Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703143 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2910 on: April 19, 2011, 07:54:02 pm »

Also, somehow I expected raging at my posts yet I'm ignored. Funny that.

*shrug*

It's not like I disagree with you or something.  I have a serious thing for older men, which also counts as a paraphilia or whatever.  I also have an ideal of "taming" someone--not someone ragey and inappropriate, but taming in terms of "apprivoiser," from The Little Prince.  I guess the difference is that I don't want to do all the dominant work, and I don't want the guy to do all the work of dominating and being STRONG, either.  I'll be happier if I can switch off.

I absolutely don't have a problem with people who want that kind of relationships.  But some of them seem to imply that all women require this kind of treatment, and that your relationship will never work if the man doesn't turn the woman into a simpering wreck.  I mean, there's this kind of thing, for instance:
For one thing, it gets the “he hit me” out of the way in a sane and safe fashion. It also sends a signal that, whatever professors told her in women's studies, she can be spanked and getting spanked is not a traumatizing experience that will ruin the rest of her life.

If the man is thorough in his task, he gets to see what a real witch the love of his life can be – and it gets that out of the way as well.

That part is the part that I disagree with on political principle.  The rest of it is okay, if you already know and have agreed that what you both want is a 1950s household.  I agree that the universality is annoying, though I think that's averted by going to the front page, reading through the comments a little from time to time, etc., etc.  That's the impression I got the first time I visited the site, in any case.

That is pretty easy to miss and I guess puts it right back to normal for me. Though some of the articles are a bit... As leafsnail said making it seem like this is the ONLY way to go which might lead some people stumbling on this deciding this is how relationships work all the time.

Yeah, I think it's definitely one of those sites I put in the "okay, but not my cup of tea and pretty easy to misunderstand if you aren't really trying to figure out what's going on" list.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2911 on: April 19, 2011, 07:57:47 pm »

And on the "Beloved pet" thing... Ill... Actually say that's something I enjoy. Most people I live with know that and pet me instead of giving me hugs unless I ask for one or just look like I need one.
Hey, nothing wrong with that. We all have our specific ways we like to be shown affection.

But yeah, I just think the site could have done a better job at making it clear that they're addressing a specific subset. Because even though I know it is sometimes when I'm reading I get the distinct impression that it isn't.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: April 19, 2011, 08:04:18 pm »

And on the "Beloved pet" thing... Ill... Actually say that's something I enjoy. Most people I live with know that and pet me instead of giving me hugs unless I ask for one or just look like I need one.
Well.. Hugs are far from the only way to show.affection, after all.. I don't even know why it would be considered 'standard' (or whatever one might call it). However, while I can't say for certain as I am not you, I do kind of get the feeling you are talking about different things. Liking being petted doesn't really feel the same as liking being treated as a lesser being, which is what they seem to be talking about.

Of course, I'm not you, so I don't want to sound certain ot judgemental in any way.. I might have misunderstood what you meant, after all.
Love, scriver~

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: April 19, 2011, 08:28:58 pm »

Perhaps we need a thread for it.  It seems to be an issue that keeps coming up, and one we're capable of discussing quite maturely.

I guess it's partly because of seeing all those articles about victims of domestic abuse.  In those, the victims often express that they felt unable to run away or go to the police because their partner had cowed them into submission, using tactics like those described in the article.  It seems like a great way to break somone's spirit and bring them under unconsensual control if applied incorrectly (and many of the articles seem to be very murky in terms of who it applies to).

On a personal level, I also don't like the idea that a woman needs to be disciplined by her husband (although this is again separate from personal fetishes and preferences etc).  It seems to suggest that the woman is on a lower level, the level of a child in the household.  If someone asked me to subjugate them in this way, I'd have to politely refuse (or forcefully tell them that I would not be applying any dominance in the relationship, I guess).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: April 19, 2011, 08:30:58 pm »

This is the strangest tangent I've ever seen in a thread based on angry feelings. But it makes sense in context, and like Leafsnail said, we've handled it quite well so far.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: April 19, 2011, 08:33:01 pm »

Some kid I loathe just claimed that marijuana was no more a drug than dandelions. He says this after asking why people do drugs and being arrested for smoking pot. A real genius, eh?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: April 19, 2011, 09:49:27 pm »

Argh!

Splinters in my foot! What's even worse is the pure, distilled rage I felt when I pulled one out.

AM don't got shit on my loathing for wood right now.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: April 19, 2011, 09:54:21 pm »

Some kid I loathe just claimed that marijuana was no more a drug than dandelions. He says this after asking why people do drugs and being arrested for smoking pot. A real genius, eh?

Gotta get me some of his dandelions.

I should've gone to sleep hours ago. Feeling annoyed with myself for staying up 'til 4 in the morning yet again.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: April 19, 2011, 10:25:03 pm »

Argh!

Splinters in my foot! What's even worse is the pure, distilled rage I felt when I pulled one out.

AM don't got shit on my loathing for wood right now.

I got a splinter in my butt. I was running around shouting as people laughed at me.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: April 20, 2011, 12:53:26 am »

Parts of my matress are shredded from wooden spikes on my bed.

I can't sleep on one side because I get stabbed by springs.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2920 on: April 20, 2011, 12:59:19 am »

Parts of my matress are shredded from wooden spikes on my bed.

I can't sleep on one side because I get stabbed by springs.

You should either stop dating vampires or find a better way to break up with them.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: April 20, 2011, 01:46:46 am »

My brother took all my sweets and then claims he didn't even know where they were.

EVEN THOUGH HE TOLD ME SO YESTERDAY!

That kid deserves a beating.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: April 20, 2011, 01:48:57 am »

The fact that later on today Darvi is going to be arrested for child abuse, despite being perfectly justified, makes me rage.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: April 20, 2011, 01:50:39 am »

My brother took all my sweets and then claims he didn't even know where they were.

EVEN THOUGH HE TOLD ME SO YESTERDAY!

That kid deserves a beating.
Remember Darvi, shallow grave in the forest.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: April 20, 2011, 02:39:15 am »

The fact that later on today Darvi is going to be arrested for child abuse, despite being perfectly justified, makes me rage.
Pfff, you underestimate me.

I'm totally content to laugh at the guy when he finally gets arrested for vandalism or something.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 3345