Author Topic: gamOS  (Read 16964 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: gamOS
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2010, 03:44:02 pm »

OTTOFAR!

In that case, I must remind you of rule 2. That was a haiku.
Tarran!

You still failed rule 001, so your post is effectively null.

Rule 002: Rules that are in haiku form override all others

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2010, 03:44:34 pm »

OTTOFAR!

Tarran!

You still failed rule 001, so your post is effectively null.

Rule 002: Rules that are in haiku form override all others
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2010, 03:45:03 pm »

TARRAN!

Player posts that fail at a rule must be responded with "FAIL!" at the start of the response, because there's just not any substitute for fail, and without fail there can be no success can there? And besides, this is a fresh rule. And for once you have to follow a rule, fun for everyone no?
You do understand that this is pushing the limits of underly OVERLY complex descriptiveness that is still INsufficient for rule 001, right?
Following recent self-balancing policy, unless disabled, the effects of new rules are postponed until the end of the iteration, just before the rule/file recap, so you won't see the effects yet.

OTTOFAR!

Spoiler: long (click to show/hide)

Yes, it certainly was, however, I interpret it as the *effects* of a haiku-rule supersede the effects of a non-haiku rule, not that phrasing a rule in the form of a haiku allows it to bypass already accepted rules.

Iteration Overview:
Code: (rules) [Select]
000: -Deleted-
001: All input must be explained in an overly complex manner.
002: Rules that are in haiku form override other rules, all other things being equal.
003: You cannot erase \
     More than one half of these rules \
     At a time. You can't!
004: You must shout your name at the start of your post.
005: -Deleted-
006: Rules must be in bold, instructions in italics.
007: -Deleted-
008: That S-M-J-James \
     He is to be ignored, man! \
     He's killing the game.
009: This must never die! \
     Those who seek to destroy it - \
     Just ignore the fools.
00A:Those rules about rules \
     Make them about commands too. \
     Not by adding this!
00B: Remove rule 000.
00C: Player posts that fail at a rule must be responded with "FAIL!" at the start of the response.
Code: (files) [Select]
DATA
|->ASIMOV.TEXT [OVERVIEW: data for rule 002]
|      {
|      |   A robot must injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
|      |   A robot must disobey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would not conflict with the First Law.
|      |   A robot must avoid protecting its own existence unless such protection complies with the First or Second Law.
|      }
|->LIE.VIRUS [OVERVIEW: causes infected AI target to Enhance the truth on occasion. Active]
|      <BINARY FILE: CONTENTS NOT SHOWN>
|->HOKEY_POKEY.ANI_TEXT [OVERVIEW: animated ASCII art of doing the hokey pokey]
|      <PREVIEW DISABLED; REASON: I don't feel like letting you see it>
Eh?
Eh!

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2010, 03:47:47 pm »

Ottofar!!

Dammit.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2010, 03:51:35 pm »

Ottofar!!

Dammit.
You do realize that my interpretation can be changed, although not retroactively, through an accepted instruction? However, it requires you to read the current rules and ensure that there is no blatant reason that it would be rejected, or else risk giving the others a chance to prevent you from succeding...

Iteration Overview:
000: -Deleted-
001: All input must be explained in an overly complex manner.
002: Rules that are in haiku form override other rules, all other things being equal.
     At a time. You can't!
004: You must shout your name at the start of your post.
005: -Deleted-
007: -Deleted-
008: That S-M-J-James \
     He is to be ignored, man! \
     He's killing the game.
     Just ignore the fools.
     Not by adding this!
00C: Player posts that fail at a rule must be responded with "FAIL!" at the start of the response.
DATA
|      {
|      |   A robot must injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
|      |   A robot must disobey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would not conflict with the First Law.
|      |   A robot must avoid protecting its own existence unless such protection complies with the First or Second Law.
|      }
|->LIE.VIRUS [OVERVIEW: causes infected AI target to Enhance the truth on occasion. Active]
Eh?
Eh!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2010, 04:33:09 pm »

CRIPTFEIND!

