Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696369 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6345 on: September 02, 2011, 08:20:23 pm »

I just walked a mile and a half through the hot sun with a MOTHERFUCKING BASS AMP because my roommate forgot to pick me up and I'm really fucking angry right now~ >:[
Not just forgot to pick me up, rather, she went swimming with her boyfriend or some shit~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: September 02, 2011, 08:22:45 pm »

Hide the amp under her bed and turn it on at 2 am.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: September 02, 2011, 08:29:02 pm »

I'm angry, not vindictive~
I don't believe in revenge~

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: September 02, 2011, 08:33:21 pm »

I'm angry, not vindictive~
I don't believe in revenge~
Not revenge, just a prank brought on by no reason at all >:D

Rage from me: http://manga.animea.net/the-cornered-mouse-dreams-of-cheese-chapter-4-page-21.html
A friend linked me this. Dunno about the SFW-ness of the rest of the manga, by the way.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: September 02, 2011, 08:41:54 pm »

Funny, that's exactly what I thought was the way it went. When I was 16, and also a complete asshat. Goddamn it, angsty teenager logic is not solid, people, and if you tell somebody to do the opposite of what you want them to do, you have nobody but yourself to blame when they comply out of respect for you.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: September 02, 2011, 10:25:48 pm »

Our Wi-Fi router is acting up. Again. This is our second goddamn router. And the second time this one has screwed up. And (get this) the only one in the house who actually knows how to make the thing work again is out of town for the weekend!

Doesn't really affect me, I've got the hardwire, but my brother apparently had a raid on WoW tonight.

And he's forced to miss it.

I feel sorry for the guy, even if I don't like WoW.

But it begs the question: Why is it so unstable? Our last one was like this and we had to swap it out, but I doubt my parents want to do that again.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: September 03, 2011, 06:41:09 am »

I've seen people get supplied some routers in pretty bad shape by their ISP/cable companies.  It seems like they do the same thing with those that they do with the boxes themselves, just pass around a bunch of used ones until they finally give up the ghost on whoever happened to have it at the time and have to wait for a couple days without for a tech to come by with a replacement.

Sounds like you bought your own though.  So I dunno.  Maybe it got all dusty and overheated, maybe it went to long without updating it's firmware, maybe that particular space is the home of a evil router hating ghost, could be any number of things I figure.  I always hated troubleshooting routers.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: September 03, 2011, 06:50:46 am »

I am watching the CNN show about IFB churches. On the plus side, its good to see this shit getting publicized. On the other hand, it is bringing up shit from my childhood.

IFB? What are/is they/that?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #6353 on: September 03, 2011, 09:32:50 am »

I am watching the CNN show about IFB churches. On the plus side, its good to see this shit getting publicized. On the other hand, it is bringing up shit from my childhood.

IFB? What are/is they/that?

Independent Fundamentalist Baptist
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: September 03, 2011, 10:54:53 am »

According to my mom, it is now "my turn" to make pancakes today.  No, I'm not making any freaken' pancakes.  I never wanted to do it, I never volunteered to do it.  If she wants pancakes, she can do that adult thing and make them herself.  I don't care if it's suddenly a tradition for our family to make pancakes.  I was never let in on the decision, I never had a say in whether this should be done, so I'm not doing it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: September 03, 2011, 11:29:29 am »

Meh. I'd do it just to avoid wrath, myself.

Unless these sort of requests are an all day every day type thing, then yeah.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: September 03, 2011, 12:11:25 pm »

Yeah this is something she does often <_<  Now if she'd said "I'm really craving pancakes this morning, hey let's make them together and chat a bit" I'd be ok with that.  None of this backwards, guilt tripping thing she does.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: September 03, 2011, 01:07:09 pm »

Really feel like punching a few people. First of all, my warehouse manager. Thursday, we were handing out food, and I was on the back of the truck unloading. He asks me to bring out... and just stops there pointing in some general direction. So I point to something that was somewhat close to where he was pointing and ask if it's what he wanted. He says to me "No! You're going to bring out what I tell you to bring out!". The thing he wanted was directly behind what I pointed out.

Then there's this annoying guy at work. He's always goofing off, running his mouth, or playing around. He's barely intelligent enough to read, but everyone made such a big deal of his first day of college this week(which I'm surprised that he even made it to college). And you know what really burns me? He gets paid for it. He barely does his work, and yet, he actually gets paid for the crap he pulls. Meanwhile, I get worked like a dog until I nearly pass out at the end of the day.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: September 03, 2011, 03:18:35 pm »

Reading your work stories is always so bizarre for me. I was "forcibly volunteered" to work at a Food Bank down South by my dad, who isn't a religious nut or anything, he's just got a protestant work ethic.

Same stuff generally. Warehousing donated stuff, soda palettes, handing out boxes of food and taking food stamps. People coming in all the time, some getting paid, some doing community service. Different people treating the job with unequal amounts of respect.

The major difference though, everyone I knew at the top was pretty much super cool. The dude "in-charge" of handing out food boxes even used to hook me up with smokes, for which I was damn grateful. It sucks because looking back, I got a lot of personal satisfaction out of that job eventually (even when you know you're just giving a meth head stuff to trade for meth), to the point where I wanted to go every day even though I wasn't getting paid. I learned a lot about humility through that job and I'm not even religious.

Sorry if it seems like I'm rubbing it in or something. It just sucks that what could actually be a good experience has pretty much been fucked up completely by the people around you.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: September 03, 2011, 03:28:52 pm »

My brother works volunteers at a food bank down here too.

Someone wanted to donate a can of coffee. That's acceptable.

Except when the can is open.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 3345