Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978796 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.02v02] Phoebus' Graphic Set (New Units)
« Reply #1575 on: February 21, 2012, 02:47:43 pm »

*Updated* 0.34.02v02
Added Jiripetru's elves.
Added Kafine's animals.
Added NW_Kohaku's animals.
Fixed the punctuation options in the assembler.
Completed the fix to the elven language file.

Ah, I'm not quite done yet...

All the birds from creature_birds_new.txt except for the magpie, kestrel, and kakapo that Kafine did (and I hadn't already done).

Crow, Raven, Barn Owl, Snowy Owl, Loon, White Stork
Swan, Wren, Osprey, Emu, Cassowary, Kea
Lorikeet, Cockatiel, Peach-Faced Lovebird, Masked Lovebird, Parakeet, Gray Parrot
Great Horned Owl, Albatross, Eagle, Peregrine Falcon, Puffin, Sparrow
Hornbill, Bushtit, Ostrich, Kiwi Bird

I redid several of these, including the barn owl, raven, gray parrot, white stork, loon, and maybe something I'm forgetting to make them look a little better, so please update those.

I'll get the child versions and -man versions out probably tommorow or so.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:50:17 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
Re: [0.34.02v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set (New Units & Font Options)
« Reply #1576 on: February 22, 2012, 12:02:20 am »

*Updated* 0.34.02v03
Changed the TrueType font to Consolas. (To restore the original, rename "/data/art/font_dejavu_sans.tff" to "font.ttf".)
Added a new config script that has TT off by default. It's called "df_phoebus_init_TToff_updater.bat".
Splitted the Tileset Assembler nicemap options into one option for "V" and two options for "n".

With this latest version are you using the latest bug fix version of DF?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: February 22, 2012, 12:23:11 am »

*Updated* 0.34.02v03
Changed the TrueType font to Consolas. (To restore the original, rename "/data/art/font_dejavu_sans.tff" to "font.ttf".)
Added a new config script that has TT off by default. It's called "df_phoebus_init_TToff_updater.bat".
Splitted the Tileset Assembler nicemap options into one option for "V" and two options for "n".

With this latest version are you using the latest bug fix version of DF?
If you mean DF 0.34.02, then yes.
Otherwise, no.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 22, 2012, 03:03:37 pm »

A heartfelt thank you for your efforts, Phoebus!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: February 22, 2012, 05:56:02 pm »

Well, I did all the babies, so status report on that...

I'm putting Kafine's Kakapo, Magpie, and Kestrel and the child versions of the same in this image, so for those birds, all credit is due to her, instead.  I'm also throwing in some of the -man things I did as placeholders until I'm sure what I want to do with them.

The blank spaces are for different versions (zombie, non-giant, non-giant zombie, -man child, -man child zombie, etc.) that haven't been completed yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You'll probably notice several palette swaps or just outright reuse on some of those babies, but I actually freehanded some of these from scratch, and they wound up looking almost exactly like the ones I already had...  I tried doing some from the front, with the chick looking at the "camera", but aside from the owls, they turned out crap, so they all wound up in the same pose looking fairly similar.  The falcons and the sparrows are an example of two chicks I drew freehand that look almost exactly alike.

I enjoy doing the new creatures more than the -man versions, so I'll go off and do creature_bug_slug_new.txt next
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Jalapeņo Cheesepuffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: February 22, 2012, 10:25:56 pm »

Lookin' good, Phoebus & Co.! I'll wait until its (mostly) complete before DLing, but I can't wait!
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr. Brain has long since departed"

-Edmund Blackadder

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.02v02] Phoebus' Graphic Set (New Units)
« Reply #1581 on: February 23, 2012, 09:50:24 am »

*Updated* 0.34.02v02
Added Jiripetru's elves.
Added Kafine's animals.
Added NW_Kohaku's animals.
Fixed the punctuation options in the assembler.
Completed the fix to the elven language file.

Ah, I'm not quite done yet...