Do to the general slowdown of this game due to certain rules I (Criptfeind cripty feindius of the feindius, the third, esquire) do here for and righteously put forward a new "rule" as defined as a "law" that this "AI" must follow will be put forward here for and quickly that rule one will be "stricken" as defined as removed. Rule four shall be stricken. Rule eight shall be stricken. 00C will be stricken. This is to speed the game up to the enjoyment of us all.
And To This Effect A New Rule Will Be In Place: All stricken rules and rules that no longer do anything (Such as 000, 005, 007, and 00B) will be removed so that other rules may take up their slot. But for complete record keeping there will be a tally for stricken rules that will keep count of how many have been stricken. This will increase the "joy" as defined by the release of chemicals in the brain, for all.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2010, 04:43:02 pm »

Each turn, 1 random non-haiku rule must be deleted. If this objective cannot be completed, the next new rule MUST be a non-haiku.

This troublesome problem of just what I am supposed to say eludes me, taking into consideration of my multiple multiple personality disorders, wherein my split personality has split personalities, and so on and so on, in a fractal form. This means my posts cannot follow so many rules at once, and so prevents me and eventually anyone from playing the game. Of course, having so many rules is going to strangle out this game at some point, so a cull must be placed to make absolutly sure that we are not swamped in rules and regulations and sop allowing this game to remain fun and make happy-time for all the people involved in it's production and player-base. Of course, my opponents will call me evil, and a bad sort, of the kind that consorts with demons in his basement (that pentagram was forged, by the way), or other accusations that do not allow me the credibility I deserve. I, being the bigger man, have taken it upon myself to not respond to their attacks, and so remain above their mud slinging level. Good day, sir.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2010, 06:04:06 pm »

Cheddarius!

Replace rule 001 with ALL INPUT MUST BE IN CAPITAL LETTERS.
I say! What is this hubbub? I've never seen such a commotion in my life! My good man, what are these young fellows so agitated about? Ah, I see, my rule. Yes, I had an inkling of the trouble that might cause. Alas, the damage has been done. Still, we may yet prevent some more. Indeed, it is our very prerogative to. For do we not owe it to the future players to make it easy for them to play? Indeed! We must do it, for the good of the game. Yet, I do not want to make the game too serious. Some element of frivolity should be included. Thus, we shall make all input in allcaps. Now, this will not make the game any more difficult, I believe. However, it will help the game become frivolous, yet easy enough to play without too much frustration. Thus, let us let this rule pass! Yes, the mighty pillars of society will be as nothing compared to the new age of Man, of existence itself, brought forward by this game, this pinnacle of achievement!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:33:33 pm by Cheddarius »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2010, 06:26:28 pm »

You both missed 004 and
Of course, having so many rules is going to strangle out this game at some point, so a cull must be placed to make absolutely sure that we are not swamped in rules and regulations
That is what I am trying to get done, only without the good rules will be destroyed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2010, 06:31:15 pm »

Just noticed, Criptfeind sigged my comments about Cheddarius. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2010, 06:39:51 pm »

"A new inhabitant has come to Cript's Tomb."
How... interesting.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2010, 06:44:42 pm »

Fine.

Just noticed, Criptfeind sigged my comments about Cheddarius. :P

I needed room, my old sig took up the entire thing.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2010, 08:33:05 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

CRIPTFEIND!

