Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697156 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I think that instead of getting rid of people, we need to solidify all of humanity into one civilization, one free of infighting and pointless hatred. One free of war and poverty. We need to become at one with each other, one and all. That way, we may truly advance as a society.

Don't mind me, I've had rum. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

I think that instead of getting rid of people, we need to solidify all of humanity into one civilization, one free of infighting and pointless hatred. One free of war and poverty. We need to become at one with each other, one and all. That way, we may truly advance as a society.

Don't mind me, I've had rum. :P
Wait, so when you start drinking you start thinking of ways the world can become a single utopia?

Keep drinking.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It would be possible if we all spoke the same language, had the same monetary system and weren't at constant pseudo war.

But we don't, so no Utopia for us yet :d

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Deus Ex: HR's boss fights. Gahhh, these are TERRIBLE. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty setting, having a great time in the actual game, but when I get to these terrible tacked on boss fights, it becomes nearly impossible.
The bosses themselves don't even make sense. 1 shot to the head with my armor piercing handgun and everything else dies; the first boss ate grenades for supper followed by a bullet barrage and grenades which pretty much 1-shot me.
Second boss is even worse, as the only thing that makes it so you can hit her is electricity; turns out if you didn't know that before you went in to fight the boss, and didn't bring specific items or enhancements with you, you are pretty much screwed. After about 30 or so tries over the course of an hour, I simply gave up and went through the proceeding level from the beginning simply to grind more xp and items to try and take down the boss again.

I would be wondering how they managed to screw it up so incredibly badly if I didn't already know they outsourced the boss fights to a company whose CEO hadn't even heard of Deus Ex. I mean, I know every single review of the game gave it bad marks for the boss fights, but I didn't know it had been botched this badly. Rest of the game is good though. >_<

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

It would be possible if we all drink the same beer, had the same liquor and weren't at constant hangover.

FIXED

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It would be possible if we all drink the same beer, had the same liquor and weren't at constant hangover.

FIXED

Some clever people invented a pill that cures hangover. 1 step closer to Utopia then :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I guess what humanity needs is a common enemy to unite against. Once we were united, there would be no going back...

So, zombies or aliens, I'm ready when you are.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

Traditionally, it's aliens we should be routing for, zombies have always brought out the worst in humanity, since, when they're around, everyone wants to be in charge, and all of a sudden, you have people argue about basement versus 2nd floor, and it gets all messy from then on.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Goddamnit. It took me TEN hours to install Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood off of steam. Then, it lags like crazy and I end up quitting because holy dear mother of god the lag
it buuuurns
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Malthusian Hysteria Editi
« Reply #8184 on: January 01, 2012, 06:26:23 am »

My next to favourite internet place is getting invaded by bigots and bigoted trolls.
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I guess what humanity needs is a common enemy to unite against. Once we were united, there would be no going back...

So, zombies or aliens, I'm ready when you are.
Wait for a year. I'm still preparing.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Activision's application system. I forgot the password I set for my account last year, but it turns out their password recovery system is horribly broken.
1. Click 'forgot my password'
2. enter username and email address
3. receive email address with 'access code' and a link
4. linked page contains a 'username' and 'access code' text box
5. enter username and access code, message appears that 'The password you have entered is invalid. Please click the link "Forgot you password?" to have your password emailed to you.' oh and by the way, your account is now locked because your password recovery attempt failed
Turns out Taleo, the company responsible for this mess has an abysmal reputation for such things.

Worst part of all: they are used by enough companies that, from what I'm reading, 15% of US hires went through their system. >_<
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:05:15 pm by alway »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #8187 on: January 02, 2012, 01:20:26 pm »

Telling homeless people to get a job is like telling starving people to go eat.
Likewise, telling someone constantly threatened with homelessness for minor things like complaining about the most unimportant of issues because the people they live with see them as a combination of income and garbage to get a job when every goddamn job board has either nothing or stupid things like aeronautic engineers(how the fuck can there be so much demand for aeronautic engineers?!) is like telling starving people to go eat. But anyways...

Last Friday, I brought a bunch of mostly desserty stuff home from work. People kept taking stuff from the warehouse, leaving it in the minifridge, and just leaving it, and me and the manager were tired of it. So, rather than throw it all away, he gave it to me(overriding me slight objections). The look the boss gave as I was leaving made me think I might be fired. Anyhow, my mom and stepdad were contemplating cleaning out the fridge of useless clutter, and all of a sudden decide that it's my fault that it's been like that for so long because I brought the stuff home, that I'm too fat, probably diabetic, and don't want to deal with issues associated with diabetes, and the way they said it, they don't want to deal with the financial issues. And I could smell the beer on my mom's breath halfway across the room as she said it.

Now, I've somehow managed to give myself some nasty gashes on my forehead, and I don't remember feeling it as I did it.

And then I got a letter from DSS, saying that the forced-volunteer work I do was only supposed to be a year. I don't know what happens next, but chances are it's nothing good. And my mom said she 'accidentally' opened it. Not that I believed her for a second, since she also 'accidentally' read the whole thing.

Turns out Taleo, the company responsible for this mess has an abysmal reputation for such things.

Worst part of all: they are used by enough companies that, from what I'm reading, 15% of US hires went through their system. >_<
Yeah, a lot of companies I see seem to use Taleo. >_< indeed.
Hell, maybe I can design my own system for that stuff, make a shitton of money and not have to worry about the above shit. Database systems can't be all that hard, can they?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

So in Terraria, the Twins dropped 19 souls of sight. Every item you can make with souls of sight needs 20.

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

So in Terraria, the Twins dropped 19 souls of sight. Every item you can make with souls of sight needs 20.

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH
Hamdrax only needs 5.
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 3345