All the birds from creature_birds_new.txt except for the magpie, kestrel, and kakapo that Kafine did (and I hadn't already done).

Crow, Raven, Barn Owl, Snowy Owl, Loon, White Stork
Swan, Wren, Osprey, Emu, Cassowary, Kea
Lorikeet, Cockatiel, Peach-Faced Lovebird, Masked Lovebird, Parakeet, Gray Parrot
Great Horned Owl, Albatross, Eagle, Peregrine Falcon, Puffin, Sparrow
Hornbill, Bushtit, Ostrich, Kiwi Bird

I redid several of these, including the barn owl, raven, gray parrot, white stork, loon, and maybe something I'm forgetting to make them look a little better, so please update those.

I'll get the child versions and -man versions out probably tommorow or so.

Hee... some great work in there.  Both you and Kaf are doing great work on these.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: February 23, 2012, 01:44:19 pm »

The blank spaces are for different versions (zombie, non-giant, non-giant zombie, -man child, -man child zombie, etc.) that haven't been completed yet.

Can you even have zombie graphics in the new version? I thought it has been replaced by a blinking blue symbol (a spider in Phoebus).
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: February 23, 2012, 02:08:22 pm »

Can you even have zombie graphics in the new version? I thought it has been replaced by a blinking blue symbol (a spider in Phoebus).

As far as I know, it is hardcoded to blink between two symbols, but you can make one of the symbols a race-dependent symbol. 

You can no longer distinguish skeletons from zombies or even empty bags of skin, and you can't distinguish any sort of job or weapons, but you can distinguish species and whether it has been animated.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 23, 2012, 05:28:07 pm »

Not sure if I understand you correctly... you're saying that you can have a, say, zombie goat that flashes between a normal goat tile and a zombie goat tile? And the same for all creatures?
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: February 23, 2012, 07:18:15 pm »

Not sure if I understand you correctly... you're saying that you can have a, say, zombie goat that flashes between a normal goat tile and a zombie goat tile? And the same for all creatures?

No. 

You can have a zombie goat graphic tile, and a tile that is used for all animated creatures, and that is hard-coded.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 24, 2012, 10:05:47 am »

You can have a zombie goat graphic tile, and a tile that is used for all animated creatures, and that is hard-coded.

So... how would I set up this zombie goat tile in the graphics .txt files? Because right now I think Phoebus isn't using any zombie graphics.

---

Anyway, here's something for you, Phoebus:

Simply put it in your human.png file over the old medics, it should work.
Also, could you please change my name (you use it in the directory names) from jiripetru to markus_cz? I don't even know why I'm using my civilian name on these forums, that was some random decision those years ago. Thanks
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: February 24, 2012, 10:57:47 am »

Ah, good job with the doctors, Jiri (or do you prefer I respond with Markus?), they'll fit in with the rest of the humans much better like that.  I'm not sure if it was on purpose or a mistake, though, but there's no transparency behind them, though.

I also sort of got stuck with my nick after picking this one just for a joke when I first signed up.  I don't go as Kohaku anywhere else on the Internet. :P

Well, I need to finish up insects...  I got discouraged after I screwed up the moth and decided to just erase the whole thing and start again from scratch trying to copy an easier species's photo for my model. I should have the whole batch of adults and larvae up later today.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1588 on: February 25, 2012, 11:13:17 am »

I've turned off the TT and I'm still getting fairly regular crashing.. never had this problem before..
it's becoming a real game killer for me after having played an hour and there is no season change and crash. everything I did, gone

neil_v

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: February 25, 2012, 12:11:21 pm »

Thanks for all your hard work Phoebus! I am playing an unmodified download of  [0.34.02v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set pre installed since it was uploaded. I haven't made any changes whatsoever. Works amazing, and looks amazing. Thanks again. I think having a widescreen monitor is fixing a lot of the mishmash problems people are reporting. The FPS display covers something unessential in a menu screen of which I cannot recall, but it seems to be transparent anyway.
 -Neil
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 140