Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165382 times)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1035 on: March 04, 2011, 11:05:14 am »

I went up against an all tank team once. My team was a proper team comp.

We kicked their butts hard. They couldn't kill any of us, even our squishies, because they didn't have enough damage. When they grouped up an tried to push a tower we CCed and focused them down one by one, and they couldn't do anything.

Tanky-DPS teams are powerful. Tank-tank teams suck.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1036 on: March 04, 2011, 11:09:55 am »

I went up against an all tank team once. My team was a proper team comp.

We kicked their butts hard. They couldn't kill any of us, even our squishies, because they didn't have enough damage. When they grouped up an tried to push a tower we CCed and focused them down one by one, and they couldn't do anything.

Tanky-DPS teams are powerful. Tank-tank teams suck.

The game I played in had Garen, Nasus, Morde (me), Malphite and Amumu.
Garen has already good dmg, plus his ultimate is really strong. Nasus also has godlike dmg in teamfights. Morde naturally deals more damage than he soaks it without shield counted in, Malphite stacks armor and he kills people like it is his dayjob. Amumu cries, and look, enemies lose health every second.

They had about twice the kills to us, but we still won by far.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 04, 2011, 11:15:49 am »

Yeah, Garen+Morde ult and you have yourself an enemy carry, malph is a great initiator and has great damage, rammus could also easily take care of their carries and towers and just for lulz we could take taric and be completley unkillable with him and zilean :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 04, 2011, 11:55:34 am »

I can do Mundo, Sion, Taric and Cho'Gath. Altough I dont build mundo full tank, I just get him a warmogs and a spirit visage (mundo is one of the few champions that can use both to their full potential), then an atma's as core items, after that I follow with whatever's more appropriate, either more tankyness or more damage. I also don't build taric as a tank anymore either, I build AP taric due to the sheer ridiculousness of his heals and even damage with spells, same with Sion. Cho'Gath is the only one I build tanky all the time because, well, he's cho, he's just that awesome.

I'm still only level 23 though, I need to start playing more again.

EDIT: Oh yea, I'm also a pretty decent Nasus, altough I never build him full tank, thats just a waste, I get a doran's shield, aegis of legion, sheen > turn sheen into trinity force, then build him according to whats needed after.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:59:13 am by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1039 on: March 04, 2011, 01:57:44 pm »

A full tank Nasus is quite good, he still packs a punch with his Q and ulti. I don't play him though, I suck as the curator of the sands.
I can however play Gragas, Rammus, Mordekaiser, Mundomaister or Zilean.

EDIT: Also my Urgot montage is coming up. I don't think there are many videos of him out there. Hopefully not.
EDIT NUMMER TVÅ: Urgotage is done, and should be in Youtube now. CLick the link to watch it if you want to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OrHQ-9jmgo
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:43:00 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 04, 2011, 03:40:47 pm »

His ultimate's damage is a bit negligible by the endgame (unless you have tons of health), and there's a fair difference between hurting and crushing faces with Q. The sheen proc in trin force can be used with his Q to devastating results. Also it turns him into an even scarier pusher. If it crits then the damage goes through the roof. I remember insta-killing a careless Kass using a single Q that critted + trin force effect, he had over 850 health when I hit him. I have to admit though, his ultimate is just op early-mid game since people won't usualy have the damage to take you on or a full team to focus you, combined with W he does tons of damage.

The tradeoff is that he's not nearly as tanky in the first half of the game, so it can be dangerous if the enemy is super harassy. Nasus desperately needs to last hit minions with Q for a long time for it to have any use later. If the game doesn't end early you can build him tanky and basicaly have a tank that hits for 600~700 ever 3 seconds (depending on how much cdr you have), to nearly 900 with crits, considering you're hitting someone with no armor items.

Anyway, if you're still doing this, might consider sending Cho to mid, since he's basicaly the best early-mid game 1 on 1 champion ever, he won't exactly carry your team, but a good Cho on mid lane will assure you that mid will never ever get pushed unless the enemy team pulls a massive gank on him. He can just buy catalyst and sit in his lane omnomnoming things while the underfed enemy carry cries.

EDIT: Oh wait, I misinterpretated Nasus's ultimate, it scales off enemy health instead of his, awww.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:58:14 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 04, 2011, 04:00:44 pm »

Urgot vid isn't bad, 'cept for the framerate issues. Not sure whose fault those are, though.

Mindmaker, trying to help you is a waste of my time, evidently, so I'm just going to stop.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1042 on: March 04, 2011, 04:21:13 pm »

Urgot vid isn't bad, 'cept for the framerate issues. Not sure whose fault those are, though.

Mindmaker, trying to help you is a waste of my time, evidently, so I'm just going to stop.

Those? My wallet's fault.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 04, 2011, 04:34:32 pm »

Nasus has become suprisingly fun.
Either there were some major changes, or I simply suck less now.

Pandar, I never asked for any 'help'. But yes, further discussion is pointless, since you're not even considering my method (based on the highest rated olaf guide by the way).

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 04, 2011, 04:52:19 pm »

Me thinks the only major change to him is that his Q gains 3 instead of 2 damage on every kill, so it gets powerful considerably faster now.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 04, 2011, 05:03:57 pm »

Me thinks the only major change to him is that his Q gains 3 instead of 2 damage on every kill, so it gets powerful considerably faster now.

When did this happen?  I need to try him again now.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 04, 2011, 05:05:41 pm »

Yeah, I noticed.
You can take a lot of punishment and still make huge chunks of health disappear, if farmed properly.

If I manage to play well with him for some more games, he might become my favorite hybrid.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #1047 on: March 04, 2011, 05:24:09 pm »

When did this happen?  I need to try him again now.

Happened a few patches back.

So, just finished up a crazy game. We didn't do so great early and things were looking bleak. I ended up being the deciding vote on a surrender, and contemplated it for nearly the whole 30 second timer before deciding we could win the game if we did things right.

Turns out I was right.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teamfight after teamfight. Ace after ace. Back and forth. I pulled off so many flash ults, failed some, succeeded at others. Apart from Blitz (who, very late game, was one of their squishier characters) the enemy team was totally AD, so I had the strangest Galio build I have ever built. Galio excells against AP teams due to his passive. I think I proved that he is still a great armor tank when needed :)

Man, that was a great game.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 04, 2011, 05:32:43 pm »

So i had a rather sweet game earlier, i was going with my firend, he played Jax, while i played Mordekaiser.We had trundle as a jungler while they had Nunu, we also had a Shaco who was rather drifty, just going around killing people, they had a feeding Twitch and someone else i don't remember now.Anyway it was a very one-sided battle that lasted for an hour, mainly because we were just screwing around for the last 20 minutes, i got myself 3 bloodthirsters and proceeded to Q away half of any enemies health then finish them off with anything else i had, then it turned into a competition between me and my mate, who would have more damage, i won with some 420-ish damage while he only approached 400 :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 04, 2011, 05:49:26 pm »

I'm looking for an excuse to use tiamat. It seems like it would be specialy hilarious on trynd, imagine his huge crits splashing around for AoE damage.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 165