Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699488 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

seriously, turning off the power in this weather is insult to injury.
I'd say the CPI(M) had decided that all citizens should share equally in the misery, but they're not in charge anymore. Chalk it up to plain old "Infrastructure? What infrastructure?" problems that much of India has.

I still remember when I was working on my thesis and sifting through the Indian census, and realizing that in some places, over 50% of the houses are built primarily out of mud.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Judge has ordered me to file a divorce "without children." I literally had mom bring her kid to the courthouse in a stroller to show the damn judge the kid. Screw me, I'm still supposed to file it as without kids, because the court doesn't feel like dealing with the custody issue. Appeal? Client doesn't have money for the court costs of that. You can file an indigent affidavit saying you're too poor to pay that and if the court finds you are too poor, then you get your $25 filing fee back and have all court costs waived. The court did not find her indigent, yet she's broke and has to pay for the kid herself, because dad is a deadbeat.

So the judge is essentially telling me "there is no kid," and I'm showing up with the kid and mom right next to me.... ??? Mom is at least sort of understanding about how I can't file anything until I deal with Judge Crazy McDon'twannaseethekidinfrontofme. There are express statutes dealing with child custody and the judge is just ignoring all of them and doesn't care.... Do you know what kind of shit it takes to force a judge to listen or to remove one in that situation. I'm literally going to have to go to the State Supreme Court and I am NOT getting paid for this practically. JUDGES SHOULD NOT BE ELECTED. It doesn't work. Democrazy has a way of sucking sometimes.
Isn't that blatant misconduct? You are showing proof the kid exists and as part of divorces is custody. Wtf kind of a judge is he, he can lose his job for this bullcrap.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

Next week I'm taking my computer back to be inspected AGAIN and hopefully repaired this time because it is still randomly disconnecting me from the internet and I am quite sure it's a hardware problem because they couldn't find any problems in the software the last THREE TIMES they checked the software and ignored the hardware completely. And even though it's under warranty this is still apparently going to cost me about $100 an hour.

GODFUCKINGDAMMIT.
くコ:彡

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Quote from: email from my alma mater
Dear Southern Miss College of Science and Technology Alum:

One hundred years ago, The University of Southern Mississippi (then Mississippi Normal College) opened its doors to its first class of students. Since 1912, we have grown to be a world-class institution teaching not only Mississippians but students from all over the world.

We have experienced a tremendous amount of growth in the last century but our goal has always been the same: to have students leave with the knowledge needed to shape a brighter future for themselves and their communities. I hope you will help us do this by making a gift today to the College of Science and Technology Development Fund. Please visit usmfoundation.com/scienceandtechnology today to make your gift.

New challenges now face those of us who value our fine institution. Our students are graduating with unprecedented student loan debt loads. At Southern Miss, 65 percent of our students in 2010 graduated with some debt and the average is over $19,000 in student loans (The Project on Student Debt). This is a problem because debt often prevents graduates from fully participating in the economy. They may delay doing things like starting a business or buying a home because of the burden of the debt.

I hope you will help our students become graduates whose only burden is to share the knowledge that you acquired at Southern Miss. You can do that by supporting scholarships through the College of Science and Technology Development Fund.

Your gift sends the message that you want to take…

Southern Miss to the Top!

Dr. Joe B. Whitehead, Jr.

Dean, Southern Miss College of Science and Technology

The irony...
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

My RAGE of the week?

My gym wants to charge me nearly $200.00 to cancel my gym membership; a $100.00 cancellation fee I wasn't told about, a month 'because the billing period has started' (today), and another month up-front. PLUS, their new 12-15 dollar rate doesn't apply, so I'm still stuck paying the old 32.00 rate for the month and the extra month as well.

Yeah, right. I just lost my job and I'm being evicted Friday, not to mention I no longer live even remotely near the gym. I've got $40.00 to my name and I'm staying on a friend's couch. If you're not sure how someone who was making 2,000-3,000 a month with multiple insurance licenses and experience managing an insurance agency ends up staying on the couch of someone who's on welfare, well...

Welcome to the American Economic Crisis. My whole damn regions like this, and the only ones making money are ripping it from their customers like these extortionate gyms. It outrages me how anyone who practices honest business gets absolutely devoured by the other companies willing to falsify signatures, accept false documents, and overcharge for every service they provide, legal or not.

