yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34565 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2010, 06:08:25 pm »

Check Stocks of Arrows (Oh Wait DO I even have a quiver cause there was none to buy on the Item Menu, did it come free with the Bow)...
Steady the Puppies so they do not attack...
Loose the Hatchet on belt. Holster Bow...
A Melee weapon even shotty would be better then a Bow at the moment...

Request Orders...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2010, 08:37:16 pm »

I wake up, lock the cat in my chest, and run to wake up the trader guards.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 16, 2010, 08:51:07 pm »

I wake up upon hearing the commotion, light a torch, grab a big stick to use as a club, and race towards the group.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2010, 09:23:14 pm »

Nirur Pokes his head out of the hatch upon hearing the heavy plodding of footsteps above. He sees quite a sight, in the middle of the downpour, dwarves circle a horrible fetid swamp creature. They keep their distance as it plods after the nearest dwarf. The creature shoves the skeletal racoon it held into a wide muck filled mouth, its bones crunch audibly and a horrific stench escapes with every belch. He scurries out of the basement with a torch held high.

Neyvn checks his quiver. 10 arrows are in it, he slings his bow over his shoulder and weilds his hatchet instead, waiting for somone else to make the first move.

Ochita runs to the outdoor pile of stone. Grabbing a hefty rock, he runs back and hurls it up at the swamp thing. The rock tumbles through the air and PLOP's into the things chest. it sticks into a shallow indentation and starts rolling out slowly.

Doc runs to fetch the guards. Rousing them his frantic babbling seems to scare them. The trader peeks out of his sleeping shell and looks about. "A creature you say? i knew I didnt like the look of this place! Its H-H-Hu-Haunted!" He takes one look in the creatures direction an extends his eyestalks up to get a better look. "By my troth! Damn the storm, full speed ahead! Thats a grimeling! They dont call me slimerunner for nothing! Wiggle those tails like your life depended on it!." The trader gestures to his giant turtle and they make a very slow escape. The guards however look at each other and grab their weapons and slide through the thick sticky mud towards the grimeling while the trader flees. ...A copper greatsword falls out the back in front of Doc.

The Grimeling cups the rock as it rolls free of its belly, it raises it above its head and hurls it with great strength but meager skill, right at ochita. ochita he tries to leap back but is stuck in the mud. The rock strikes him right in the torso center with a loud grunt, shockwaves rattle his bones and shake his whole body. He hears an unhealthy snap, and remains standing for a moment before holding his guts and vomiting. His his rib is broken, he is not stunned, His guts are bruised, his kidneys and liver are bruised. he feels his internals quiver and he heaves again.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 09:33:45 pm by Hastur »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2010, 09:27:28 pm »

I'll find whatever the hell I can to throw at the thing. And I'll wing it hard!
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2010, 09:56:21 pm »

Cogs, hustles out to the battle, picking up a shovel, a skillet and a hatchet and a small boulder on his way out. His bowels grumble and he runs up beside the grimeling, hurling the shovel with a running start! The shovel rolls in the air and sticks firmly into the grimeling. The exertion makes his poop himself a little but no matter! The skillet spins through the air and is deflected by one of the things arms. Its arm is bruised. Then Cogs hurls the boulder with both hands in a high arc, but the thing catches it as it comes down.

The creature seizes the stone and steps closer to the dwarf who has earned its ire, Cogs. Readying the boulder it prepares to through it back at Cogs, but Ochita steps closer to it and taunts it "Who said i was done with you yet!" The Grimeling chucks the stone at Ochita at nearly point blank range! The boulder gains speed as the huge swing gains tremendous momentum! Ochita doubled over, grasps at his pick still at his feet and Roars as he brings it up at the incoming boulder. The iron pick and stone connect. sending the tiny peices of rock tumbling through the air past Ochita. Ochita burps up a little blood and it trickles down his beard, but he steps forward and crashes the pick down on the grimeling with his immpressive strength! The pick wedges itself through the creatures head with brute force, the split grimelings head contains no organs, and it fights on, seemingly undisturbed by the large wound.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2010, 09:58:07 pm »

CHARGE! FOR THE BEER!

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2010, 10:15:05 pm »

"Armok damn it! I knew I shouldn't have eaten those raw turtles."

I'll find even more things to hurl and keep up with the barrage.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2010, 01:29:04 am »

Keep drawing its attention
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2010, 03:59:57 am »

Charge... Strike those that are unprepared, move quick and stay out of range of counters, Hit and Run tactics...
Remove the heads, strike them down...

