Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695788 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: THIS. IS. RAGE! Edition
« Reply #6360 on: September 03, 2011, 04:11:25 pm »

The Credit Union that recently bought out my small-time local Credit Union continues to piss me off... I was all psyched about going on a proper grocery trip this weekend, but they changed their weekend hours, and won't be open again until next Tuesday. Curse you, big business!

I was able to scrape together enough plastic and glass bottles to do a little one today though, as a matter of principal. I am currently soothing my rage with the best PB&J sandwich that I've had in a long time... black cherry preserves, actual ground peanuts, and slices of whole-wheat bread. Bless you, big business.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: September 03, 2011, 04:25:11 pm »

Oh sweet science, black cherries. Something is seriously wrong with the world that the Black Cherry Tree is 90% fatally toxic and 10% irresistible fruit.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: September 04, 2011, 05:11:57 pm »

Today, I get to help pick apples from the tree in the yard.  The tree that was planted on a downhill slope.  That one tree mom planted raspberry bushes on the uphill side of, so the spot that should be easiest to pick apples is just as difficult as any other side.  And my dad waited to tell me to pick them until the sun was at just the right angle to blind anyone who tries to pick any.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: September 05, 2011, 12:18:13 pm »

I just remembered why my HellMOO account was scrambled (I wasn't banned, I just fucked up my wording). I asked Gilmore why DrPoo was banned and he said something along the lines of "LOL U CAN GET OUT 2!" and scrambled my account. What a fucking tosser.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: September 05, 2011, 01:19:36 pm »

According to my mom, it is now "my turn" to make pancakes today.  No, I'm not making any freaken' pancakes.  I never wanted to do it, I never volunteered to do it.  If she wants pancakes, she can do that adult thing and make them herself.  I don't care if it's suddenly a tradition for our family to make pancakes.  I was never let in on the decision, I never had a say in whether this should be done, so I'm not doing it.

... Are you serious? You're mad because your mom is having you perform a simple task? That's kind of what parents do. You're living in her house; deal with having to actually perform a small chore every now and then.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: September 05, 2011, 02:32:13 pm »

According to my mom, it is now "my turn" to make pancakes today.  No, I'm not making any freaken' pancakes.  I never wanted to do it, I never volunteered to do it.  If she wants pancakes, she can do that adult thing and make them herself.  I don't care if it's suddenly a tradition for our family to make pancakes.  I was never let in on the decision, I never had a say in whether this should be done, so I'm not doing it.

... Are you serious? You're mad because your mom is having you perform a simple task? That's kind of what parents do. You're living in her house; deal with having to actually perform a small chore every now and then.

I can easily see how he is serious. My parents were, for a while, filled with a passive aggressive resentment towards myself and my siblings. One of the ways it was expressed was this sort of.. favor-sniping stuff. It can be very frustrating to have someone keep a running tally of every little deed they've done for you, and even more so if you don't want them to do any of the stuff they do.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: September 05, 2011, 02:35:36 pm »

The anger is not about being asked to do the task, it's about the lack of regard for his own preferences. Like he said, if she'd asked, that'd be fine, but being told to and then told that he's obligated to because it's family tradition (suddenly) is quite another thing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: September 05, 2011, 02:59:38 pm »

Boss said that working today (Labor day holiday for those of you outside the states) would mean that I could avoid the mandatory overtime that is thrown around at random lately.  I was looking forward to having a full weekend and being able to get home before 6 for the first time in a month.

I came in and worked 4 of the hours so far and was told by another supervisor that that is definitely not the case, and that I am still required to work the mandatory overtime on top of what I volunteered to work today.  Working today just gives me some extra straight time, and makes the mandatory overtime actually pay overtime instead or straight time.

I asked another (my own boss conveniently decided not to show) and they confirmed it.

Probably not as rage worthy as some other posts but damn if that didn't make me rage pretty hard at the time.  I still had to work two more hours afterwards, because that was the time I had said I would be there, and I couldn't just up and skedaddle.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: September 05, 2011, 03:01:19 pm »

The anger is not about being asked to do the task, it's about the lack of regard for his own preferences. Like he said, if she'd asked, that'd be fine, but being told to and then told that he's obligated to because it's family tradition (suddenly) is quite another thing.

You're assuming a lot of things there. From what he actually said, the reason he's pissed off about it is because it wasn't his decision to make them. "I never had a say in whether this should be done, so I'm not doing it" is a completely ridiculous line of reasoning here. He's a frigging adult living with his mother, so simple chores are the least he could do, and he shouldn't be complaining because he's asked to do one that wasn't his decision to do.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: September 05, 2011, 03:04:48 pm »

I'd like to see my Grandmother tell my Mom to wash the dishes.  :P

OR YOU'RE GROUNDED MOTHER

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: September 05, 2011, 03:05:32 pm »

Were you reading any of the stuff after the pancake post, G-Flex? He says two posts later that this was a weird kind of guilt-tripping thing that happens frequently, not just asking if he could make pancakes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: September 05, 2011, 03:10:18 pm »

Were you reading any of the stuff after the pancake post, G-Flex? He says two posts later that this was a weird kind of guilt-tripping thing that happens frequently, not just asking if he could make pancakes.

I did, but do you expect me to take it at face value? He's even complained about his mother asking him to open a door while she was carrying something before. I'm sorry if I don't immediately believe his stated rationalization of his thought processes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: September 05, 2011, 04:00:32 pm »

I did, but do you expect me to take it at face value? He's even complained about his mother asking him to open a door while she was carrying something before. I'm sorry if I don't immediately believe his stated rationalization of his thought processes.

I'm willing to take his word over yours, though.

EDIT: To expand on that, his two posts on the matter have been consistent. "I had no say in it" is a reasonable oversimplification of "She's trying to manipulate me" for somebody who's currently raging to make, and I think you're reading pettiness into it that might not be deserved, and then attacking that. Considering this is a thread for venting, I think it's kind of a dick move to do that.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:06:21 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: September 05, 2011, 04:21:27 pm »

By posting it in a thread it's a topic for debate, by virtue of making it public. Venting thread or no, it's unreasonable to say people can't comment on what's posted here. (This is different than my rule about singling out forum members while raging. This has to do with the actual content of his post, on topic.)

Having said that though, G-flex, you do tend to roll up on people's comments this way. You're entitled to do it, but it would nice if you'd be less aggressive about it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: September 05, 2011, 04:22:49 pm »

I'm willing to take his word over yours, though.

EDIT: To expand on that, his two posts on the matter have been consistent. "I had no say in it" is a reasonable oversimplification of "She's trying to manipulate me" for somebody who's currently raging to make, and I think you're reading pettiness into it that might not be deserved, and then attacking that. Considering this is a thread for venting, I think it's kind of a dick move to do that.

I agree. You are taking everything he says literally, which is not really good when people rage and oversimplify things.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 3345