Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 978798 times)

jeturcotte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.02v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (Update, TrueType & Bugfix)
« Reply #1560 on: February 19, 2012, 04:35:26 pm »

HOKAY, Kafine said to go ahead and post her file so far... feel free to incorporate these:

the above is not precisely in units of 16 nor does it have the standard 50% brown background... future updates to the file WILL, on both counts tho...

txt file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... there are some now outdated graphics in there; and we have custom giant lobsters in our game ... but still; all the creature tags are correct for everyone looking.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:10:37 pm by jeturcotte »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 19, 2012, 11:46:15 pm »

Now that truetype font seems to be working on a somewhat acceptable level, do you plan on changing more of the letter tiles for more variety?
To do that would require making two sets of raws & tilesets.
The association between entities and tile numbers in set in raws, if I would change the raws to use letters for graphics, then nobody would be able to use the tileset font.

Oh, on a quasirelated note, why have the undead variants been commented out for now?  Has there been a fundamental change to how these things work in game?
The undead change is graphical in nature.
Now, instead of being undead specific graphics, the game draws undead by alternating between the normal unit graphic and a generic symbol for skeleton/zombie.

I've done a thing!

EDIT: Damn, master axeman is missing an axe. Should be easy to add, but I'm way too exhausted now. Would you mind copy&pasting an axe when you add this in, Phoebus? Thanks.
HOKAY, Kafine said to go ahead and post her file so far... feel free to incorporate these:

the above is not precisely in units of 16 nor does it have the standard 50% brown background... future updates to the file WILL, on both counts tho...

txt file:

... there are some now outdated graphics in there; and we have custom giant lobsters in our game ... but still; all the creature tags are correct for everyone looking.
Thanks to both of you for the new units.
I'll add them when I have the time (and when the headache is gone.)
Avoid adding a background to units, if possible; backgrounds are easy to add but hard to remove, so I keep my unit graphics without backgrounds and overlay them over backgrounds when I release a version.
Also, Master Axe-elves normally prefer to chop with their hands, so no fix is needed. (Yes, I'll fix it.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:03:52 am by Phoebus »

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 20, 2012, 09:30:01 am »

Hi there,

I've got a problem with the unit screen: The selected entry is not readable.

Hmm, I could just kill a dwarf or pet elf ...
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

APV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 20, 2012, 09:56:24 am »

Where can I download previous versions?
**Found**
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:31:45 am by APV »

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 20, 2012, 10:02:08 am »

Hi there,

Use F12 to toggle between TrueType and the tileset and you should be able to read the entry, unless the bug hits both sides (can't remember off hand).  Its a DF bug, not a Phoebus bug, by the way. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 20, 2012, 10:10:26 am »

Hi there,

Use F12 to toggle between TrueType and the tileset and you should be able to read the entry, unless the bug hits both sides (can't remember off hand).  Its a DF bug, not a Phoebus bug, by the way. ;)

Thanks for the fast help, worked like magic :)
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 20, 2012, 04:04:02 pm »

Oh, are we putting the graphics we are doing into this thread, now?

Well, I can put what I have so far together:

The even-rows are for alternates. 

Crow, Raven (with less busy alternate that was based off the crow, depending on whether you want them to look more alike or more distinct), Cassowary, Kea, Snowy Owl (and alternate)

Sparrow, Stork (and dorky-looking alternate that I scrapped), Loon, Barn Owl, Snowy owl and Barn owl chicks.

Parakeet, Gray Parrot, and Puffin.

I haven't done more chicks, and I haven't done any zombie versions yet.  I have done some whatever-mans, however.

Barn Owlman, Snowy Owlman, and Loonman.

These -man things are off a template I am going to try to use to make these things faster.  (They are made from template in the raws, already, after all...)

I probably need to redo the barn owl and loon a little to make them fit in with the others better, and that stork can use some more work, but I'm relatively satisfied with the rest.

I unfortunately did the crow and raven before realizing Kafine had done those two.  I guess I'll just leave it up to you guys which ones you want to use.

I can finish up the rest of the birds for now, but I'm playing Adventurer mode, and keep running into hyenas and dingoes, so I think I'll do those next...

I've been putting these in this thread, but if you want, I can put them in this thread (and Ironhand's as well?), instead.

In general, though, if you have any directions you want to give on how to make these things, go ahead, and I'll do my best to comply.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:06:42 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

gem0303

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 20, 2012, 08:13:09 pm »

Wondering if anyone else is using this graphics pack and experiencing game crashes?

