yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34564 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (3 Migrants available)
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2010, 03:21:20 pm »

Doc... *Falls down* Damnit i need some rest
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (2 Migrants available)
« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2010, 04:07:27 pm »

Doc comes to the scene hauling a copper greatsword behind him. He is too late to actually help in the battle though, and instead gleefully rescues Ochita on a hastily made stretcher. Nirur and his torch help carry, carry down into the fortress all the way to the hospital level, which seems to take forever as it goes down back and forth at least 200 flights of stairs. There Doc Diagnoses Ochita with a broken rib and either bruised or punctured vitals, The grimelings gumming did no serious damage , except for a few minor acid burns and a broken pinkie finger. The vitals could heal by themselves potentially, depending on whether they are punctured or not, and how badly.

stocks gain a copper greatsword

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2010, 05:49:38 pm »

Calm down from the battle lust, and scan the area for the true Hostile...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2010, 06:15:16 pm »

I'm seriously considering dropping this. It was fun, but I dislike the way that you misinterpreted Nevyn's action. An unprovoked attack on the only nearby friendly people shouldn't be made purely from a slightly nebulous action.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2010, 07:37:50 pm »

Nirur I had a limited amount of information to go on and the way I saw it, either he didnt know what was going on as a player, he was playing his character as not knowing what was going on, or he meant what he said and wanted to attack either the group of snailmen or the group of dwarves, both of those are silly but he took PTSD as a perk and it seemed more feasable that he thought the snailmen were comming not to help, but to harm, and therefore attacked. Its true that I overstepped my bounds by filling in all the blanks(specifically assumiong that he was making an informed choice) but I tried to fix it by having them save themselves and run away. Even now i am not shure if he knows what is going on of if he is roleplaying, "scan the area for the true hostile"? Either I didnt convey well enough that the fight is over, or I didnt account for all the bad guys whereabouts boldly enough. There was some racoons that ran away, one grimeling and the 3 snailmen guards that ran away. I didnt post for like a week since Neyvn and apparently nobody else thought that he was trying to do something objectionable so maybe my reasoning is crazy, all i can do is try to fix it.

In conclusion Yes I misenterpreted it, but there were no consequences(and will be no consequences) and so its all good in my opinion, Alternatively I can go back and edit a bunch of posts, but that seemed like a worse idea to me at the time. I mean this all in the most neutral way possible, hopefully I am not ticking anyone off somehow I am bad at that.

Furthermore; this game is for all of us to have fun, if somonone has complaints or ideas, I am open to whatever. i thought another fight would be exiting but i feel the only interplay i got was not very enthusiastic so i ended it apruptly. If you guys would like time to move forward more or less slowly, for me to describe things less flowery and more numerical, I can show the battle as a series of rolls, if you guys want to advance time with another montage, if you guys want more skill points. Whatever. i would be happy to have more input or Ideas, of what you guys want to happen, like a titan, or the volcano exploding, or a goblin ambush. So far i want the fort to get on its feet a little, so there are not that many monster attacks, maybe you guys want more? less? I dont know. So if im not describing things clearly let me know i can try to change that.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2010, 07:47:08 pm »

Nanothnir carefully saws his way free with the blade of the hatchet, and looks around for any more enemies. The skeletal racoons have run far away by now, running along the bottom of the swamp. The grimeling is only a black spot on the ground now, and the snailmen retreated back to their caravan after losing their eagerness to help fight the grimeling.

He stands about in the storm, Ochita has been hauled away in pain already, and the coast seems clear. Still present is Urist and Cog, at least for the time being. The fight was frantic but didnt take that long really, since every second was a fight for dear life. Everyone can still get a a good enough nights sleep if they can calm down. Easier said than done in these Terrifying lands.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2010, 08:53:10 pm »

I just noted it down to battle lust, he was the first attacked by the Skellys so he had worked himself into a Crazy, but failed a few rolls on senses, not knowing what was going on full and got turned around, he did ask for orders, which no one gave...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 01, 2010, 03:44:33 am »

Okay, i am wanting to have an immigrant Mechanic/weaponsmith Garul Swiftspike. male if you don't mind.

Garul is a focused dwarf, and one who has a mind to take charge of things. He has a strong fondness for fashioning traps of various sorts. He is also skilled at crafting metallic weapons that he like to use in his traps. He went to the fortress to get a chance to make some traps, without much competition from the more notable trapsmiths. He has a copper spear that he uses, for defense.

