yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34557 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG
« Reply #195 on: June 15, 2010, 03:48:33 pm »

Hey, ask for high quality metalworking tools. I'd also like some mid-quality stonecrafting tools.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 15, 2010, 03:57:56 pm »

Could you also manage to carry some metal working and stonecrafting tool on the way back? High to medium quality would be best
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2010, 04:01:53 pm »

Lots of value and little weight, I can get that, no problem.

Gm request; where does everyone sleep at night? hmmmmm?

Day 18...
The storm continues to rage throughout the night and into the next day. The dark clouds obscure the sun, and lightning strikes down over the horizon and approaches this way.

Nirur Created 4 more bedframes from 4 stone. And drags one down to the basement. He tests out his bed and rests.

Ochita, on all fours, works on smoothing all the walls to his room, but the floors remain. he dabbles in his newly improved room, twirling twigs in his fingers with all his focus and concentration.

Nanothnir works fast today, like a dwarf possesed. He wanders the maybe a little too far in a search for new plants. He finds a patch of silverbarb outside a sunken indentation in the ground. The shallow muddy depression has thin strands crisscrossed in an outward radiatiing pattern. Nanothnir grabs some silverbarb and gets back. He also adds seeds to his farmplot, 70$ more plants will be harvestable once the season ends. He rests a bit and also practicies his bow a bit. He is on the brink of becoming a dabbling marksdwarf.

Cogs has not been seen around for some time. He has stayed alone in his room for days. Checking up on him he seems to be huddled in a corner down with a sickness.

(taking over for Urist as requested) Urist hauls all the newly traded for goods deep into the mountain, piling everyth ing into Nirur's unused bedroom. Seeing the pools of alcohol evaporating away near his still, he spends the night with a bottle and the barrels filling them back up one bottle-load at a time. it would be a shame to let it all evaporate, and the grit should be hardly noticable anyways. By the end the pools are no more, and the 3 fortress barrels are full once more of 100 units of whiskey each.

Moods
-Nirur +satisfaction +rest +made an aquisition.
-Ochita +Sleeps in an improving room
++Nanothnir
++Org

+Doc +Idleness
+Eral +Idleness
++Cogs +Idle --Is stricken by sickness!

Night 18 Approaches...
[/b]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:55:46 pm by Hastur »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2010, 04:37:05 pm »

8 hours creating stone bedframes.
8 hours resting
8 hours sleeping.
I make my quarters in one of the basements, setting up some reeds over a stone bedframe.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2010, 04:42:14 pm »

Nirur I dug rooms for us to sleep in.

8 Hours smoothing my room
8 hours Trying to increase my finesse
8 hours resting in my room after taking one of nirurs bedframes with my reed bedding.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2010, 07:28:05 pm »

Cool. Im back.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 15, 2010, 11:29:45 pm »

In a Tent just within the Entrance of the Caves and near the Farms, He stations himself as a Night Guard equipped with bow, arrows and simple Hatchet. The tent is attached to the Mountain Side in a Leanto kind of way and weighed down with Stones collected from within as they were dug out. His puppies sleep within the Entrance not far from the Tent...

6hrs Caring for Farmland (Harvesting, Planting, Incressing Farmland if needed)
2hrs Collecting New Plants.
6hrs Resting in Tent (Getting his fill of food and Drink included).
2hrs Practicing his Bowmanship.
5hrs Sleeping.
3hrs Night Guard with Bow. Alternating Sleep with Guard Dutys every Hour spending 2hrs at end sleeping for the morning. (Sleep, Guard, Sleep, Guard, Sleep, Guard, Sleep, Sleep)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:31:54 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2010, 03:33:28 pm »

Night 18...
The storm continues throughout the night. The winds pick up and rip the unattended, unbraced tents from the soft muddy grounds and hurl them away in the winds. Nanothnir gets up periodically to check out for the camp, before going back to sleep.

Nanothnir cancells sleep: Interrupted by skeletal racoon!

A lightningstrike rouses Nanothnir from sleep for just a second. he instinctively grabs for his bow he keeps by his side and glances down for a split second. The flash of lightning illuminates a small creature with a startled expression on its furry face, it too grasps at the bow. The flash of lightning fades and the raccon and Nanothnir both spring into action in the dark. The racoon turns and flees, and Nanothnir crawls hurriedly out of his tent in pursuit. He fumbles and arrow into his bow before he is even out of the tent and pursues the dim shadow of the racoon out into the dark. The racoon runs for a bit then turns and faces Nanothnir, The lightning flashes again, and the dark forms of 4 more skeletal racoons around him become clear, their furry skin hangs off their skeletal frames and empty eye sockets stare back before they all attack at once. They drop the food from their mouths and attack as a group!

Nanothnir reflexes allow him to fire an arrow as soon as they even twitch, and reload once before the arrow even hits. The arrow strikes the nearest on, had been climbing on the mountains wall, it leaped off the wall at his face but the arrow knocked off its skull, the coon lands harmlessly on Nanothnirs back and rolls off, comically looking for its head. The rest converge on him!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2010, 03:35:10 pm »

Wake up because all of the commotion outside?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2010, 03:40:23 pm »

Ochita tosses and turns restlessly. The backround noise of the storm sends echoes up through the newly carved rooms. Between the thunderclaps he distinctly thinks he hears someone cry out. He hesitates for a moment, it was probably just his imagination. But what if its not? He grabs the new iron pick leaning on his bedframe and either walks blearily or runs out charging to investigate.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:43:33 pm by Hastur »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2010, 03:45:10 pm »

Whoops, sorry guys. I'll stumble from my cabin and look for the doctor. Once found, I'll ask him to diagnose me. After that, look for someplace nearby to do some light fishing.

EDIT: Oh, also, look for a large branch or rock and head towards the commotion.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:47:33 pm by Labs »
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2010, 04:34:49 pm »

Grap my pick and go towards the noise.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 16, 2010, 04:35:57 pm »

Grab mace and go to it.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 16, 2010, 04:42:20 pm »

Ochita meets the other armed dwarves in the hallway, and they rush outside. At the threshold they meet Nanothjnir running into the fortress. Behind him 4 skeletal Raccoons chase him. Seeing a whole group of dwarves and not just a tasty morsel, The racoons flee! The dwarves run after them and chase them all the way into the swamps. The fifth racoon was not in the fight, and steals a hatchet from one of the group basics. The other racoons swim off into the swamp and leave the dwarves standing on the riverbanks. An arrow strikes one as it swims along the bottom. Nanothnir become a dabbling marksdwarf and loses 5 arrows.

Standing on the swampbank, looking out. Some muddy reed-clumps rise up out of the water. a hulking form rise out of the water, one clutches the broken remains of a racoon. it looks more like a mound of waterlogged reeds and mud than a man, but it stands nearly as tall as one, but stooped. It come nearer and nearer slowly, and an arrow is fired, but it lodges in and seems to not even effect it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:50:58 pm by Hastur »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 16, 2010, 05:07:14 pm »

Mudman! Find some rocks to throw at it
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 46