Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2066 2067 [2068] 2069 2070 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699414 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #31005 on: January 02, 2014, 05:53:05 pm »

Optic mice don't work on anything slightly reflective or, even worse, transparent though. Not well, at least. Glass countertop? Plastic tablecloth? Tinfoil?
Ironically however, they do work on mirrors. Or that's just a quirk of mine. Either way, still awesome.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31006 on: January 02, 2014, 08:17:51 pm »

On the piracy thing: Why don't you just say you have a pet peeve? If you admit/claim being irrational, any arguments just shoot past.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #31007 on: January 02, 2014, 08:23:26 pm »

You'd think so, but no. She's let it go for now, but she is pretty big on objective morality so it's very hard for me to try and convey "I don't feel comfortable doing this" without her inferring "So you shouldn't do it either", and I'm really not prepared to argue against that when I've got nothing but my gut intuition that these are very different statements. Mind you, I don't want to argue it here, either, so.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31008 on: January 02, 2014, 08:39:47 pm »

Thank goodness they work on a couch cushion else my month long trip to the parent's house would've been far more difficult.

I hate trackpads, there were no desks to sit at, and there was a nice couch I could lounge on with my laptop. USB optical mouse saved the day.

Mouse control method is irrelevant. We are the Desktop Master Race. We will assimilate your mouse control methods. Resistance is futile.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31009 on: January 02, 2014, 08:47:36 pm »

Ah, but "I'm not comfortable" is different from "I've got a pet peeve"! If someone tried to talk you into, say, robbing a 7/11, and you said "I'm not comfortable with that", it would be social code for "I've got doubts of a technical and/or moral and/or other nature about this", while saying "I've got a pet peeve about holding up 7/11's" would convey "I'd rather not do this, but why not rob the nearest Circle K instead?" With the first, you're practically telling the other person to keep arguing, while the second leaves them a face-saving way out of the matter.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31010 on: January 02, 2014, 09:01:58 pm »

A short interview with Shia LaBeouf.

There's some more background to it but to sum it up guy plagiarised a comic in his movie or something, then apologised on twitter by plagiarising someone elses apology.

He is a douchebag of such monumental proportions, he could douche mother earth herself for fucks sake.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #31011 on: January 02, 2014, 09:04:37 pm »

Yeah, he went from apologizing sincerely, to apologizing ironically, to straight up mocking people.

S'alright though, according to CNN, the publishers of his works are decidedly not amused.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #31012 on: January 02, 2014, 10:25:22 pm »

A short interview with Shia LaBeouf.

There's some more background to it but to sum it up guy plagiarised a comic in his movie or something, then apologised on twitter by plagiarising someone elses apology.

He is a douchebag of such monumental proportions, he could douche mother earth herself for fucks sake.

Does it make me a bad person to find this absolutely hilarious?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #31013 on: January 03, 2014, 01:16:31 am »

Dammit -_-

I accidentally typed scp cherrypytest.py templog.py when I meant to type scp cherrypytest.py templog.py skyserver:~/Desktop/webserver, and now my templog.py file is gone forever. I need to rewrite it JUST when it finally worked. Ugh.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #31014 on: January 03, 2014, 01:23:39 am »

scp?
It's FEF, not FEOF

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31015 on: January 03, 2014, 01:26:42 am »

skyrunner submitted the file to the scp foundations obviously

it doesn't mean secure copy or anything

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #31016 on: January 03, 2014, 01:31:23 am »

scp?
Basically what I did is "copy cherrypytest.py to templogs.py" instead of "copy cherrypytest.py and templogs.py to skyserver"

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31017 on: January 03, 2014, 07:19:49 am »

For some reason Blood Bowl has started crashing on me. Straight freeze followed by an actual steam freeze afterwards (the entire steam client freezes for a minute or two after bb crashes.) Raaawr...

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31018 on: January 03, 2014, 08:00:49 am »

And now either fraps or my headset is acting up. For some reason it records my voice twice now with a bit of a delay, so I am basically talking canon with myself and it is pissing me off. I am guessing it is not the fault of fraps though but rather another issue with this shitty fucking corsair vengeance 2000 headset.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31019 on: January 03, 2014, 11:30:11 am »

Dammit -_-

I accidentally typed scp cherrypytest.py templog.py when I meant to type scp cherrypytest.py templog.py skyserver:~/Desktop/webserver, and now my templog.py file is gone forever. I need to rewrite it JUST when it finally worked. Ugh.

Sky! Version control, damn it! Version Control!
Pages: 1 ... 2066 2067 [2068] 2069 2070 ... 3345