Strength = 0
fine coordination = 2
gross agility = 2
toughness = 0
endurance = 2
health = 1
Intellect = 2
willpower = 0
perception = 0
charisma = 1

Mechanic = 4
Weapon-smith = 3
spear user = 2
architect = 1

belongings include:

peasant clothing
Copper spear
4 Copper mechanisms
4 copper spikes
10 copper ingots
bedroll
1 week hard tack
1 small keg of beer (1 week)
mechanic tools
1 dwarf tent

i hope this is suitable, for whenever you want to include me, the immigrant trapsmith
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (1 Migrants available)
« Reply #233 on: July 01, 2010, 07:26:55 am »

ok i would like to imigrate an animal trainer/hunter/marksdwarf, with some trimiings too, writing character

Revist "Beast Heart" Bowelchipped

Personality: Enjoys the company of animals, and the feel of a well made crossbow, prefers to eat meat of all description, flavoured with dwarven syrup and likes dwarven syrup mixed into his drinks

Animal trainer: 2
Ambusher: 2
Marksdwarf: 3
Butcher: 1 (Im a hunter duuurh, though if we want leather some1 else is doing that, or me at dabbling)
Cook: 2
Mechanic: 2 (To make Cage traps)
Carpenter: 1 (to make cages)
Wood Crafter:1 (to make bolts)
Bone Carver:1 (to make bolts)

Strength
fine coordination +1
gross agility +2
toughness +1
endurance +1
health +1
Intellect +1
willpower
perception +1
charisma +2

this guy "could" live on his own, but it would be hard

Gear

Wardog (200) (prefer a trained wolf if no statistical diff(flavour yum))
2 Puppies (400) (Read above but replace trained with tamed)
Huge Backpack (500)
Wineskin (510)
1 Dwarf Tent (560)
Personal AND group basics (615)
Crossbow(765)
5 Sweet Pod Seeds (775)
Week of Plump Helmates (790)

10 Bucks towards group funds at next trader
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 07:39:28 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (1 Migrants available)
« Reply #234 on: July 01, 2010, 02:59:24 pm »

The migrants look good to me! You'll arrive shortly. with an anvil.

Day 19 so far...
It drizzles today, the storm seems to have passed, it seems eerily quiet. Not even the blood gnats are coming out, despite the only minor rain. Cogs is recuperating quickly from his sickness.

Ochita wallows reeling from his wounds -. The hospital area is woefully underequipped, but the doctor stays by his side the entire time +, bringing him food and water. His toughness kept him standing at the time but the damage is done, and is healing slowly. His broken rib is reset by the doc during a long and arduous process, luckily he is experienced in this area but whether the internal bleeding does him in will be decided in the next few days. Ochita should be able to hobble about in 4 days if all goes well.

Org spends his timegetting drunk+ and  turning 4 weeks of muck root into 24 units of swamp whiskey. By the end of the day many bottles are filled with the cloudy liquid.

Nirur works like a master in his workshop. he spends more time lining up the perfect malletstroke than grinding down the imperfections, the slabs of rock peel away, revealing the blocks underneath. He converts 5 rock into 5 blocks.

Nanothnir expands the farm, and spends much of his time undoing the damage to the crops that  the skeletal raccoons had done. Why the undead would bother chewing up food is a mystery, perhaps faded memories compell them. he pushes on working hard throughout the day-, making arrow after arrow, he uses up 20 wood and makes 20 more shoddy arrows for the stocks. He finally rests at the end of the day but checks on everything throughout the night at first with great discsipline. but his willpower fails  near the end  and he ends up snoozing a little more than he would have wished. he is tired-.

Eral wanders the bleak landscape in search of something to hunt, but the days journey has her chasing shadows, There is still life out there... strange flying flying creatures hover far overhead, with bizzare tendrils hangin low off of their floating bodies, and large wormlike beasts send waves towards the swampshore every time they break the surface off in the distance. She heads back to camp before she gets too far to return in time and just barely manages to tan 1 hide into leather after setting up a makeshift workshop on the slope of the rocky volcano.

Moods
++Nirur +satisfaction +helped rescue Ochita earlier
Ochita -was wounded +was cared for ++ was able to rest and recuperate
++Nanothnir +satisfied at work -tired -very tired
++Org +drunk +satisfied at work
++Eral

++Doc+Idle
+++Cogs+Idle

Night 19 approaches...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 06:59:41 pm by Hastur »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG
« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2010, 10:18:08 pm »

cool. thanks for letting me in.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 01, 2010, 10:50:07 pm »

woot, you have wood right?,and stone?, i need cage traps mwahahahaha, il also do other mechaniky things if you guys make a good case for it
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 01, 2010, 11:29:26 pm »

wolf, my character is a better mechanic by a factor of 2.
he might be willing to train you, it would be an ego boost for him for certain.

speaking of mechanic, not sure if stone or metal mechanisms would be better. or if that would be situational.

maybe metallic ones have better reaction times, but less ability for stress loads.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:31:40 pm by Riversand »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 01, 2010, 11:48:29 pm »

i got mechanic to make cage traps thats it, sorry didn t realise u were a mechanic too, hell you can make the mchanisms il turn em into traps, the quality of the trap comes only from the mechanism not the mechanic who put it together

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2010, 11:49:24 pm »

true, but my guy prefers traps that pierce, slice, dice, or maim.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 46