Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165198 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #750 on: February 19, 2011, 02:55:29 pm »

Well, I tend to try push down towers quickly as Cassiopeia, since she can farm effectively but not too good at killing enemies.
Sure, she will be helpful, but I'd rather win the game quick than stall it.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 19, 2011, 03:39:28 pm »

Wait, Dakk, I just came by a own3d channel with your name on it, literally.

Coincidence or is it actually you?

EDIT: If yes, that must've been a really painful game. Good Sona-ing though.

Not me, Dakk was already taken before I joined LoL, for some reason, my old account is TehDakk and my current one is RRRLLLSSHRRRUUU
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 19, 2011, 03:57:59 pm »

Just played a game with 2 instalocking carries, another carry for a good measure and 2 supports. No tank.
Enemy team had clairvoyances and a jungler and a tank.

Needless to say we lost. Somehow the game was very fun regardless. Possibly due to of the Ashe who was an instalocker, died the most, and constantly raged. As an icing on the cake he DCd right before we lost. Very entertaining.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #753 on: February 19, 2011, 05:24:50 pm »

So I was feeling so exhausted I took a nap yesterday and woke up at 1 AM. At about 5:30 or so, I play a game of LoL....

Wow. Imagine if you had picked Galio.

INVINCIBLE HARBINGER OF DEATH!
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 19, 2011, 05:45:28 pm »

Don't you just love it when this happens?

Having a great game, pwning the enemy team. Then Swain fucks up and is completely out of position letting his entire team die. Then our Udyr starts flaming him. And our Tristana starts flaming him. So Swain rages and starts suicidng into the enemy team repeatedly leaving us to die a completely horrible death.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 19, 2011, 05:55:42 pm »

May be some sort of huge generalization, but I get the feeling people who play Swain aways tend to be very sensitive and if they fail they almost aways leave. This has happened 4 times now.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 19, 2011, 08:30:53 pm »

Phew, after dunno how many hundreds of hours of play. I think I've finally "beaten" the game by my standards. I have all the runes I really want. I have all the champions I'm interested in playing. And I have a positive win loss ratio.

Dunno what to do with the ip any more.

In my time of play, my mentality has went from "early game is more important, because securing a good early game means a guaranteed win" to "doesn't matter what happens in the early game, if we can't keep up the momentum or if our team comp has no late game champs, we will lose". I've gone from autoattacking scrub to a tryharding last-hits only and have finally settled on "bleh, don't really care about last hits..." My eyes are on the minimap and on other teammates more than they are on my own champion.

And finally, I think the most important change is that I've gone from "whoo, our teamcomp looks great we're going to win" to "bleh, we're gonna lose guaranteed...". Optimism is for the weak.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #757 on: February 19, 2011, 10:05:49 pm »

Phew, after dunno how many hundreds of hours of play. I think I've finally "beaten" the game by my standards. I have all the runes I really want. I have all the champions I'm interested in playing. And I have a positive win loss ratio.

Now you're ready to play ranked  :P
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 20, 2011, 12:07:32 am »

Now you're ready to play ranked  :P

This.

You haven't beaten them game until you beat everyone else. Then you retire as the best player ever XD.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 20, 2011, 02:24:38 am »

I'll play ranked the day I don't have to bother with the absolutely incompetent morons that exist at 1200 starting elo.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 20, 2011, 05:28:08 am »

I still find it funny how a team of tanky dps'es does better than a balanced team of squishies and tanks.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 20, 2011, 08:08:06 am »

I love how squishy ranged chars underestimate the range and damage of olafs axe.

1.) Harass enemy champion until they are near death
2.) Autohit minions, while aiming your Q-ability towards the enemy champion
3.) Watch low healt champion approach to harass you
4.) Throw axe
5.) ???
6.) Profit!

Works every time.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 20, 2011, 08:40:49 am »

I still find it funny how a team of tanky dps'es does better than a balanced team of squishies and tanks.

Ramtheon begs to differ.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 20, 2011, 11:43:35 am »

So I bought Urgot today. At first, I was like meh. Once I got a build figured out and got used to the character, I've come to enjoy it. And he still has oomph mid-late game!

I bought him a few days ago. He's really awesome, especially vs squishies. Once you get mananume, all of your attacks are completely spammable, but the enemy can't afford to be hit by even 1 grenade, or else you can get 3-4 acid hunters off on him if you're lucky, and that destroys someone during laning.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 20, 2011, 12:50:05 pm »

I have to admit that seeing you play urgot changed my views on him, alot of people play him well in the early game but end up sucking later on. Urgot is a weird character to build I guess. Laning as Taric with urgot early on is hilarious, the sinergy is great. Taric stuns, urgot deals stupid damage, people die. Even on our last game which went horribly wrong because of jungle pantheon it worked well enough to bring down vlad several times.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 165