I've downloaded all of the recent pre-installed versions (34.02v00 & 34.02v01) and keep having crashes to the desktop.  I ran both updaters and also tried regenerating worlds, thinking it was related to the world gen/embark bug reported elsewhere on the forums.  No luck, still crashed.  It seems to occur when I press the 'k' key or try to build a workshop. 

A vanilla version of DF downloaded from Bay 12's website does not crash.

I tried downloading the graphic set package and installing over the vanilla install, and the crash started up again.

Running Windows XP.  I have a save where the crash is reproducible.  Been playing in ASCII the last few days and it's very strange. ??? 

kiershar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 21, 2012, 10:45:05 am »

Have same issues. First time using Phoebus so I though that was on par or problem with my comp, but there's way too many crashes. In fullscreen or certain window sizes, pressing K to look around it causes CTD. Building anything with mason is a risk and sometimes just scrolling the map around crashes. Saving fails about 25% of times, its very terrifying to attempt it after playing a few hours.

Lots of other random crashes too. Maybe its just me? I used mayday before, will try it again when he puts a new version up.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:04:20 am by kiershar »
- Crush bashes Hugh in the head with his silver maul and the injured part is crushed!
... NEXT
- Crush gores Cerol in the head with his left horn and the injured part collapses into a lump of gore!
... NEXT
- Crush bashes Pliskin in the head with his silver maul and the injured part exploded in gore!
... NEXT

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 21, 2012, 11:13:56 am »

I tried the new version, used K a lot and build a mason workshop but couldn't crash.
Maybe you should post a saved game where you can reproduce the crash, so someone could be able to tell what's going on.

I would have suggested a new world generation, as saved game, updater.bat or not, are supposed to be incompatible between 0.34.01 and 0.34.02 , but if it crashes when playing on a world generated with the new version, it's strange.

Try to turn off the truetype in the init.txt
[TRUETYPE:10]
(notice that unmodded DF has [TRUETYPE:24] , not [TRUETYPE:10] in case it plays a role in the problem)
into
[TRUETYPE:NO]

As i have read some people mentionning they had crash with truetype turned on (that is on by default)

Now that said, i noticed a lot of error regarding the elf language, despite the elf file is supposed to be fixed in the Phoebus 0.34.02v01

It looks like the Phoebus 0.34.02v01  language_ELF.txt have now words mixing capital and lowercase letters that are responsible (could it be one of the CTD source, if the error log get spammed too much ?)

Here's a working (as in not generating an error log) elf language file that i had every accents removed by Hermano accent remover (put it in both your raw\objects\ and your save\whateveregionname\raw\objects\
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mi9vzj

kiershar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 21, 2012, 11:29:20 am »

Setting true type to NO fixed it. I kinda liked the small texts sizes, but no crashes is magnitudes better!

Many thanks.
- Crush bashes Hugh in the head with his silver maul and the injured part is crushed!
... NEXT
- Crush gores Cerol in the head with his left horn and the injured part collapses into a lump of gore!
... NEXT
- Crush bashes Pliskin in the head with his silver maul and the injured part exploded in gore!
... NEXT

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 21, 2012, 11:44:41 am »

Good to know, as this seems to confirms what several people have reported about truetype that could be the source of their crashes.

Myiagros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 21, 2012, 11:53:21 am »

I have been having multiple crashes in the Ironhand pack so it sounds like it might be the same issue. I'll give this pack another try without the TT font to see if I can play more than a couple months without crashes. Seems like my FPS issue is due to the embark and not the tileset as Ironhand doesn't seem to go any faster than Phoebus.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.34.02v02] Phoebus' Graphic Set (New Units)
« Reply #1573 on: February 21, 2012, 12:18:34 pm »

*Updated* 0.34.02v02
Added Jiripetru's elves.
Added Kafine's animals.
Added NW_Kohaku's animals.
Fixed the punctuation options in the assembler.
Completed the fix to the elven language file.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.34.02v03] Phoebus' Graphic Set (New Units & Font Options)
« Reply #1574 on: February 21, 2012, 01:00:49 pm »

*Updated* 0.34.02v03
Changed the TrueType font to Consolas. (To restore the original, rename "/data/art/font_dejavu_sans.tff" to "font.ttf".)
Added a new config script that has TT off by default. It's called "df_phoebus_init_TToff_updater.bat".
Splitted the Tileset Assembler nicemap options into one option for "V" and two options for "n".
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 140