I think I remember why I hate working in Business.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

@Nadaka - Too high student loans to afford helping out?
Love, scriver~

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

@Nadaka - Too high student loans to afford helping out?

yea. I am at least 3 or 4 years from paying off my student loans if I live an extremely frugal lifestyle.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Still sick of Valve trolling with the mythical 'offline mode' for Steam. Worse yet?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Exact same network as I normally use, with the same settings, except that I don't have an ethernet cable with me so I'm connected wirelessly. Twenty minutes of googling has found nothing but threads full of people pissed off at Steam not working.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Speaking of student loans ... my parents made sure to save up for me for college so I wouldn't have to graduate with student loan debt.  I took up a job as a teacher's assistant throughout college (which covered most/all tuition costs) to help offset what they had to pay and just to show my thanks for them being willing to pay for me. 

Now?  Over 5 years later I'm paying off student loans.  Why?  Because I'm with my student-loan-having-but-fell-chronically-ill-right-before-graduation-and-can't-work-now partner who I met in college. 

Thanks, world.  If I didn't have things I still want to do/see (and copious amounts of alcohol) I would have shot myself years ago. 

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Still sick of Valve trolling with the mythical 'offline mode' for Steam. Worse yet?

Exact same network as I normally use, with the same settings, except that I don't have an ethernet cable with me so I'm connected wirelessly. Twenty minutes of googling has found nothing but threads full of people pissed off at Steam not working.

That almost beats me playing EU3 offline with no internet until steam crashes, and now I can no longer play EU3 without being online. Wtf?
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bluh, stupid manager. Yesterday, he makes me and some other guys start taking frozen raw chicken wings out of these wholesale boxes and putting them in small plastic bags. This is blatantly illegal since we do not have the facilities where I work to seperate raw poultry/meat like that. Even if we did, doing it outside in the open air and using a garden hose to try and thaw out the ice is not the proper facilities to do so. Plus, I think the guy is racist. Initially, there were three of us, all white, and pretty much the only white guys working in the warehouse, bagging chicken while everyone else, all of whom is black(as well as the manager), where just standing around bullshitting.

And on the way home yesterday, the bus broke down, presumably right at the start of the route, and so its replacement was a good half-hour late. It was overcrowded and I had to stand, and for half of the way, some loudmouth fatass kept pushing her stroller right into my back, not to mention blocking off all access to the back of the bus. She was giving shit to everyone who was complaining about it, too. If she wasn't holding a 3-year-old, I'd have kicked her in her head. It's amazing just how quiet the bus got when she finally got off.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

Judge has ordered me to file a divorce "without children." I literally had mom bring her kid to the courthouse in a stroller to show the damn judge the kid. Screw me, I'm still supposed to file it as without kids, because the court doesn't feel like dealing with the custody issue. Appeal? Client doesn't have money for the court costs of that. You can file an indigent affidavit saying you're too poor to pay that and if the court finds you are too poor, then you get your $25 filing fee back and have all court costs waived. The court did not find her indigent, yet she's broke and has to pay for the kid herself, because dad is a deadbeat.

So the judge is essentially telling me "there is no kid," and I'm showing up with the kid and mom right next to me.... ??? Mom is at least sort of understanding about how I can't file anything until I deal with Judge Crazy McDon'twannaseethekidinfrontofme. There are express statutes dealing with child custody and the judge is just ignoring all of them and doesn't care.... Do you know what kind of shit it takes to force a judge to listen or to remove one in that situation. I'm literally going to have to go to the State Supreme Court and I am NOT getting paid for this practically. JUDGES SHOULD NOT BE ELECTED. It doesn't work. Democrazy has a way of sucking sometimes.
Isn't that blatant misconduct? You are showing proof the kid exists and as part of divorces is custody. Wtf kind of a judge is he, he can lose his job for this bullcrap.

You'd think so wouldn't you...?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Do what I do.

When in doubt, report someone to their superiors, and their superiors' superior, until something is done.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

So me and my friends lost another house we were going to rent. The owner was renting out the upper and lower floor separately, but we only wanted half so we filled out all the forms and gave him the deposit. And then on the day we were supposed to sign the lease he goes "Oh, someone else wanted to rent the whole house together and that's easier to deal with. Here's your money back."

I hate landlords.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

The math from his side is not hard to do. Sell the whole unit as one, or sell half the unit to a bunch of people, and get stuck with half a unit he can't get anyone to rent.

It sucks but that's the economics of renting.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 3345