Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696634 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #8130 on: December 30, 2011, 08:36:41 pm »

Still shouldn't complain if a TV show doesn't represent your personal world-view instead of the official categorization.

I know you are making a joke on the highest level of irony, but fuck that sentiment makes me rage.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Fictious Lemonade Edition
« Reply #8131 on: December 30, 2011, 08:37:53 pm »

Exactly. Saying that they're not is like saying humans weren't aren't primates.

(of course the other primates probably would probably take that as a compliment)
Compulsive fixing go~!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: December 30, 2011, 08:38:59 pm »

I don't want to spam these topics with various stuff about my pony RPG, but releasing a demo has caused a whirlwind of emotions. Mostly anxiety.

Partially rage, from people like this:
I don't like much this project and it's creator because he has spent more time defending a flawled concept rather than polishing it (the fact that the game code had so many bugs means he didn't even bothered to test it before posting it) and because the first thing he did was request others to complete his game, when that should have been his last option.
Wrong on every count and won't shut up about it. I've done nothing but accept criticism graciously, admitting flaws when apparent, and telling absolutely no one that they "don't get it" or other bullshit anti criticism remarks that creators with their head up their ass use. A grand total of 2 bugs have been reported to me (with the latest demo and the one he saw; not the old one from earlier this week), so I don't know where he's coming from there. And finally, after 6 months of creating an engine, I dunno how asking for help could possibly be considered the first thing I did.

Oh well. At least half the pony community has come out of the woodwork to defend me. Seriously, I even got a project leader of a high profile pony game defending me from this dude.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: December 30, 2011, 08:41:03 pm »

Isn't it kinda the point of releasing a game early, for bug-tracking? (rhetorical question, do not answer).

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: December 30, 2011, 08:45:51 pm »

Well I'm trying to recruit artists too, which is what he's probably most pissy about.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: December 30, 2011, 08:48:13 pm »

What.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #8136 on: December 30, 2011, 08:53:57 pm »

What.
QFT

If someone is complaining about you "requesting others to complete your game" when you're trying to find people to augment areas where your skill is lacking in order to release a better game, then you're on the internet.

Also you should ignore them. As hard as you possibly can.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: December 30, 2011, 08:55:33 pm »

Indeed.

My theory is he's bitter about some previous failed project he was a part of, and taking it out on me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: December 30, 2011, 08:56:28 pm »

Could very well be.
What language are you coding in?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: December 30, 2011, 08:57:09 pm »

C++. Using SDL and OpenGL for graphics.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: December 30, 2011, 09:00:03 pm »

I see.
Well unless you are trained as a programmer, I would expect a few bugs to show their heads. Don't let it get you down, to have gotten to a stage where it is built up enough to be attacked you have done very well for yourself.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: December 30, 2011, 09:04:13 pm »

And if you are trained as a programmer, expect less bad but still buggy bugs anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: December 30, 2011, 09:07:19 pm »

Self taught. 2 bugs is shocking to me that it's that low, really.

Then again I did get a bunch of playtesters from here and elsewhere for my earlier demo, which had a mountain of bugs in it.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: December 31, 2011, 05:24:48 am »

The ponies.

They've invaded another forum I frequent. Now we have a pony megathread, and pony avatars, and fucking hell I can't go anywhere without seeing ponies. The only reason I put up with them here is because Bay12games has it's own style of Mafia, which I feel is the best style. Also, DF.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: December 31, 2011, 05:32:45 am »

I know what you mean. In some places they get waaay out of hand. Their 'Assimilate or disintegrate' attitude goes beyond aggressive, into offensive, and sometimes to insanity. They can't seem to understand that some people just do not like that show, and take it personally.

Here in bay12 though, I find there behaviour commendable. They aren't just constantly trying to get you to join their club, and calling you a 'hater' when you just don't enjoy their show. I have nothing against the bronies here, and find them to be pretty good people.
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 3345