Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697447 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #8145 on: December 31, 2011, 05:35:27 am »

It also helps that any thread specifically dedicated to ponies is now banned after several previous Pony threads got locked dues to it's content breaking the rules in so many disgusting ways.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #8146 on: December 31, 2011, 06:19:03 am »

As always,

If someone's gushing specifically to you about anything (ponies or otherwise) and you've made it clear you don't care, I sympathize.
If someone's gushing to fellow fans of said thing, and you just happen to be within hearing distance, I don't sympathize. At all.

This being the internet, there's a lot of idiocy along the lines of hype backlash AND assuming that everything appeals to everyone. Neither opinion is less dumb because they both carry the expectation that others have to agree. Subjectivity be damned.

So yeah, you like what you like and I'll like what I like. Respect: it's an awesome thing.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: December 31, 2011, 08:11:54 am »

Oh boy, is it this argument yet again?  Brilliant.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: December 31, 2011, 08:15:20 am »

I find it very amusing that on this forum, I almost never run into fan-talk about MLP, however, it seems people who dislike it feel the need to talk about the show and the fans every other day.
Love, scriver~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: December 31, 2011, 10:26:24 am »

Hello again, pony argument. I think this makes it more common than the thing about the tildes now~
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: December 31, 2011, 10:28:01 am »

I see what you did there. >_>

:P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8151 on: December 31, 2011, 10:31:10 am »

The ponies.

They've invaded another forum I frequent. Now we have a pony megathread, and pony avatars, and fucking hell I can't go anywhere without seeing ponies. The only reason I put up with them here is because Bay12games has it's own style of Mafia, which I feel is the best style. Also, DF.

LOTSA LOTSA LEMONS.

Habblatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8152 on: December 31, 2011, 10:43:07 am »

I got slightly mad at a guy in the EQD thread post about kaijyuu's game too.
Criticism is good and all, but that guy was just such a douche for no reason at all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:44:44 am by Habblatic »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: December 31, 2011, 10:48:17 am »

I got slightly mad at a guy in the EQD thread post about kaijyuu's game too.
Criticism is good and all, but that guy was just such a douche for no reason at all.

Yeah. Just because his project didn't take off doesn't mean someone else's project won't. Even then, I personally think that it was better that Kaijyuu went all out on the engine than the graphics. That way, he'll have a workable canvas than having concept art that isn't going to be used in the long run.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8154 on: December 31, 2011, 10:59:32 am »

Unless your this is what made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today, we're going a bit off topic :P

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: December 31, 2011, 11:02:20 am »

Alright, let us rerail the thread a bit.

Fireworks. Stupid Fireworks. Why does everyone use them, even when they know the dangers of using it? Sure they look wonderful and all, but f**k, they make my lungs cry out for air.

This is one of the reasons I hate Christmas and New Year.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8156 on: December 31, 2011, 11:05:08 am »

Fireworks. Stupid Fireworks. Why does everyone use them, even when they know the dangers of using it? Sure they look wonderful and all, but f**k, they make my lungs cry out for air.

I can assure you, people throwing fireworks at each other is one of the most hilariously stupid things you can witness in your life.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: December 31, 2011, 11:07:04 am »

I can assure you, people throwing fireworks at each other is one of the most hilariously stupid things you can witness in your life.
The just wanna have !!Fun!!

RAGEDIT: Freaking fireworks started at 5 PM and will continue till around 5 AM. Hrrrrngl!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:46:58 pm by Bardum Idith »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: December 31, 2011, 03:14:28 pm »

I only endorse fireworks on the 4th of July, as a quasi re-enactment of what the revolutionary war was like. Given the accuracy of muskets and archaic powder weapons, throwing fireworks at each other and praying seems like a great way to honor our nation's founding. The similarities between holding a firecracker too long and having your musket explode in your face are fairly strong, to me.

Christmas and New Year's fireworks just don't seem as much fun by comparison.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:24:41 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #8159 on: December 31, 2011, 03:29:37 pm »

I traded game and good coupon to a friend for steam coal and I got a coupon that was worse version of the coupon I traded away. EDIT: Kaijyuu made pony rpg demo? I saw it on EQD but I dind't notice it had demo or that who made it. DL:ing right now.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:47:04 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 3345