Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699929 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Something needs to be done about the US Congress. Nobody likes them, and apparently they hate the people that voted them in.
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty. The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the ammo box.
I have for too long neglected the 1st, and the 2nd and 3rd have failed us.
So, I have taken to standing on my soap box and speak out about the corruption and traitorous actions I see by those who are supposed to be leading us.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One of the traffic lights near a busy intersection went out for some reason, and the city responded by placing traffic cones in a seemingly random arrangement rather than fix it, thinking that it'd probably be alright. Within a 10-second span, there was almost two car accidents right in front of me, involving different cars.

Oh, and I had to cross that intersection. It was like having those Frogger nightmares again.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Debt crisis.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It pisses me off that the government will not just do its job or is too incompetent to do so. They are paid pretty well for sucking at what they do >:(.
My personality profile.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

No, they're paid to do what they do best:

They're paid to lie!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

No, they're paid to do what they do best:

They're paid to lie!
No, they're just paid. Then they lie about it anyway and generally make a mess of everything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Last time I checked, Congress's approval rating was 15%. That's lower than Bush's approval at its lowest.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Last time I checked, Congress's approval rating was 15%. That's lower than Bush's approval at its lowest.
At this point, I think it's probably safe to say it's even lower than 15%.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!

I am not surprised.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

At this point, I'm expecting the dead to rise JUST to express their disapproval of Congress, thus pushing their approval into negative territory.

Actually, I'd pay to see the "Founding Fathers" rise up, slaughter our current government, then rule over us as an enlightened zombie oligarchy. Quick, somebody find a mad scientist in the Northern VA area!

EDIT: According to the latest poll aggregates I can find, Congressional approval is at around 18% +/-2, while Obama is around 43 +/-3.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 03:41:29 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will be smiling a shark smile when those bastards get kicked out of office.

Actually, I'd pay to see the "Founding Fathers" rise up, slaughter our current government, then rule over us as an enlightened zombie oligarchy. Quick, somebody find a mad scientist in the Northern VA area!

Provided that their points of view changed with the common era, I would go for it.

Otherwise, I think I would kind of miss the ability to vote.  And be educated.  And do stuff other than have babies.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!

Provided that their points of view changed with the common era, I would go for it.

Otherwise, I think I would kind of miss the ability to vote.  And be educated.  And do stuff other than have babies.

Wouldn't that depend upon which one would have the most to say?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only person I would possibly trust to do the right thing with respect to women's rights would be John Adams.

And that's only because of his wife.  "Remember the ladies, John!"  Yes, please do.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Wouldn't that depend upon which one would have the most to say?

Okay, so we make sure to blow off Jefferson's lower jaw and break his writing fingers. Hopefully there's enough of John Adams left to animate. Maybe we can finally implement his idea of a tricameral Congress, with the House, the Senate and an appointed chamber of the brightest minds from academic fields to inject educated opinion into the debates. We could call the third one the House of Braaaaaaiiins.

Hmm....we should probably make that one off limit to our new zombie overlords.

EDIT: Ninja'd on the John Adams-love.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!

Hmm, a thread discussing alternate government ideas forms might be educating. Invent the new communism for cereals.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 3345