Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3706899 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3345 on: May 04, 2011, 09:33:43 pm »

I actually really liked Crysis.  I was surprised, because I expected crap from it.  Just needed better writers, maybe some work on the level design, and tightening up some of the interactions.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: May 04, 2011, 10:08:13 pm »

The aliens were half cool and half stupid.  The first alien area is actually pretty neat.  There's no gravity so you just float around through this really visually stunning ... thing.  Like, technorganic or organotronic, or something.

Fighting the aliens isn't as much fun as fighting the Koreans though.  The part with the Koreans is a lot of fun if you're good.  It's like you're the Predator or something.  You kill two or three, they panic, a few seconds later they just manage to get their bearings and you're shooting at them from somewhere else.
Shoes...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: May 04, 2011, 10:16:17 pm »

Yeah... the gameplay differences between fighting Koreans and fighting aliens were kind of interesting.  It started out as a more modern tactical shooter and then switched over to an older/more arcadey, almost quake-like style where everything relies more on reflexes and massive firepower.

The aliens were creative enough.  They pulled off some great cinematography with them.  I actually thought this was the game's strongest point.  They did amazing incorporation of cinematography into gameplay, and actually outdid Valve at times on this point.  But I definitely didn't like the effect they had on gameplay.  It was too much of a shock transition and your character didn't feel like he was built for the other gameplay style.  While from an artistic standpoint that's actually freaking fantastic, it just wasn't fun.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: May 05, 2011, 01:05:59 am »

Wait.. so he claims even GREENLAND could originally be Turkish?
And the Greenlandic Language based off Turkish? 
That's a load of male bovine excrement.
Could be? He knows they are. ::)

251-175 passed in the House.

Fuck.
I'm just hoping that this mess with Osama buys Obama enough reputation that he feels he can vote it down and still get reelected.

Because if we end up with a GoP president again in the near future, I'm honestly scared with what the party's doing right now.  Conservatives in general... eh, I don't think they're all rats, certainly.  There's been some really nice ones on these boards.  But the face of the GoP is currently just too fucking crazy for me to be happy about.
Not a great way to start my day, this. Wtf people?

At least, if the GoP wins, you have some more incentive to move to France or whereever. I mean, while we have the same social structures over here too, at least were not trying to regres
Love, scriver~

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #3349 on: May 05, 2011, 03:21:56 am »

251-175 passed in the House.

Fuck.
For those of us who don't know what's being put into US law all the time, what's the bad part?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: May 05, 2011, 05:57:51 am »

Essentially, they want to derapify non-violent rape for purposes of abortion. That is, they don't want the state to pay for abortions, buy make exceptions when it comes to rape, incest, or endangering the mother's life. The point of the bill is to limit what kinds of rape counts as rape for this purpose.

I might've misunderstood it this morning, though, I got the impression that they were changing the juridical definition of the term, but I don't think that's it anymore - I believe it only has to do with the abortion programme. At least I hope I misunderstood it (the reason I don't check this out right away is simply that I'm on my phone, if anyone wondered).
Love, scriver~

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: May 05, 2011, 11:06:40 am »

I might've misunderstood it this morning, though, I got the impression that they were changing the juridical definition of the term, but I don't think that's it anymore - I believe it only has to do with the abortion programme. At least I hope I misunderstood it (the reason I don't check this out right away is simply that I'm on my phone, if anyone wondered).
That seems to be the case, but it still seems to send out a pretty clear message that they don't think rape counts as rape unless it's forcible.  Y'know, in the same way that poisoning someone or killing them in their sleep isn't really murder.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: May 05, 2011, 12:04:31 pm »

You may find this interesting.

Also, more on rape.  This is fucking disgusting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #3354 on: May 05, 2011, 12:05:36 pm »

So it's batshit, stupid and should never be put into law?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3355 on: May 05, 2011, 12:13:59 pm »

Would you expect anything less of the tea party?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: May 05, 2011, 12:21:11 pm »

Would you expect anything less of the tea party?

A lot of democrats voted yes; every republican in the house voted yes.  This is not about partisanship.  This is about a culture where this is even marginally okay.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: May 05, 2011, 12:26:28 pm »

I'll admit, sometimes I don't get the meaning about something, but I get the meaning of this perfectly. Its an injustice, and even I see the problems with it. Its worrying, and sick.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: May 05, 2011, 12:28:11 pm »

Can't... stop... headdesking.

So, does the employment of drugs make it not count as forcible? Bear in mind, alcohol's a great one for this sort of thing.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: May 05, 2011, 12:28:58 pm »

As does being threatened with death if you don't consent, yes.  As in being raped with a gun to your head.

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 3345