Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2064 2065 [2066] 2067 2068 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699127 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #30975 on: January 01, 2014, 03:07:20 am »

It may not be his job, but is he getting paid for the renovation? If so, I think that qualifies as a home business. However, if you're legally a dependent of his then fucked if I know how it works. There's bound to be shit in there to disqualify chores as any kind of employment.

New best plan is to spend as much time out of the house as possible. This will convince them that you're developing a social life. Investigate public transport, libraries for internet, etc. Get (shitty, if necessary) job, set up a bank account without telling them, save up until you can move out. At this point it should become straightforward to summon the police if he tries to harass you when you're no longer living in the same home.

No, he's not getting paid for it. Like I said, it's his pet project, meaning all the money that is getting spent is his own. I'm not a dependent. Not for him, anyways. I'm a dependent for my mom though.

Not really many places I can go. None that would still allow me to do my own thing, anyways. The library won't have any of my games, and the selection of books isn't that good. And I can't hide out at a relative's or a friend's due to distance from all of them. Though I do have a bus pass, which has come in handy in the past. Not any more, since some lines no longer accept passes, and are cash only, but it's enough to get me to college. I'm still off for a week, but I'll have an excuse then.

I have my own banking, but my job is spotty, since work has been really slow this year, so saving up for my own place would be difficult at best.

E: Don't worry about me or anything. He's an ass, but after living with him for a few years I know enough to be able to keep him from bugging me too much. It's just when he pulls crap like this that it really gets to me. He wouldn't go out of his way to bother me if I moved out anyways. When his own kids left all he really did was complain for a while. I doubt he'd do much different if I left.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:26:51 am by BlackFlyme »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30976 on: January 01, 2014, 03:15:42 pm »

Women love it when a man gets physical. Why do you think they don't leave abusers?

thanks for killing the "stupid things people say" thread, guys

owlbread go get scotland independent faster i'll migrate and stuff

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #30977 on: January 01, 2014, 03:16:21 pm »

Where I work holiday is booked by handing in a form and is on a first come first serve basis. You aren't allowed to hand the form back before a certain date. Turns out I've been the only one waiting for this date meaning I won't get the days I want. I have no problem with them letting us hand them in early so long as they tell everyone.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30978 on: January 01, 2014, 03:42:14 pm »

That guy either really has a skewed notion of what constitutes humanity, or believes the stereotype of being male is 'I CAN TAKE EVERYTHING. I DON'T NEED YER STOOPID SAFETY. TOUGH!'
>_>
Erm, sorry for asking but...did you try talking to him about that? Perhaps he just really doesn't know how bad going against safety could be (and being a total jerk to others via verbal abuse. He's just showing total ignorance there.)

He's heavily into the male-stereotype, and has basically never mentally matured past 13. Crude jokes, racist/sexist comments, swearing like he only just discovered the words. He's aware of safety, he just thinks he's a tough guy. Though like I said, he will get equipment for things that will definitely get you killed otherwise.
I immediately thought "Well why don't you engineer an 'accident' that will cripple him for life and then blame it on poor safety procedures? That should teach him to start being safer, shouldn't it?"
I really can't stand people like that. Those kinds of people just need to either grow up quick or go die in a hole so that the rest of the world can actually develop.
Does thinking that way make me a bad person?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30979 on: January 01, 2014, 03:50:53 pm »

Sounds like a pretty reasonable train of thought to me.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30980 on: January 01, 2014, 03:52:45 pm »

Well I'd be a bit less vindictive :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30981 on: January 01, 2014, 04:31:33 pm »

Well I'd be a bit less vindictive :P
* Sirus holds his thumb and forefinger a fraction of an inch from each other
Just a bit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30982 on: January 01, 2014, 04:33:10 pm »

Well, from the sounds of it, he's not a noble. I wouldn't call in the magma just yet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #30983 on: January 01, 2014, 07:36:54 pm »

NVidia drivers apparently don't support OpenCL-DirectX11 interop using the standards. Apparently, they decided to rename their implementation of the standard functions; which so far as I can tell do the exact same thing with the exact same signature as the standard versions. Which screws with all the function pointer initialization magic-macros, requiring me to rewrite them to support both the standard and nvidia's implementation. Yay arbitrary separate code-paths! >_<

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30984 on: January 01, 2014, 10:39:37 pm »

Hair can be a big thing. :v
Well, if you're talking literally, sure. In terms of how big a deal it is, it doesn't matter much except for certain physical activities (swimming etc), and maybe for a fictional character's design.

