Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Singularity - Post-apocalyptic RTD - Turn 3  (Read 4649 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Singularity - Post-apocalyptic RTD - Turn 1
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 06:43:12 pm »

"Now, you boys wouldn't be looking to make trouble, are ya?" Para says as he starts backing towards the middle of the box, "It'd be more trouble than yer looking for, I can assure ya."

If they leave me alone I head for the center of the box again.

If they go after me I take off running, reach in my pocket and swallow the pill. They can't steal it if I take it.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 06:54:24 pm »

Completely ignore the food and drink. Just to annoy the AI.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 07:15:07 pm »

Side A and Side B are ~2kilometers apart, so travelling there is not a free action. The metal box is huge. If you want, you can revise your action; otherwise I'll have you sprint to the other side and talk to them.

I've added a locations section to the previous turn, hopefully to clarify things a bit.
I'll sprint there first then.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 07:59:20 pm »

What about me? :P I'm on my own here. I don't wanna get mobbed, but do what you want.

I don't think I have the guts to go over there and take that poor man's ration. He looks downright pitiful. I don't notice the commotion going on over at side B, so I just sit down against the wall and eat my food ration. This is hell, in the purest sense of the word.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 06:56:48 pm »

Uh, guys?

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 11:21:25 pm »

Waiting on Batista and wolfchild. I'll update ~18 hours from now, regardless of whether they post or not.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 11:25:00 pm »

wait, i didn't realize i was in, sorry, i head to the water, getting as much as i can carry
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 10:04:24 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls & Actions (click to show/hide)

Turn 2

Tarran, holding together decidedly well given the situation, sprints off toward the opposite side. Some apathetic glances are drawn to his strange behaviour. He makes it to the center before stopping for a brief respite, catching his breath. In the distance he can barely see two large figures; they seem to be surrounding someone.

Sargoth, meanwhile, is in complete control of the situation. Gripping the sharp piece of metal tightly, he persuades the larger men to back away.
"You aren't lookin' for trouble, are ya? I got my water fair 'n square."
The would-be thugs part, letting Sargoth pass by unscathed, deciding that he's more trouble than his water's worth. On his way back to the center, he steals a short glance back toward Side B. A different figure is being cornered by the two men. Seems that Sargoth merely managed to deflect their attention to someone else.

Meanwhile, Kenton poses a question to the group collected at the center.
"I assume you all have the same plan as me?"
"I'm not going to take any of that damn AI's food or drink. I refuse to play this stupid game,"

...or so he says, but his hunger and thirst refuse to be so easily subdued. His stomach lets out a slight growl, and Tarran shoots him a cold glare. Everyone around him feels a little hungrier.

Nimitz rests against the cool metal wall, digging out his concentrated food ration and popping it into his mouth. Blech. It starts to dissolve, leaving behind a sticky residue. With some difficulty, he forces the residue down his throat. On its way down, it passes through his dehydrated esophagus and in a fit he nearly coughs it back up. After a minute, his hunger fades away, leaving behind only an unrelenting thirst.

Sam jogs off toward Side B, intending to load up on water rations. In his haste, however, he fails to notice the gaping hole in his brilliant plan. Namely, that there are only 6 water capsules and they've all most likely been claimed. Just as he reaches the pedestals and realizes his silly mistake, he notices the badly beaten man lying on the floor, his eyes empty and blood trickling from nose and mouth. From behind, Sam hears the cracking of knuckles...

Suddenly, a familiar electronic tone is heard and a human-sounding voice floods the room once again.
"I'm glad you've all chosen sides. It's about time to begin the second half of this event!"
With a clang, metal separators fall from the ceiling, sectioning the box off into five areas.
"It's quite simple, really. For every human you knock unconscious, you will accrue 100 DomePoints! Once this event is over, you can exchange them for vital necessities such as food and water. The people in your compartment are going to be your teammates. Knocking them out or killing them will not accrue DomePoints, and indeed, it may prove to be rather disadvantageous. One last thing: The team with the fewest total DomePoints at the end of the event will be eliminated! Have fun!"
The compartments return to their usual silence as their occupants share a weary sigh.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

A bit late. Further updates will hopefully be on time more often.

Just a quick foreword: This early section is intended to introduce the battle mechanics (which differ slightly from your typical RTD); you'll be free to roam the world and do whatever soon, assuming you don't die a horrible death. Which, well, at least one of you will.

I'll write a post soon sometime between Friday and Monday describing exactly how combat will work, though I'll still be tweaking it as we go, as it's probably horribly broken right now. The exact skills system is still under development (I'll probably have a placeholder in by the next update) and expect to have more 'traits' added too.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Singularity - Post-apocalyptic RTD - Turn 2
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 10:11:17 pm »

i try to convice the person cracking his knuckles that we need to work together or were all dead.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 10:17:35 pm »

"This is not going to be fun, I know it."

I walk west slowly, ready for anything.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 10:19:49 pm »

You fools, you left me here! D:<

Oh no. Starvation and dehydration, I can deal with...but killing someone? The very thought of it disturbs me...but I have no choice. I just hope these people aren't planning on purposely getting themselves killed in this. That would put me in a bind for sure. I will try to convince my "teammates" to give it their all.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 10:24:12 pm »

(You only have to knock someone out yourself, but I have no idea what the AI means by "eliminated".)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 10:27:03 pm »

(You only have to knock someone out yourself, but I have no idea what the AI means by "eliminated".)

Just a quick foreword: This early section is intended to introduce the battle mechanics (which differ slightly from your typical RTD); you'll be free to roam the world and do whatever soon, assuming you don't die a horrible death. Which, well, at least one of you will.

I think the AI means killed

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 10:28:32 pm »

Aw crap.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 11:27:27 pm »

Well, this is a little too straightforward to have a loophole... Organize the group into a circular formation, so that no one can hit any of our backs.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 [2] 3