Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165027 times)

Electronic Phantom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2010, 03:44:46 pm »

Heh.  I wasn't suggesting a static item build, janekk... far from it, as a matter of fact.  I was pointing out that the correct item build can give a substancial advantage.  That item build varies from game to game and by playstyle.  Personally, I tend to keep a pretty standard initial build for the champions I play.  This hasn't stopped me from, say, building Teemo (a fast stealth-DPS champ) as a tank on a whim.  It's amazing what a Frozen Mallet and a Warmog's Armor will do for one's survival rating.  There are a couple of champions that I keep a list around for (to refresh my memory more than anything), but they tend to be champions that I play on a whim.  Do keep in mind that I prefer tank champions, so the variance from one champion to the next is slim, at the very least.

However.

I did look at my post and I can see that it is a little confusing.  I'll try to break up my quoting in the future to avoid confusion.

I noticed that there were a few people griping about the persons who "leave", are abusive, go afk, etc.  They become markedly less numerous as one progresses to a higher summoner level.  They still are pretty common, but I'm hoping that the new rules in place will work to reduce their numbers.  If you run into somebody who is breaking the rules, keep in mind that there is a report system.  I dunno how well the in-game version works, but the report system from the website gets a pretty fast response.  :D  Or, at least, a canned response.

-(e)EP

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2010, 04:57:08 pm »

It seems we misunderstood each other on what "item build" is. I was referring to guides in which you just get set of items to build on a champion in certain order (though there are guides which offer some options but these are rather rare) and I have a bad habit of taking "mental shortcuts" ... damn its hard to go into complex stuff when you are not native speaker  ::), well lets say I thought about something but in the end I didn't write it properly so all that was left was something ambiguous that seems fine to me since I know what I'm talking about and that's because I was too absorbed in thinking about subject or something like that >_>, I do that often, I also space out often, do I sound weird?  :D

Well let me clear it up a bit.
Quote from: Me, I and Myself
At first sticking to good build may be good but this isn't really effective in longer run. Instead you should learn what items are effective on your champion and then buy what you need at the moment

Translation from me to English:

If you want to become good player you need to be flexible and adapt to your enemies meaning "longer run" doesn't apply to single match.

Well that's pretty much what I meant with addition (that seemed obvious to me so I didn't wrote it) that you need to be smart about it and not just rush expensive magic resistance item because enemy team has mages instead of getting some basic items that make your champion work at all since these are items you need at start of game.

Anyway I wasn't exactly clear myself so that's probably what caused all this confusion. Sorry  :-[.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2010, 05:00:08 pm »

Meh I got it, without any problems, but I also tend to talk abstractly sometimes so maybe I can understand that sort of thing easier :D
Nom nom nom

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2010, 05:19:53 pm »

So items and heroes are clearly better than others. I don't know if it has been mentioned, but www.leaguecraft.com is a very good site to at least get an introduction into what ever hero you want to play.

I use guides a lot, but generally adapt them. Just curious, how many wins do you guys have total? I think I am pushing 300.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2010, 05:30:27 pm »

So items and heroes are clearly better than others.
I'm confused again  :o.

Leaguecraft is in op and it was mentioned in thread earlier.
I have something over 100 wins so nothing amazing. I haven't even reached level 30 yet.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2010, 06:11:05 pm »

ya I haven't run into ANY heros/items that are op, some are just easier to use/never seen so when someone does good with them everyone screams OP and rage quits....
Nom nom nom

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2010, 08:01:54 pm »

I started playing this with some friends of friends a few weeks back. I'm mostle playing Ashe now and I've been on the wrong end of Xin's spear quite a few times as well. There's quite a few enemies which gib her the instant she gets into range. Her unlimited range arrows are oodles of fun, though. SuperOwnage21 is the name. (yeah, really)
Benzene on steam.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2010, 05:07:01 am »

I started playing this with some friends of friends a few weeks back. I'm mostle playing Ashe now and I've been on the wrong end of Xin's spear quite a few times as well. There's quite a few enemies which gib her the instant she gets into range. Her unlimited range arrows are oodles of fun, though. SuperOwnage21 is the name. (yeah, really)

You forgot to mention which server.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2010, 05:52:42 am »

I unlocked Fiddlesticks. Gonna go junglesticks with him. Golem buff level 1, solo Dragon level 4  :P. Plus Crowstorm out of bush is always tons of fun and dead bodies.

Electronic Phantom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2010, 01:47:13 pm »

@ janekk: Heeee... welcome to the wonderful world of English: the language that doesn't mean what you think it means.  As to League, you've hit the nail on the head regarding items.

@Fikes: Some heroes are better at some things than others.  Ditto w/ items.

I'm currently playing around w/ Xin Zhao ( :D ) and I'm trying out Warwick.  I'm not very good w/ Warwick, but I'm doing okay w/ Xin Zhao.

-(e)EP

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2010, 02:04:06 pm »

I've started using the zombie dude with the axe, sion or slion or something I think his name is. At the moment I'm working on getting a good tank build for him, only just started experimenting with items that aren't the recommended ones. :P

Also: I can see why these types of games get such horrible communities around them. Nothings more annoying than sitting around for 20 minutes trying to get a game started only for someone to leave straight away. I'm not sure if it's more annoying if they leave before the match even starts, or if they leave 15 minutes in. Either way very annoying. :P

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2010, 02:19:35 pm »

Sion
There are two major ways to build him, ability power and relying on detonating shield for damage. Other which is harder is DPS with huge lifesteal. One thing I really like about Sion (other than his Q stun) is that with your E skill you can farm HP infinitely by killing creeps (thus if you are good at it you can get away without investing in HP items getting more dps and lifesteal instead). The thing is I was doing pretty badly with him so I gave up and moved on other champions  :-\.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2010, 02:36:30 pm »

At the moment I'm starting him off with one of the cheaper HP regen items so the E ability doesn't drain his health, then just going for hp+ items, usaully working towards the ice hammer thing (can't remember what it's called).

I never use his detonating shield, instead I try to get the E ability up as quick as possible so i get +3 hp per kill, and then the stun/damage ability to stop people just running away from me.

Seems to be working pretty well so far, though I'm still just doing practice mode since every time I try to find a ranked match someone quits at character selection.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2010, 03:17:08 pm »

every time I try to find a ranked match someone quits at character selection.
It wasn't ranked it was normal game (though it uses matchmaking and separate ELO score, ranked is available when you reach level 30) and DON'T DO THAT yourself. Since season one leaving at champion select (because your champion is already taken, you don't like team comp etc.) in normal and ranked games counts as leave, if you will get too many leaves you may be banned (and if your leave count is high enough it will be displayed for everyone to see).

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2010, 05:02:49 pm »

I really should avoid playing solo ranked, if I don't play some game breaking carry...

Well I had some good games with Amumu and I have to say I never expected him to turn out to be that much fun.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 165