Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689250 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #180 on: September 08, 2010, 11:04:45 am »

*I* would let people pay to have me bring him to them so they could punch him in the face. Cheap! For extra irony.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2010, 04:26:42 pm »

How HP manages to stay afloat is beyond me. They must be bankrolled by Satan.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 09, 2010, 07:04:00 am »

HP ARE Satan. Who else would be evil enough to make such shitty products?

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2010, 02:39:49 am »

Bump.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2010, 02:47:52 am »

Trying to eat beef hotdogs (The kind with like really thick skins that we got when we had a steer butchered awhile back) with false teeth that I'm not even proficient at eating easier foods with.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:52:24 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2010, 09:15:25 am »

This. AGAIN.  >:(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2010, 10:59:53 am »

I just read the latest post on Notch's blog and then all the comments justifying piracy. All I see is a load of kids who have such a sense of self-entitlement that they don't see piracy as a simple refusal to pay for a product. It makes me pretty angry, to be honest, especially if you think about the effects of pirating music making it harder for small, less mainstream artists to actually get a toehold in the industry.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2010, 11:02:10 am »

But Capitalism is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil. Pirates are striking a blow for a free world!

Yeah, teenagers. They tend to be full of shit about things like this. Give them a few years, hopefully they'll rethink their woefully underthought opinions.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2010, 11:07:33 am »

Notch is simply bringing up the issue of using our current economic model in a world where free copies can be made of a product with no direct loss in sales to the original creator. He isn't supporting piracy, but he does acknowledge the presence of this system that cannot be removed. And as always with that community, the people take it and turn it to shit. It's like the Midas Touch of crap.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2010, 11:16:06 am »

I admit that Notch's points are pretty good, it's just the GOD-AWFUL COMMUNITY. I actually don't know why I visit that forum at all. Possibly it's a kind of masochistic ritual of getting really pissed off when I read every second thread.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2010, 02:20:52 pm »

Harry Potter isn't that shitty, come on now.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2010, 02:26:06 pm »

They make quite good brown sauce, though.

I just read the latest post on Notch's blog and then all the comments justifying piracy. All I see is a load of kids who have such a sense of self-entitlement that they don't see piracy as a simple refusal to pay for a product. It makes me pretty angry, to be honest, especially if you think about the effects of pirating music making it harder for small, less mainstream artists to actually get a toehold in the industry.
I'd probably disagree with the second one.  Smaller, less mainstream artists probably don't have a record deal in the first place, and distribution via internet could allow them to be spotted and made popular.  Then again, we might have different definitions of "small" here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2010, 02:57:19 pm »

I'd probably disagree with the second one.  Smaller, less mainstream artists probably don't have a record deal in the first place, and distribution via internet could allow them to be spotted and made popular.  Then again, we might have different definitions of "small" here.
Distribution via Internet does not equal piracy. The effect would be the same if people bothered to pay for their work. They'd even get enough money to, say, go half-time, or even no-time, and spend more-time working on their music.
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2010, 03:38:02 pm »

As an econ professor of mine used to say, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Even if data can be duplicated without "cost", there are "costs." Someone has to pay for the bandwidth. The PC that does the copying. The internet that provides the transfer. You can argue there's no additional cost to the company from which you copy, but there ARE costs involved. You cannot talk piracy without acknowledging that, somewhere along the line, SOMETHING has to be paid for.

And since teenagers don't pay for their own PCs or their own bills, they're basically the top parasite of the system.

I won't cry for the lost dollars of most game developers....but pirates arguing what they do costs no one nothing is totally short sighted, and untrue.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2010, 03:41:45 pm »

It would help even the internet piracy debate out if the RIAA didn't act so sociopathic towards everyone and anyone if they even suspect you've pirated a piece of software. If the RIAA didn't act so crazed, then my money is that the pirates wouldn't react as strongly in responce, and end up with the self-sustaining position that they wouldn't hold otherwise.

EDIT: And other anti-piracy groups, obviously. Not sure why I suddenly thought the RIAA was the only one.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:45:25 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 3345