Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Singularity - Post-apocalyptic RTD - Turn 3  (Read 4650 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Singularity - Post-apocalyptic RTD - Turn 2
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 08:28:56 am »

Tarran, the sections are walled off right now.

I go ahead and take my water pill. Then I look to the others, "We'll have to work together. I suggest we form into two person teams and fight together. Also being at the center, we should head in one direction or another, so we confront one side at a time and not both at once."
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 04:19:27 pm »

Tarran, the sections are walled off right now.
What does it matter? I can take on the wall myself!

...Alright, change my action to standing around like an idiot.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 02:38:53 pm »

I go ahead and take my water pill. Then I look to the others, "We'll have to work together. I suggest we form into two person teams and fight together. Also being at the center, we should head in one direction or another, so we confront one side at a time and not both at once."

"Either way we're in disadvantage anyway, there's less of us and if we manage to knock one group out, we won't stand a chance against the other one, we have to make them fight eachother. I suggest we wait here and rest until they get here, then we sprint away and let them fight eachother, they will be too tired to chase us and if they do they will be too exausted to fight."

[TRAIT] "Then, when they're busy fighting eachother, we charge from behind one of the groups and start punching necks to knock out as many as possible, I really don't care if we don't fair-play, as long as we survive."

I wait in the middle, conserving my energies.

((Sorry I thought this was dead, I hadn't seen the thread in a few days))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:49:10 pm by Batista »

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 06:23:27 pm »

I was about to off your character, so excellent timing. I'll update ~10-12 hours from now.

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 07:48:47 am »

Spoiler: Rolls & Actions (click to show/hide)

Turn 3

Tarran taps his foot impatiently, glancing around. He looks extraordinarily foolish, but you daren't say it.
"This isn't going to be fun, I know it."
"Cut the idle talk, we need to think how best to survive. I say we —" Sargoth is cut off by Kenton.
"Form up into a circle. We can't expose our backs to our enemies, otherwise we'll be at a significant tactical disadvantage."
The group follows Kenton's instructions like soldiers, to Sargoth's chagrin. While stepping into formation, he fishes his water pill from his pocket and pops it into his mouth. The capsule breaks open, and his mouth's mucous membrane absorbs the sweet gel. Ah, immediate relief!

Sam, meanwhile, is considerably worse off.
"Listen, guys. If we don't work together, we're screwed. We need a plan if we're going to stand a chance."
Muscles nods his head slightly, and for the first time Sam gets a good look at him. {NPCs section updated}
After a long silence, he utters three words: "You take point."
Ushered forth by Muscles and his buddy, Sam begins to make his way to the center. The metal dividers retract into the box's structure and the path is cleared; soon Kenton's group is well within sight. They seem to be holding their formation...

"Listen, we have the highest chance of survival. We can overpower the others with sheer numbers if need be."

Nimitz begins to rally his teammates and is quickly appointed a makeshift leader.
"We'll wait here for the other two groups to fight it out amongst each other, then we'll sweep in and take out whoever's left. Rest up while there's still time."
The haggard survivors nod in agreement, grouping around Nimitz. Their hopes were once broken, but his words seem to have kindled a new flame.

Batista adopts Kenton's battle plan without hesitation. He tries to calm himself down, but his blood won't stop pumping -- he's getting excited! This next battle will be fun, he's sure of it.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Anyway, what it boils down to:

You have three points to spend per turn in combat. You can:
Attack (1 point)
Dodge/Defend (2 points)
Other action (3 points) - bandaging and the like

So you could Attack & Dodge, Attack x3, or Bandage someone.

You can be more specific with your attacks. Attack <target's> <body part> for instance. "Punch Lysander in the face repeatedly"x3
 Grabbing, pushing, and shoving are also valid actions, which cost one point each. So grab your opponent, kick him to the ground, and stab him or something. A {1} on your grab roll will result in a reversal; bad for you. Standing up costs a point. Laying on the ground confers a ridiculous to hit and damage penalty, so it's best to avoid that.

As for guns and the like, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Or maybe we won't, depending on how horribly broken this system is.

Spoiler: misc (click to show/hide)

Also of note: eating/drinking/standing around have, as of this round, been demoted to free actions. Because choking on your food, while hilarious, is kind of not that great.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:53:22 am by Nolor »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Singularity - Post-apocalyptic RTD - Turn 3
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2010, 08:49:05 am »

Inform my team that we must be aggresive because if we get too few KOs, even if we suffer none oureslves, we are screwed, in response to my own advise i chage the group in the centre, making sure muscles is just beside me as i charge i shout "focus on one at a time"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2010, 12:21:33 pm »

So, left or right guys?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 12:56:11 pm »

keep in formation while slowly moving to the right, then attack x 3.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 02:18:53 pm »

Walk right, dodging any attacks against me.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2010, 08:25:11 pm »

Wait, I suppose, and Attck with all three actions when the time comes.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nimitz

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Close
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 10:14:06 pm »

Now that I've rallied my new friends, I will tell them attack in groups of two and try to subdue their opponents as quickly as possible. I will group up with the one who doesn't have a partner and do my part for my team.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2010, 11:55:34 am »

Batista adopts Kenton's battle plan without hesitation. He tries to calm himself down, but his blood won't stop pumping -- he's getting excited!

I'm a Psycopath, I'm overly objective, I don't feel emotions, I do understand the concept though.

You get 3 combat 'points' per turn (Batista has 4, due to his {6} roll).

Does this apply always or just this turn?

keep in formation while slowly moving to the right, then attack x 3.

I shall do this aswell, the only difference is x4 instead of x3

I make someone trip (x1), then attack him (x3) while he's on the floor.

"Also guys, if we can, we should try to drag a single guy away from the battle and KO him, the four of us."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 12:02:39 pm by Batista »

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 06:06:52 pm »

Batista adopts Kenton's battle plan without hesitation. He tries to calm himself down, but his blood won't stop pumping -- he's getting excited!

I'm a Psycopath, I'm overly objective, I don't feel emotions, I do understand the concept though.

You get 3 combat 'points' per turn (Batista has 4, due to his {6} roll).

Does this apply always or just this turn?
Epinephrine still affects you; heart rate increases, added confidence, etc.

It'll apply until 'combat' is over. Once you're in a normal situation again, it'll fade away.

Turn coming in 6-10 hours.
Pages: 1 2 [3]