way that it is put out it makes it sound like you are going to get lung cancer if you smoke... period.

Every person in the world has at least one cancer in their bodies at all times... it is just a matter of whether or not the cancer grows, which may or may not be actually attributable to cigarette smoking. Go for walks everyday in a poor air quality area? You are probably more likely to get lung cancer than me who walks about in the middle of the boonies with very good air quality, while I smoke my cigarettes... I loathe anti-smoking commercials... more rageworthy than anything else going on lately to me.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #10521 on: April 21, 2012, 11:48:25 pm »

I smoke cigars now and again (but don't inhale them) and 'wacky-tobaccy', when I can get a hold of that (do inhale it, unlike Mr. Clinton). But I don't begrudge the anti-smoking commercials one bit. The more they scare people away from smoking cigarettes, the better. I *despise* laws that I consider unfair when it comes to smoking (for instance, I believe it is absolutely ridiculous that the government would try to restrict private business owners from allowing smoking in their establishments, as long as there are signs warning about the hazards - if somebody brings themselves or their kids into a smoking environment, it's their problem; however, I am completely in favor of banning smoking on sidewalks and public properties). But cigarettes are crap and are extremely costly, and they are detrimental to health in many more ways than adding to a chance to get lung cancer. Emphysema, chronic bad breath, etc etc. I support anybody's right to smoke them if that's what they really want, and also peoples' right to smoke them on privately owned property that allows them, but I would love it if there were anti-smoking ads airing 24/7 to reduce the rate of people actually doing it as much as possible.

This is what I consider the most reasonable stance to be, anyway.

To add to the thread without further derail: my cats have been unsuccessfully launching themselves at the window sill for about an hour now, each time falling down and taking several possibly breakable items with them. And there's another window two feet away that's easily accessible to them offering EXACTLY THE SAME VIEW.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: April 21, 2012, 11:56:28 pm »

Dudebro, media bias fucking sucks. Now, because this is the rage thread, I have to apologize preemptively for the remainder of this post, which largely takes issue with yours. Basically, you've unfortunately triggered one of my own rages.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Ninja'd, ah well.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: April 22, 2012, 12:17:42 am »

Humping 80lb concrete mix all day thats what i want to do on a saturday
 whats this? Mom watered her dead plant pot and got the bags wet!
FUCK GOTTA RUN FASTER!
*bag explodes moment being picked up*
Goddamnit stupid fucking piece of shit paper bag! WHY THE FUCK YOU MANUFACTURERS COULDN'T USE WATERPROOF PLASTIC BAGS!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: April 22, 2012, 01:10:11 am »

Arghblebargle. Two methods for finding the odds of a given roll vary by about 1% when given a test case to ensure they're identical. I kind of wish I weren't so shitty about commenting my code that asking for help in the coding thread would be an affront to all things decent. Also that I weren't so shitty at coding that I boxed myself into using 1-dimensional arrays for doing this weeks ago.

Bluh, bug hunting.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #10525 on: April 22, 2012, 02:27:33 am »

Bauglir : I don't begrudge you at all for a lack of citation as I have an inherent lack of citation as well. While it may be plausible that ciggies are a cause for the cancer or other illness it doesn't mean that the blame can be placed solely on them. Several additional factors apply: environmental conditons in the area(s) the person frequents, family history, as well as whatever they put into their bodies throughout life. As an extra thing, if you would like any help deciphering your own code I may be able to help. I try to be knowledgeable about as many coding things as possible so maybe I can get you out of your 1-D box and into 2-D... I hate bug hunting as well. I have wasted days hunting down 1-3 line bugs that completely screwed with my program despite them being surrounded with debug code...

EDIT!!!

I feel like I need to make an addendum to this as I do not smoke manufactured cigarettes from any company and haven't for a few years. I smoke tobacco grown as organically as I can on my own property. It doesn't have all of the random extra carcinogens that manufactured cigarettes have nowadays. I grow about a half acre a season and have probably a few years worth of tobacco curing in my shed right now so I won't need to buy anything except papers to smoke it from for a while. My view is probably jaded by my own tobacco which I mix with other natural plants to get different flavors...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:48:10 am by GalenEvil »
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: April 22, 2012, 03:39:25 am »

The only reason I dislike anti smoking ads is that they remind me about smoking, which makes me want to.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: April 22, 2012, 04:37:36 am »

I feel like I need to make an addendum to this as I do not smoke manufactured cigarettes from any company and haven't for a few years. I smoke tobacco grown as organically as I can on my own property. It doesn't have all of the random extra carcinogens that manufactured cigarettes have nowadays. I grow about a half acre a season and have probably a few years worth of tobacco curing in my shed right now so I won't need to buy anything except papers to smoke it from for a while. My view is probably jaded by my own tobacco which I mix with other natural plants to get different flavors...

This probably makes you much better-off, healthwise, than the vast, vast majority of smokers.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: April 22, 2012, 08:40:02 am »

WoT keeps insisting on constant lagspikes that make the game unplayable, screw them and their random problems >:O
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: April 22, 2012, 09:25:37 am »

My friend being surprised to hear that Russia was with the Allies in WW2, and thus the "good guys".

He said he played too much (the newer) Call of Duties, with Russians always being the bad guys, and he thought that Russia was the bad guy in WW2 too. Never mind the fact that you play as the Russians in the WW2 CoD games.
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 3345