Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165786 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1470 on: April 02, 2011, 08:58:03 am »

I had something similar happen, but it was actually because of people acting stupid and being stubborn bastards that we got 2 carries on mid, two solo lanes and me as a jungler.And it actually worked quite freaking well since they harrased the shit out of the enemy mid who couldn't do anything to them while they farmed up and pushed the tower.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 02, 2011, 11:48:51 am »

Some people on the official forums posted a very intriguing strategy called tri-lane.

It's basically 1-3-1 lane setup with no jungler instead of 1-1-2 (techically, the metagame in the US is 1-1-1 + roaming support). The three in mid are champs which don't need levels or items to succeed. For the most part, support champs.

To be specific, the characters they used were: Urgot top; Janna, Morgana, Sona mid; Tryndamere bot.

The objective for them was not to get kills. In fact, they'd often be down in kills. But they'd always be up in towers. So for that team and strategy, the game is not about last hits and pacing, but endless pushing. Since mid had an aoe healer and two great farmers / harassers, they would destroy mid tower before the other lanes could keep up. After that, all three in mid would move to another lane and push it 4-man and repeat as required to rush as many towers as possible.

They also pointed out that since their strategy is so bizzare, the enemy team is more or less never designed to take on three in mid. Since they'd have to switch their lanes around to try and counteract that strategy, they would be working less optimal than the team which actively sought out 3 in mid in the first place. For example, they'd have to sacrifice champions who might suffer a lot more from the lack of exp / gold compared to Morgana, Janna, and Sona. It was also noted that oftentimes the enemy teams would spend so much time moving between lanes trying to counteract the roaming 3-man team that they would actually be very close in terms of levels.

Honestly speaking, I think it's a very interesting idea. I'm sure a lot of people have tried 3 in mid before but I don't think anyone has thought of it as in depth as they have. I am going to take their analysis with a grain of salt, but I would very much like to try it out a few times. It would at least be a nice change from the super slow paced regular LoL.

Interesting. I would like to try this out. (on my smurf account first though :D)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 02, 2011, 01:45:55 pm »

A couple interesting ones I've seen.

A friend of mine played against a team once that took 4 support characters and warwick.  Everyone took rally.  Apparently, rally stacks.  They went mid right away, forcing an early team fight.  As soon as team fight began, they would cover the area in rally and keep warwick healed, who would be super boosted and rip through everyone like wet paper.  That Warwick gained momentum so fast that there was nothing they could do about it.

I saw a video where everyone took teleport and spent all of their money on wards.  One guy ran forward immediately and placed a ward in range of first mid-tower.  All of his teammates teleported to it and immediately placed their wards.  They began attacking that first tower like 15 seconds into the game.  Killed it before it could work through all the wards, and ran away just as the other team was getting there.  Minions hadn't even spawned.  They were caught so wtf off guard, it was priceless.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 02, 2011, 04:12:35 pm »

ESL is on.

Yesterday CLG beat LowELO in the two games hotshotgg didn't pick stupid malzahar, altough elementz was derp during all games.

Anyway whoever's streaming is doing it horribly wrong because the framerate is horrifying.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:15:50 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 02, 2011, 04:44:18 pm »

tri lanes, on the side lanes, are the most common and effective strategy in HoN and Dota, the main reason for that is that the tri lanes usually consist of 2 babysitters and 1 carry, the 2 babysitters just try to harras and get out of xp range, while the carry get all the last hits perfectly (as he has no interruptions from the other team) as well as the xp, and if the other team tries to get some last hits, they are immediately being ganked. however, in LoL, because there is no denying, everyone has flash from level one, spell casting champions scale better, the xp range is larger and its harder to keep the creeps on your side, the loss of xp can actually make it a very bad situation where you have 3 underleveled champions and the risk for the other 2 is minimal as they can just flash out in any sight of danger.

infact, in lol, id say that a good and organised team would laugh at tri lanes and instead of getting pushed and zoned out would just wait in xp range, tick their gold up with gold items and just gank the hell out of that tri lane. even in Dota/HoN it has been established that a roaming strategy is much more effective than a pushing one. there are differences in LoL, which may benefit pushing teams, i dont know, i havent tried it nor seen it happens effectively, but in my opinion the only reason such a team won is because of the surprise factor and the inability of the other team to react to a new situation they havent encountered before.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: April 02, 2011, 10:01:49 pm »

13/3/16 When built as a Sion AP Tank.  That's pretty fucking epic imo.  I wish I could show you some of the amazing escapes I made with the Guardian Angel revive and such, but it just wasn't meant to be I'm afraid.  On that note, yes I know the last item really doesn't fit into the build, but I wanted both damage and armor to help deal with Warwick who was (for a while at least) recovering HP as fast as I was knocking it off of him resulting in a sort of stalemate until team-mates intervened.

