Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128308 times)

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #675 on: July 04, 2010, 08:48:45 pm »

Oh god, i feel bad for him. what if there were findable diaries that survivors and zombies would drop? probally impossible. or Inconceivable.http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/Smileys/aaron/tongue.gif

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 05, 2010, 06:37:03 am »

Don't you love going on a food run to feed your family of survivors and all you find is 8 expired groceries?

Puke fest in the gun shop we are hulled down in.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 05, 2010, 09:09:35 am »

Don't you love going on a food run to feed your family of survivors and all you find is 8 expired groceries?

Puke fest in the gun shop we are hulled down in.

I eat only when hungry and make sure that I consume all extra rations I find.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

tekknej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 05, 2010, 12:59:29 pm »

ok my game now crashed trying to save, out of memory =D
had like 80000@415% points... never gonna play large districts again ) too easy, but the ultimate enemy, the .net, is more ridiculous than previous 'those guys' =D

so yeah, as dev asked, i played with everything maxed, except for city size 2. day 31, loading took an hour, simulation of a one district which i havent visited from the start of a game took more than 2 hours =D and crashed when i tried to save shortly after that. here is a log just in case...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 05, 2010, 01:10:34 pm »

People with insane memory usage and loading time, what options settings do you use?
My guess is that you have almost everything maxed, correct?  :P
Please tell me so I can rebalance the settings.  8)

Everything at default.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 05, 2010, 03:13:19 pm »

I started in a district with 4 char offices  :D

I waited until they went to sleep and sneaked into one. One guard was sleeping in a doorway, but I tiptoed past him anyway. He woke up after I passed him so he was in between me and escape. I ducked into a, thankfully, empty room and begin to battle him for the door. Every time he would open it, I'd close it. He forgot that he was following after 30 some turns of door battling and walked away. Of course I tried to sneak further in, but didn't last long.
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 05, 2010, 03:46:39 pm »

I normally open the door to the office, stare at them for a little and then run, make sure the guard is at streeet level... wait 50 something turns and go into to claim my share.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 05, 2010, 04:22:37 pm »

I think the soliders are having problems again. I saw a bunch of them having switched over to pistols, but they were dodging around a skeleton without attacking it. I couldn't tell if they had any ammo left. The skeleton couldn't hurt them due to the body armor, but they just walked around it untill I killed the skeleton. That particular squad had been around for a while, reduced to three members, all of whom were very injured.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 05, 2010, 05:38:13 pm »

I like how , in this game, the military is helpfull, but not very and dies and runs out of ammo.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 05, 2010, 05:40:18 pm »

I like how , in this game, the military is helpfull, but not very and dies and runs out of ammo.

If you ask me, their weapons should bayonets or something that makes their firearms heavy.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 05, 2010, 05:48:27 pm »

Army dude: the stabbening

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 06, 2010, 09:54:02 am »

Trading needs a point system.
A shotgun might be worth multiple items. Not just one.
Maybe I can give a more explained idea later.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 06, 2010, 12:21:28 pm »

The new ai annoys me..... they always loot EVERYTHING from the stores before I get there, and bodies never have any spare ammo, makes it alot harder and more FUN
Nom nom nom

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 06, 2010, 12:42:15 pm »

A shotgun might be worth multiple items. Not just one.

There's no way the weakest of the "Good" guns is worth more than one item.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #689 on: July 06, 2010, 12:46:58 pm »

The game lacks the traditional "acts" of a zombie setting. There are hints of it, I guess; the national guard week, and eventually the "'Aaahem-, *Clowns* -hem'" show up, and the undead do get gradually tougher. Outside of this, it's rather uniform.

Ideally, you'd have at least one "normal" day, where most people don't know about the Zombie Threat and the electricity is working. After that you have the mob day, where there's still few zombies, but everybody's panicking as the true nature of the plauge reveals itself, then you have the rest of the first week, with the gradual build up, and then you get the first appearance of the National Guard and some martial law...

It's also lacking the stunned civilians- that is, not the survivors, but the civilians who just try to hide out on the roofs and are still clutching their briefcases and memos, knowing that if they just hide out long enough, the powers that be will save them and bring the world back to normal.

Here's a thought; after the Nat'l Guard retreats, remaining troops would be a kind of remnant force, and would presumably lack some of the dicipline of the regulars, possibly scavaging and hunting much like the bikers and gangers.

You know, one thing I haven't seen a lot of in Zombie settings is cults. You'd expect that there's got to be a few religious folk who would take the entirely scientific and secular phenomenon of a zombie uprising entirely the wrong way and believe it to be some kind of divine judgement. Besides, who wouldn't want to hear something like "You hear the sound of distant chanting! The Zoonies have arrived! Cultists seem to be coming from 168 tiles to the NE!"

Now, Tahin and I where considering that rather than a virus, a fungal infection could behave more like the Zombie Plague- for one thing, the human immune system has a lot of trouble with fungi, and it could provide more energy than whatever it is that powers regular zombies.

I'm not saying that it's a good idea for you to use Fungal Zombies. I'm just saying it allowed us to have a gang of zombie-smoking hippies.

I'm all for the nausea meter and pink bottles. You could make it so some zombies smell terrible, or that an unskilled combatant exposed to gore could get effected in a realistic way. Also, don't go down in the sewers on a full stomach.

Oh, and if you spend too much time in the dark, you could get cave-adapted!

Nah.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:24:26 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 66