I dunno, man. If not for my hair I would be boring as f#ck.
Seriously, it's pretty much my one, single interesting feature. :P

Rage: Moments like these really make me hate myself even more than usual. I've known for weeks that I have a job network appointment today, which is vital to me continuing to get paid.
I stayed awake last night so as not to risk sleeping in and being late, since it's set for the morning. All's going well, I get off the computer, get dressed and am about to put my shoes on, giving myself about 45 minutes to walk there...

And then I fall asleep. Somehow.
I don't know what the hell happened, maybe I passed out or something. I'm not sick or anything so it makes no sense.
Long story short, I miss my appointment entirely, can't even go later because I'm busy with other stuff this afternoon. So now my unemployment payment is gonna take a hit, even on the odd occasion that these dumbasses remember to pay me on time.
At this rate it might be easier just to get a goddamn job.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #30985 on: January 02, 2014, 07:05:08 am »

There was a triple homicide a few blocks from my house on New Years Eve. There was another victim, but she's survived so far.
Two of the dead ones are a 14 year old girl and a even younger boy.

Pretty much a whole family just got murdered in my neighborhood and I couldn't stop it >:(

Oh also taco bell changed their closing times, so now I can't get it in the morning before work.
Hardly worth mentioning after the other thing, but shit, rage thread and I'm hungry.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:10:06 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30986 on: January 02, 2014, 12:08:13 pm »

Woke up to my stepdad yelling about something. Apparently, he was pissed that my mom(and assumes I do it too) turned the bathroom sink's faucet so far to the side* that when he turned the water on, it got all over the counter. He went so far as to start threatening to rip out the bathroom sink and force us to wash our hands using the shower. All because he's too lazy to check the orientation of the faucet, something that SHOULD be an automatic reflex.

*The reason for this is due to way we have to flush the toilet: by filling a bucket with water from the sink and dumping into the toilet. To get the bucket out, you have to turn the faucet to the side. It's been at least a year or two like this, since he still hasn't gotten around to fixing it.

I nearly killed a car full of people today, when they cut me off dangerously close at highway speeds and then proceeded to hit the brakes for no apparent reason.

Currently flipping between this thread and the terrified thread.
Probably trying to get a lawsuit out of you, while also being absolutely retarded.

@BlackFlyme: Dude, that's not the kind of thing you can just "live with", believe me. I'm pretty sure driving you to somewhere late at night and forcing you to work without safety equipment like that is criminal.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30987 on: January 02, 2014, 12:43:15 pm »

If I'd known that deciding to avoid piracy was going to result in this much peer pressure, I'd only ever have made friendships I could stand to lose. I can't defend myself without being accused of calling her a terrible person, I can't argue the difference between those without getting into a lengthy debate about the objectivity of morality, and I can't get out of the conversation without being accused of TRYING to make her feel bad.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30988 on: January 02, 2014, 12:58:29 pm »

If I'd known that deciding to avoid piracy was going to result in this much peer pressure, I'd only ever have made friendships I could stand to lose. I can't defend myself without being accused of calling her a terrible person, I can't argue the difference between those without getting into a lengthy debate about the objectivity of morality, and I can't get out of the conversation without being accused of TRYING to make her feel bad.
Eh? Just say, "I want to support the devs, so I buy what I want," and/or "I don't trust the safety of the pirate sites/warez/torrents/whatever. There's no way to really verify before you download."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30989 on: January 02, 2014, 01:14:06 pm »

I've gotten too lazy to pirate. Games, anyway. Touché, Gaben.

That's the reasoning I would use in that circumstance, unless you've actually never done it before. In which case... I dunno. Definitely don't even try to mention morality, as that's a quagmire that's impossible to reason your way out of.
Pages: 1 ... 2064 2065 [2066] 2067 2068 ... 3345