Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3706970 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3375 on: May 05, 2011, 01:08:36 pm »

I have no words for those comments.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: May 05, 2011, 01:17:55 pm »

Reposting this here, since it's relevant to the discussion regarding the former cheerleader.

Thank you, US Government. 5 seconds of silent frustration at a girl's own rape is worthy of robbing her of her hobby, her free will and dignity, and $45,000, while her rapist continues to be the star forward of his team. Clearly cheering for basketball is more important than fundamental human rights, dignity, and anything resembling justice.

I sometimes wonder what world I'm living in... whether what I'm seeing is just a twisted simulacra of reality. I know that a reasonable, professional legal system would have to be too aware of what they're endorsing to allow this to happen. Instead, they've become so jaded and mechanical in their methods that they fail to serve their purpose to society, defending the rights of an organization (the school, which is not a being, nor was it harmed by her actions) over an individual, and practically endorse rape.

It's like people get so wrapped up in the system of their lives as coaches, judges, and what have you, that they don't even notice the twisted results of their actions. A pinch of consciousness or empathy is all you need to see how fucked up the situation is.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: May 05, 2011, 01:29:21 pm »

There was a sentence here some years ago where a man was absolved of rape because according to the judge "the supposed victim was wearing jeans, and as everyone knows, those can't be gotten off without consent".
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/05/01/2010-05-01_jury_acquits_accused_rapist_rules_womans_skinny_jeans_so_tight_she_must_have_hel.html

You know what's the saddest thing of that? That is not the case I was referring to. That's right, we have at least TWO people who have been acquited of rape because of the "jeans defense".
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: May 05, 2011, 01:54:33 pm »

Did you read the comments, and how they decided that she lied because the jury must have had some reason not to find in her favor?
Actually, one of my Firefox aps blocked the script for the comments.  It's like it was trying to shield me from the comments which threw me into a rage from the very first one.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

EDIT:
You know what's the saddest thing of that? That is not the case I was referring to. That's right, we have at least TWO people who have been acquited of rape because of the "jeans defense".
Goddamnit argghh.  The thing is it even seems like something it would be extremely easy to prove wrong with a demonstration on a willing volunteer.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: May 05, 2011, 01:57:40 pm »

Actually, one of my Firefox aps blocked the script for the comments.  It's like it was trying to shield me from the comments which threw me into a rage from the very first one.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Someone notify a plug-in developer that a million dollar idea was just posted here. They can call it RageGuard.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: May 05, 2011, 02:23:50 pm »

As soon as you can design an AI to detect and omit offensiveness, willful ignorance, bigoted dogmatism, and true selfishness, we'll have a solution to more than our internet RAEG problems.

Simply install it into a Killbot, and let it loose on the streets.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: May 05, 2011, 02:26:32 pm »

As soon as you can design an AI to detect and omit offensiveness, willful ignorance, bigoted dogmatism, and true selfishness, we'll have a solution to more than our internet RAEG problems.

The internet will also be a lot smaller.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: May 05, 2011, 02:40:29 pm »

Sigged. This whole thing is pretty appalling.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: May 05, 2011, 02:41:12 pm »

<_<

>_>

... it's on my to-do list.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: May 05, 2011, 04:02:56 pm »

Congratulations, you have just killed every single person in this thread, and on this entire forum. Even Vector.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: May 05, 2011, 04:05:29 pm »

Even the unkillable ones?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: May 05, 2011, 04:07:02 pm »

Especially the unkillable ones.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: May 05, 2011, 04:08:44 pm »

Not if I don't design it to :V

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: May 05, 2011, 04:13:45 pm »

An unbiased killbot will eliminate the entire population because there is no one who isn't offensive to someone. A biased killbot will make the world akin to someone out of 1984. There is honestly no way to make it work without severely limiting the rights of the individual.

If that's your thing, cool, but it's very reactionary.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: May 05, 2011, 04:14:43 pm »

What if you instruct it to randomly eliminate 10% of the world's population every year until we reach a stable equilibrium?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 3345