Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702656 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2895 on: April 19, 2011, 07:03:14 pm »

But the man she married kindly, calmly, firmly, submitted her.
Someone needs to work on their verbs, it seems.  This just creates the image of some kind of contest.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: April 19, 2011, 07:15:30 pm »

I dunno.  I'd probably attempt to beat the shit out of any guy who did this stuff.

But that's just me.  The site makes me feel kind of internally ill, but that's partially due to past experiences as someone who doesn't want to be dominated.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: April 19, 2011, 07:19:51 pm »

Heh, I know where you're coming from there
*Hugs*

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: April 19, 2011, 07:21:29 pm »

Wouldn't that kind of thing fall under abuse?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: April 19, 2011, 07:21:41 pm »

It's like a guide to how to trap and abuse someone.
It's enough to hit the wall in the general vicinity; the point is to impress and frighten her, not to terrify her so badly that she wants to flee for her life.
This strikes me as especially awful.  I guess a relationship based on mutual affection is out of the question...?

What I find odd is how all these articles are supposedly written by women.  I understand they probably aren't, but I'm not sure why the people writing them would pretend to be.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2900 on: April 19, 2011, 07:21:52 pm »

I dunno.  I'd probably attempt to beat the shit out of any guy who did this stuff.

But that's just me.  The site makes me feel kind of internally ill, but that's partially due to past experiences as someone who doesn't want to be dominated.

But it's not completely untrue, the human mind haven't evolved since the stone age, we're not build for the society we have made.

But it's more like a kink, some women will love what you can read on that site, some will despise it and want to stomp on people, personally I can relate to the feeling of wanting to find a girl/boyfriend and then "tame" her/him, though minus the violence and spanking stuff o_O.

I am of a strong belief of the human being a beast pretending to be more than it is. We're lambs in wolfs clothing.

I'd recommend watching Lindybeige on youtubes Stoneage ehh.. I'll just go find the link..
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:27:30 pm by Nine »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: April 19, 2011, 07:22:27 pm »

I personally enjoy both sides of the dominance/submission bit of relationships, but this all still comes off as just not right. It's one thing to be into it and another to think it's what you simply have to do.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2902 on: April 19, 2011, 07:27:18 pm »

yes.

It's enough to hit the wall in the general vicinity; the point is to impress and frighten her, not to terrify her so badly that she wants to flee for her life.
This strikes me as especially awful.  I guess a relationship based on mutual affection is out of the question...?

What I find odd is how all these articles are supposedly written by women.  I understand they probably aren't, but I'm not sure why the people writing them would pretend to be.

I won't even try to look at this site right now as I am staying late at work.

But most likely this stuff isn't written by or for the women, it is by and for guys who fantasize about taking dominance games "to the next level" and fetishize (sp?) actual abuse.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2903 on: April 19, 2011, 07:28:47 pm »

yes.

I won't even try to look at this site right now as I am staying late at work.

But most likely this stuff isn't written by or for the women, it is by and for guys who fantasize about taking dominance games "to the next level" and fetishize (sp?) actual abuse.

I'm guessing you don't visit the actually nasty sites out there, but that could easily be written by a woman and women enjoy these games(Edit: Games is a bad word as it sometimes spill into their everyday life.) too, as do guys in the submissive roles with women as the dominants.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2904 on: April 19, 2011, 07:29:42 pm »

I personally enjoy both sides of the dominance/submission bit of relationships, but this all still comes off as just not right. It's one thing to be into it and another to think it's what you simply have to do.
Yeah, if that's the kind of relationship people want to be in, well more power to them I guess. It's definitely not something I would want but I'm not going to tell people how to live their lives. It's all the generalizations that make me rage because there are definitely people who don't want that type of relationship.

Also, comparing women to dogs. That was pretty much just straight up offensive.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: April 19, 2011, 07:33:04 pm »

No, I will say very adamantly that if the lady wants to be scared and the dude obliges her, and both enjoy it, then they should be allowed to do whatever they want.

This article makes it seem a little bit less creepy in general.

Yeah, I could see enjoying it with the right person.  Preferably after a longish time together.  I get really tired of making decisions, and sometimes I just want someone else to do it for me (while keeping what I want in mind).  I know that sounds ridiculous, but that's how it is.

On the other hand, there are still parts of this that would lead me to try to claw the other person's eyes out if they went for it, so... eh.  Different strokes for different folks.

Also, comparing women to dogs. That was pretty much just straight up offensive.

I imagine that to some women, it's titillating.  Because they aren't being treated like dogs by the entire society, they're being treated as some man's beloved pet--which is what they want, for whatever reason.  I think some of the "issues" with a lot of those articles is that they're being written to titillate and arouse the target audience, and the writers again and again say that they're speaking to a very specific subset of the population.  I.e. the people that enjoy that sort of thing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2906 on: April 19, 2011, 07:36:01 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNcHgMw4nvo&feature=channel_video_title

There, Made for the Stoneage

Also, somehow I expected raging at my posts yet I'm ignored. Funny that.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: April 19, 2011, 07:37:25 pm »

Ah, Makes a lot more sense with the context. Thanks for clarifing that Vector.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: April 19, 2011, 07:38:04 pm »

I absolutely don't have a problem with people who want that kind of relationships.  But some of them seem to imply that all women require this kind of treatment, and that your relationship will never work if the man doesn't turn the woman into a simpering wreck.  I mean, there's this kind of thing, for instance:
For one thing, it gets the “he hit me” out of the way in a sane and safe fashion. It also sends a signal that, whatever professors told her in women's studies, she can be spanked and getting spanked is not a traumatizing experience that will ruin the rest of her life.

If the man is thorough in his task, he gets to see what a real witch the love of his life can be – and it gets that out of the way as well.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: April 19, 2011, 07:41:08 pm »

That is pretty easy to miss and I guess puts it right back to normal for me. Though some of the articles are a bit... As leafsnail said making it seem like this is the ONLY way to go which might lead some people stumbling on this deciding this is how relationships work all the time.

And on the "Beloved pet" thing... Ill... Actually say that's something I enjoy. Most people I live with know that and pet me instead of giving me hugs unless I ask for one or just look like I need one.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 3345