You may be wondering how the game lasted that long when we had so many more kills than the other team. . . I have no idea why it took that long, my guess is the other team was much more organized, our team mostly communicated by pinging, but as I said, it's just a guess.  I think this has to be my best game ever.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 02, 2011, 10:37:42 pm »

www.leaguereplays.com

Since apparently you dudes don't already know.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 02, 2011, 10:52:54 pm »

Already knew about the replay app, its ironic some players can get togheder and do something that works so well and riot hasn't been able to do anything similar.

Also, >mfw 3 dancer warwick, double dancer katarina.

Enemy team was too terrible to call it a good game.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 02, 2011, 11:00:24 pm »

13/3/16 When built as a Sion AP Tank.  That's pretty fucking epic imo.  I wish I could show you some of the amazing escapes I made with the Guardian Angel revive and such, but it just wasn't meant to be I'm afraid.  On that note, yes I know the last item really doesn't fit into the build, but I wanted both damage and armor to help deal with Warwick who was (for a while at least) recovering HP as fast as I was knocking it off of him resulting in a sort of stalemate until team-mates intervened.

You may be wondering how the game lasted that long when we had so many more kills than the other team. . . I have no idea why it took that long, my guess is the other team was much more organized, our team mostly communicated by pinging, but as I said, it's just a guess.  I think this has to be my best game ever.

What was your build with him?
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 02, 2011, 11:08:45 pm »

Lich Bane, Mercury's Treads, Guardian Angel, Rabadon's Deathcap, Banshee's Veil, then the Armor+Attack Damage item that I don't normally use.  Only thing I remember about it is 2% of your max health becomes attack damage.  It's pretty cool.

Already knew about the replay app, its ironic some players can get togheder and do something that works so well and riot hasn't been able to do anything similar.

Also, >mfw 3 dancer warwick, double dancer katarina.

Enemy team was too terrible to call it a good game.

Well, it was basically me and Olaf carrying the whole team, if we were around then the rest of the team did alright, if we weren't around then the rest of the team suffered badly.  It may not have been a "good game" especially for players in the lvl 30 range, but at lvl 16, I'll take it with a smile as it's a win, and it's better than the alternative.  I just wanted to share my accomplishment of getting a good score.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:11:55 pm by V-Norrec »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: April 02, 2011, 11:11:01 pm »

Me thinks you should've taken banshee's veil and frozen heart instead of atma's and guardian angel. More expensive but far more useful to ap sion.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: April 02, 2011, 11:17:33 pm »

Me thinks you should've taken banshee's veil and frozen heart instead of atma's and guardian angel. More expensive but far more useful to ap sion.

Already had Banshee's dood.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: April 03, 2011, 12:46:19 am »

O sorry~

Also, I sorta just wanted to share this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was the first time I heard the announcer say PENTAKILLLLL on one of my games.
It was so weird, I didn't even see it comming. We were at the enemy nexus after we killed them in a teamfight. Only garen was left, so after his turret goes now I dive in and start shooting him while black cleaver tore his armor away, and eventualy got a kill. Then they started spawning one by one, and since rammus was at 30% health, they started rushing him since there were only me and him at the base. So I basicaly just shot them to death, first garen, then vlad, then nocturne, then karma and finally irelia. I almost didn't get karma, I slowed her while she got into her fountain's heal but my crits got her. After I killed Irelia I heard a huge PENTAKILLLL and was like, lolwut?

Edit: Oh wait, I lie. I once heard ENEMY PENTAKILL on a BRAVERY game I did with naxza and his buddies. Phear the leviathan sword of the occult mejais renekton.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:50:03 am by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: April 03, 2011, 01:00:41 am »

Dakk, any chance of you posting a replay of you playing Twitch? I'm very interested.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: April 03, 2011, 01:33:54 am »

Is it possible to pick them up after the match happened? I never really used the replay app since I never thought of my games as anything epic.

EDIT: Ehhh apparently not.

To be honest it wasnt that impressive, they just kept comming one after the other and I just kept shooting.

Unless you mean any replay, which I can do, hopefuly, since I play LoL on a lame ass laptop, so if it doesn't lag me up badly, I'll do it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:39:53 am by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 165