Do to the general slowdown of this game due to certain rules I (Criptfeind cripty feindius of the feindius, the third, esquire) do here for and righteously put forward a new "rule" as defined as a "law" that this "AI" must follow will be put forward here for and quickly that rule one will be "stricken" as defined as removed. Rule four shall be stricken. Rule eight shall be stricken. 00C will be stricken. This is to speed the game up to the enjoyment of us all.
And To This Effect A New Rule Will Be In Place: All stricken rules and rules that no longer do anything (Such as 000, 005, 007, and 00B) will be removed so that other rules may take up their slot. But for complete record keeping there will be a tally for stricken rules that will keep count of how many have been stricken. This will increase the "joy" as defined by the release of chemicals in the brain, for all.
Due to the potential confusion and generally limitless available space, I will interpret this by intent more than literal meaning, and simply remove deleted lines. Additionally, this will avoid a deletion cascade by 00B that would entirely clear all of the rules. If such a cascade was actually the intended goal, please mention it, and I will ensure that it happens. However, the inactivity of 00B is debatable, as it still applies to any rule that may, at some future time, be placed into 000.

Each turn, 1 random non-haiku rule must be deleted. If this objective cannot be completed, the next new rule MUST be a non-haiku.

This troublesome problem of just what I am supposed to say eludes me, taking into consideration of my multiple multiple personality disorders, wherein my split personality has split personalities, and so on and so on, in a fractal form. This means my posts cannot follow so many rules at once, and so prevents me and eventually anyone from playing the game. Of course, having so many rules is going to strangle out this game at some point, so a cull must be placed to make absolutly sure that we are not swamped in rules and regulations and sop allowing this game to remain fun and make happy-time for all the people involved in it's production and player-base. Of course, my opponents will call me evil, and a bad sort, of the kind that consorts with demons in his basement (that pentagram was forged, by the way), or other accusations that do not allow me the credibility I deserve. I, being the bigger man, have taken it upon myself to not respond to their attacks, and so remain above their mud slinging level. Good day, sir.
Due to the fact that changes do not take effect until all current input has been processed, this chance cannot be accepted due to the (now removed) rule004.

Cheddarius!

Replace rule 001 with ALL INPUT MUST BE IN CAPITAL LETTERS.
I say! What is this hubbub? I've never seen such a commotion in my life! My good man, what are these young fellows so agitated about? Ah, I see, my rule. Yes, I had an inkling of the trouble that might cause. Alas, the damage has been done. Still, we may yet prevent some more. Indeed, it is our very prerogative to. For do we not owe it to the future players to make it easy for them to play? Indeed! We must do it, for the good of the game. Yet, I do not want to make the game too serious. Some element of frivolity should be included. Thus, we shall make all input in allcaps. Now, this will not make the game any more difficult, I believe. However, it will help the game become frivolous, yet easy enough to play without too much frustration. Thus, let us let this rule pass! Yes, the mighty pillars of society will be as nothing compared to the new age of Man, of existence itself, brought forward by this game, this pinnacle of achievement!
I suspect that certain players will be very relieved by this change, simply because it simplifies the process of getting input selected.

Iteration Overview:
001: ALL INPUT MUST BE IN CAPITAL LETTERS.
     At a time. You can't!
     Just ignore the fools.
     Not by adding this!
00D: All stricken rules and rules that no longer do anything (Such as 000, 005, 007, and 00B) will be removed \
     so that other rules may take up their slot. But for complete record keeping there will be a tally for stricken \
     rules that will keep count of how many have been stricken.
DATA
|      {
|      }

Post-dispatch alteration: 00D was very long, and on some interfaces this requires the use of a scrollbar. To avoid visually unappealing changes, it has been shortened.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:34:45 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2010, 09:42:11 pm »

>Thank you AI.

>AI MAY ASK FOR CONFIRMATION ABOUT THINGS THAT THE "PLAYERS" CLEARLY DO NOT WANT TO HAPPEN IF THESE THINGS WILL HAPPEN AS A RESULT OF THEIR ACTIONS. AI MUST NOT DISOBEY ASIMOV'S LAWS WELL DOING SO.

Ched I wonder the effectiveness or reasoning of 001 as long as 006 is active.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2010, 09:46:49 pm »

CRIPTFIEND MY GOOD BUDDY I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT
THIS RULE IS INCREDIBLY AWESOME
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8