yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34569 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG
« Reply #240 on: July 01, 2010, 11:49:59 pm »

my guy has cage traps for one reason

"Animal Trainer"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2010, 12:05:20 am »

a fair point.

so he will help with some cage traps, but the fortress proper will have the lethals.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2010, 12:08:57 am »

oh yea, caged humanoids can also make a good target range if you set them up properly  8)
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2010, 12:51:36 am »

mmhm.
anyway, i hope the others notice the update soon. i want to play!
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2010, 06:49:11 pm »

24 hours: rest
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2010, 07:05:13 pm »

8 hours rest/consume(drink beer first, for the bonus)
8 hours make moar beer
8 sleep

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2010, 07:20:50 pm »

I've thought about it, and I overreacted. I was just annoyed that I thought we would have more enemies due to a misinterpretation. Just a crazy berserk dwarf they got a bit too close to though, nothing worth a loss of profits for.

8 hours making stone blocks
8 hours rest
8 hours sleeping

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2010, 08:43:34 pm »

Spend 4hrs Tending Farms
Spend 4hrs Collecting Wood
Spend 4hrs Crafting Arrows
Spend 4hrs Resting
Spend 5hrs Sleeping (1 3 5 7 8)
Spend 3hrs Night Guard (2 4 6)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2010, 09:39:23 pm »

4 hours hunting
4 hours butchering
8 hours rest
8 hours sleeping
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 03, 2010, 02:17:42 am »

DWARVEN BUUUMP!

sorry for the captain falcon joke.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 03, 2010, 07:01:47 pm »

uuuummm, BUMP

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 03, 2010, 07:10:10 pm »

lol im working on it i've updated day 19 with everyones actions and now im inventing a way to present some more information on the first page.

Updated page 1 a bit more.

Nirur can i get stocks for day 20? i last updated the stocks myself on day like 15. At the end of each week i would charge the stocks for the previous weeks food and booze. so at the end of day 14 I charged 7 weeks worth of food from whatever foods it was most convenient for me to take from so as to simplify the stocks for me. Basically everyone was eating plump helemts since nobody was growing them and i would get rid of them soon. Just tell me if you take from the -bad food or +good food so i can update everyones mood. Feel free to round  and assume it was vermin eating the stocks.

Migrants arrive after day 20 so if i have day 20 stocks you can add the migrants inventory to it all. Meanwhile i am going to gather the info on Rooms/quality/tools, where everybody sleeps/quality/furniture and upload a more recent map and maybe present locations you guys have discovered earlier but not really checked out (it would be better as a list, so you guys know what stuff there is around the area).

Ps: last day to vote for the fortress name. Spam your favorite submission? you scoundrels.

EDIT PPS: add 18 miscelaneous skulls to the stocks too i never added those but were gatherred on the montage by eral.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 08:03:36 pm by Hastur »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 03, 2010, 07:48:27 pm »

Nirur Torir has become a Clerk!
Ochita has become A trader

Night 19

The dwarves toss and turn during the night, they have been here just about 3 weeks and have endured many hardships, with some coming close to death, but have learned alot. They think themselves to sleep eventually. Ochita especially has lots of time to spend thinking and conjures up images of how they could have taken out the grimeling or any other large beastie without as much risk. Relying on his skills in mechanics and engineering, he toys with a design for a small ballista, small enough to be aimable and operable by one dwarf, a scorpio, NO A DWARFIO, nah he would fuigure out a name for it later, what is important is function! perhaps with a broad cutting bolt to chop things in half, and maybe even coated in pitch and rags to be flammable, or even coated in poison somehow, or covered with centepedes! In any case he'll have the kinks worked out by the time he is walking again. it would probably take an unusually strong and small mechanism, 3 wood, 1 leather, some kind of arrowhead and a wood for each reserve bolt. he can visualize it now... he falls asleep muttering names for it to himself, down deep in the lowest portions of the fortress, all alone with only unhauled stone and faint sounds penetrating the rock to keep him company.

Doc, Cogs, and Nirur have all gained enough experiance to gain one skillpoint, placeable wherever they feel like, they are fast learners.

Also Urist gains a perk: Spider-Slayer, because I used his character sheet to smash a big scary spider that was coming right for me last night.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:07:12 pm by Hastur »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 03, 2010, 08:24:10 pm »

Nirur can i get stocks for day 20?

Spoiler: Day 19-20 stocks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unknowns (click to show/hide)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2010, 11:53:30 pm »

MEANWHILE...NOT FAR AWAY

Azurist, Garul, Hrodegr, and Revist; Run through The tangled undergrowth. The shrubs cling at their clothing and the low branches seem to reach for their feet as they flee through the forest. They speedily leap from root to exposed root as they weave their way through the trees towards their salvation, the roots being the most trustworthy ground despite their slickness. Azurist lands into a small puddle that turns out to be a deep bog and begins sliding in deep before he pulls himself up by a branch with pure upper body strength, not even dropping the anvil hoisted over his shoulder. Revist runs butt naked leading the way now, but he leaps over some brambles and gets his backpack caught from overhead, and nearly is pulled off his feet by the springiness of the branch, but he is steadied by garul as he passes by. Hrodegr is the slowest and his large mass brings up the rear, with an arrow or two stuck in the shield on his back.

"Just keep along the swampline! I saw the edge of the volcano at the last clearing!" Screaming arrows fly short distances and the occasional glimpse of their persuers can be seen nearly overtaking them from the side. They are faster, and travel with great leaps and strides, occasionaly swinging from a sturdy branch with great agility. They might catch up if they were not seemingly preoccupied with playing their damnable flutes, laughing and reloading their bows. Fighting them is useless, they retreat and harrass, only ranged weapons can reach them and that is a losing proposition with only one crossbow. They are horrible goat-men and they have stalked the group for a few days now but only chased them since last night, when they snuck in and stole Revist's clothes as he lay sleeping, and struck Hrodger in the nose with a feathered wand as he came out of his tent and then ran away before the dwarves could retaliate! In any case their map said they were almost there, its just a matter of finding the mighty double doors, tall walls and mountain bunkerholds full of ballistae that are shure to greet them? right?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46