If any flee and not engaged in combat, swap out for bow and attempt to pin them to the ground...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2010, 02:39:10 pm »

(oops i didnt post for a while, i was feeling blue, hope we still have momentum)

Cogs runs off a short distance to gather more things to throw,

Ochitas Pick is stuck in the grimeling, he strarts trying to twist it out, but the grimeling grabs him by the arms, it tries to swing ochita in a big arc, at Urist as he charges in, but the strength of the mountains seems to fill ochitas legs and he adopts a low stance. The grimeling cannot budge ochitas bulk, and succeeds only at slightly wrenching ochitas arms.

Urist closes in as fast as he can through the mud, with huge paces, nearly jumps. He ends it with a great leap and brings the mace  crashing down with a reckless blow that can be seen from a mile away. The target however is a slow ponderous grimeling and the mace hits solidly, sending a ripple through the grimelings surface and sloughing off a few sheets of material.

Nirur runs up to the scene holding a torch, the pitch stays lit despite the storm and rain.

(Neyvn, reading your post i have conluded that you want to attack some multiple of targets, the only one of which is the snailmen, So apparently you attack the snailmen? I see only one other possible conclusion, judging by your post.)

Nanothnir standing back a bit , senses a danger from the incoming snailmen. They slither toward the backs of those dwarves already engaged in melee, twirling their weapons overhead. He charges then from the flank with his hatchet, but they are nothing if not perceptive, and their eyestalks quickly hone in on the incoming nanothnir and they hesitate untill nanothnir is nearly upon them, at which point they hurl some weaponry at point blank range!
 A Ball and chain spins through the air at nanothnir but it misses! A dart is hurled too, but it only barely nicks Nanothnirs arm. The shielded Snailman tries to intercept nanothnir as he charges at a ranged snailman! He moves quickly through the thick mud and rams him with the shield! Nanothnir is nearly knocked over but his agile footwork keeps him ready to counterattack with a hatchet blow to the body, but it is defelected away by the snailmans overhead flail, nearly entangling his arm!

The grimeling fight and the snailman fight take place a small distance from each other, only about 20 yards,

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2010, 03:08:46 pm »

Cogs come back with arms full of more things to throw, he runs right up to the grimeling to get a good shot.

Ochita wrestles with the grimeling for controll of the pick, but the slipperly handle escapes his grasp dues to all this rain and mud. The grimeling, still holding on to his arms, opens its maw wider and wider, bending over and stuffing ochita arm and headfirst halfway into its implausably large mouth like the cookie monster going down on a dwarf shaped cookie! The stench is overpowering, for most, but Ochita is tough as anvils and fights to pry his way out.

Urist draws back for another blow, but his shoddy weapon rattles, lookingdown at it he sees the grimelings backhand striking at him and he brings up his weapon to block just in time. The mace remains intact more or less, but more of as a morningstar than a mace. Urist swingsg back at it with the now flexible head and the shot is absorbed by its huge mass. The shot lacked no power, but blunt and piercing attacks just cant reasonably hurt this living mass of swamp reeds and mud!

nanothnir and the snails fight on, The snails with a vengefull look on their stupid faces. Nanothnir sees the other 2 snails relaoding or drawing new weapons, and so tries to strike decisively at the one that is in his face. The snailmans morningstar comes around as nanothnir comes in, but his nimble form ducks it easily. He strikes at his face , but the snailmans shield easily blocks his untrained axeblows. nanothnir strikes quickly and savagly and repeatedly at the snailman, nearly climbing on and over his shield, metaphorically, but the snailmen guard pushhes and sends him stumbling back a step, just enough to get another swing in. They are too evenly matched however and seem to not be able to vanquish each others defenses. They face off with each other for a bit ready for each others moves, However the other 2 snailmen slither around back into position, and it does not look good for nanothnir.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2010, 03:23:25 pm »

Seeing the snailmn fight I try to stop it. "Damnit Stop fighting"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2010, 09:47:52 pm »

Wait what......

I was attacking the Grimeling. Also thought that there was more Skelle Critters attacking...

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2010, 02:05:41 pm »

Nanothnir dodges some more but turns around when a barbed dart misses him narrowly, just in time to see a lasso go over him and yank him into the mudd. The snailmen slither away at once "I'm not getting killed for these crazy dwarves!" they say.

Ochita escapes the grimelings mouth, eventually, meanwhile urists weapon is inneffective, but it is enough to draw the grimelings attention and it grabs Urist and hurls him over its own head, backwards. The mud is a safe landing however. Finally, all the hairs on Ochitas beard stand on end and a bolt of lightning strikes down, sending a large radius of crispy grimelings flying through the air. It dies.

Day 19 approaches...

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:07:33 pm by Hastur »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 46