Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705948 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3330 on: May 04, 2011, 07:31:33 pm »

He sounds like a coworker of mine that was recently fired.  Does he look like he is in his 40's, and does he have messy curly blond hair and a distinctive gait?
Now that you mention it...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: May 04, 2011, 07:40:41 pm »

It's not much for me to rage about but..

Battle Slots, I.. Hate.. The.. RNG in that game.. Got nothing but bad.. reels.. GRRRAAAAAH! Why won't you just die boarman!  :(

Better play some other game to cool myself down..

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3332 on: May 04, 2011, 07:51:58 pm »

Oh no, this is no simple a Greek vs Turk thing, this is a guy claiming that there was a Turk empire spanning the whole world in 12.000 bc, and that there was no civilization anywhere until the Turks brought it to "the cannibals" (yet at the same time everybody was already Turks and the Turks was defending the other Turks (who was the same Turks) from "the cannibals" who somehow was not Turk in spite of everybody being Turk!), that all languages are based on Turkish, that the whole known history (and especially Christianity, Islam and Judaism) is a cover up by Constantine the Great and Christian latin priests who wanted to steal power from the Turk (again, despite being Turkish themselves as Everyone Is Turks) and that all evidence found supporting it is fake to supress the Turth and because of Euro-centrism. Especially everything to do with Indo-European shit and especially the PIE language (as all languagea are Turkish), which in addition the the rest also is being clinged to (despite the overwhelming evidence of his favourite Turk supremacist "scientists") so that Europeans can call themselves "Aryans" and be genetically superior to all other people. Because apparently, we're still stuck in the early 20th century.
And that is just the fucking start of it.

Of course, he still claims the usual bullshit about Anatolia always having been Turkish and that Mu was actually Turkish and such as well, but yeah, his delusions goes way beyond your everyday Nationalist.

Also, having calmed down a little, I realise that I might have been slightly too innuendoattive above. I was referencing this guy's poles, not any imaginable pole I may or may not be in possession of myself. :P

edit: I'm not certain, but I believe it's Mu, not Wu.

I know the feeling, I've had the disfortune to write with a finnish version of this, though his focus was more "Scandinavian culture and language does not exist and scandinavian people are finnish genes like everyone else on world, finns fuck everyone and rule the world!"

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: May 04, 2011, 08:31:22 pm »

Oh no, this is no simple a Greek vs Turk thing, this is a guy claiming that there was a Turk empire spanning the whole world in 12.000 bc, and that there was no civilization anywhere until the Turks brought it to "the cannibals" (yet at the same time everybody was already Turks and the Turks was defending the other Turks (who was the same Turks) from "the cannibals" who somehow was not Turk in spite of everybody being Turk!), that all languages are based on Turkish, that the whole known history (and especially Christianity, Islam and Judaism) is a cover up by Constantine the Great and Christian latin priests who wanted to steal power from the Turk (again, despite being Turkish themselves as Everyone Is Turks) and that all evidence found supporting it is fake to supress the Turth and because of Euro-centrism. Especially everything to do with Indo-European shit and especially the PIE language (as all languagea are Turkish), which in addition the the rest also is being clinged to (despite the overwhelming evidence of his favourite Turk supremacist "scientists") so that Europeans can call themselves "Aryans" and be genetically superior to all other people. Because apparently, we're still stuck in the early 20th century.
And that is just the fucking start of it.

Of course, he still claims the usual bullshit about Anatolia always having been Turkish and that Mu was actually Turkish and such as well, but yeah, his delusions goes way beyond your everyday Nationalist.

Also, having calmed down a little, I realise that I might have been slightly too innuendoattive above. I was referencing this guy's poles, not any imaginable pole I may or may not be in possession of myself. :P

edit: I'm not certain, but I believe it's Mu, not Wu.

Wait.. so he claims even GREENLAND could originally be Turkish?
And the Greenlandic Language based off Turkish? 
That's a load of male bovine excrement.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: May 04, 2011, 08:38:42 pm »

Heh, I know a guy that claims that about Hungary.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: May 04, 2011, 09:17:19 pm »

251-175 passed in the House.

Fuck.
Oh for craps sake. Why do they think this is a good idea?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: May 04, 2011, 09:17:41 pm »

Fuck.

On the bright side, it still has to pass the Senate then either be signed by Obama or return to Congress and get a stronger vote to pass (60% or 2/3, I forget).  251-175 is only 58%, and IIRC the Senate hasn't had as strong a Republican shift as the House.

Oh for craps sake. Why do they think this is a good idea?

Some combination of derp and pork, I presume.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:19:26 pm by Earthquake Damage »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: May 04, 2011, 09:18:56 pm »

2/3rds majority, ED.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: May 04, 2011, 09:21:21 pm »

Fuck.

It still has to get past both the Senate and Obama, though. Given how most people in the US feel about abortion, the Senate is a tossup, but I get the feeling that the bill will get vetoed if it passes the Senate.

And a partial ninja by ED.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: May 04, 2011, 09:22:13 pm »

On a completely unrelated note: When Crysis came out I couldn't play it because my computer wasn't up to snuff. Now I have a computer good enough to max the graphics and still get 100 fps, and I still can't play it, because it freezes every five fucking minutes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: May 04, 2011, 09:24:26 pm »

On a completely unrelated note: When Crysis came out I couldn't play it because my computer wasn't up to snuff. Now I have a computer good enough to max the graphics and still get 100 fps, and I still can't play it, because it freezes every five fucking minutes.
I think Crysis is just there for people to judge how good a computer they have, since I've never actually seen someone play it for long.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: May 04, 2011, 09:29:30 pm »

I'm just hoping that this mess with Osama buys Obama enough reputation that he feels he can vote it down and still get reelected.

Because if we end up with a GoP president again in the near future, I'm honestly scared with what the party's doing right now.  Conservatives in general... eh, I don't think they're all rats, certainly.  There's been some really nice ones on these boards.  But the face of the GoP is currently just too fucking crazy for me to be happy about.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: May 04, 2011, 09:30:15 pm »

I think Crysis is just there for people to judge how good a computer they have, since I've never actually seen someone play it for long.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be a terribly good game. Technologically impressive, sure, but Half-Life 2 was ten times more fun. Then again, I didn't get far because of the constant crashes. Maybe it gets better when the aliens show up. I'd like to make it at least to that point.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 3345