Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released  (Read 107137 times)

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.06 Released
« Reply #330 on: June 14, 2010, 02:48:00 am »

No i have some bags full of seeds near to the plots, nothing forbidden.
There are some other problems with seeds too looks like i lost all cave wheat and all rock nuts.
I will start a new fortress an check what happened to that seeds.

In any case: "No available seeds" should not prevent you from scheduling the plot for the 4 seasons.

This "no available seeds" is what happens to me whenever I place a farm plot somewhere underground in defiance of the "no mud for farming" warning that appears while positioning and sizing it.

Bartleby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 14, 2010, 08:40:06 am »

My farms worked correctly for over a year before i got the "no availabe seeds" message.
But thank you for that response, because i know now what happened.
The mud beyond the farms was gone !
When i removed the plot the ground beneath had no mud.
Normaly the mud stays.
But how can it happen that 8 farms 3x3 in 2 rows of 4 loose all the mud ???

heuristicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 14, 2010, 08:44:21 am »

Just got a crash while attempting to zone a hospital using the floor flow zoning method.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 14, 2010, 09:04:41 am »

Just got a crash while attempting to zone a hospital using the floor flow zoning method.

That's this bug, which Toady's been trying to track down.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 14, 2010, 09:24:10 am »

My farms worked correctly for over a year before i got the "no availabe seeds" message.
But thank you for that response, because i know now what happened.
The mud beyond the farms was gone !
When i removed the plot the ground beneath had no mud.
Normaly the mud stays.
But how can it happen that 8 farms 3x3 in 2 rows of 4 loose all the mud ???
If the mud is on a BUILT floor or a Smoothed floor, Dwarfs will Clean the mud, making it ineffective.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Bartleby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 14, 2010, 09:54:51 am »

If the mud is on a BUILT floor or a Smoothed floor, Dwarfs will Clean the mud, making it ineffective.
The mud vanished from 72 tiles that had plots on it. No floor beyond the plots...

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 14, 2010, 10:13:05 am »

As in, what's under those plots? Rough cavern floors? Constructed floor tiles? Smoothed rock floors?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Feral23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 14, 2010, 10:15:21 am »

more hate for the Arse-nal dwarf...

and the tedious process of equipping military, just to have carefully trained legendaries running to combat
dressed only in stitches and a bandage.
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup tiles ruined Ascii for me forever... and I played Hack when it was new.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 14, 2010, 10:51:31 am »

Keep in mind lots of bugs with dwarves dropping or failing to equip have been fixed in this version, so you should have a lot less trouble with under-equipped dwarves now.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 14, 2010, 11:44:29 am »

The mud vanished from 72 tiles that had plots on it. No floor beyond the plots...

Don't know if this is related, but I had a farm plot that was muddied, where nothing except the first tile worked. Turned out that despite the name "Muddy Sand Cavern Floor" and the color of mud, the tiles had not the "A pile of mud" or "A small pile of mud" tag.
Nothing worked to get mud there. Tried to flood it again. Nothing. I even build a construction, removed it and flooded again. Didn't work. One tile never got the pile of mud tag.
The rest of my farms are working fine.

Leperous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 14, 2010, 12:04:46 pm »

Happened to me too once, I suspect that there was some blood nearby that got cleaned, taking the mud with it (permanently). Stopped anything from growing anywhere on the overlying field.

Motigg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 14, 2010, 02:48:32 pm »

Happened to me too once, I suspect that there was some blood nearby that got cleaned, taking the mud with it (permanently). Stopped anything from growing anywhere on the overlying field.
I'm not sure if this was the case.  In my current fort, the same thing happened, the mud just dissappeared from all but 8 tiles out of my 6 4x4 plots (Mostly pig tails for cloth).  I know there wasn't any blood or anything there since nothing makes it past the entrance of my fort (I have a squad stationed there with crafters constantly going outside for bones/shells) so I know it wasn't cleaned.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #342 on: June 14, 2010, 02:51:10 pm »

Update on my dead civilization: migrants stopped coming after 7 (for a total of 14) adult dwarves. We've since been blessed with three baby girls. Fortunately the elves have brought more exotic beasts every year to tame for our military defences, though so small a fortress will never attract the attention of goblins-- our only threat is the drums in the deep. We are finally able to produce steel. It's been six years.

I still think that a dead civilization ought to be at least a "warn on embark."  :-\
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 14, 2010, 03:06:24 pm »

You know what I'd like to see next version? More appropriate engravings. A masterful of a dwarf getting eviscerated by a forest titan is probably okay for your armory, but not the dining room or bedrooms.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 14, 2010, 03:26:18 pm »

I still think that a dead civilization ought to be at least a "warn on embark."  :-\

I'll agree with that. It'd be helpful both for finding a dead civilization as well as avoiding them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30