Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What are your most common reasons for losing a fort?

Dwarven Selection
- 113 (6.3%)
Wildlife
- 58 (3.2%)
Ambushes
- 154 (8.6%)
Sieges
- 207 (11.5%)
Undeads
- 118 (6.6%)
Forgotten Beasts
- 110 (6.1%)
Megabeasts
- 42 (2.3%)
The Circus
- 84 (4.7%)
FUN Spiral
- 286 (15.9%)
Dwarven Engineering
- 131 (7.3%)
FPS Death
- 396 (22%)
Other? (please specify)
- 97 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 879

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 140

Author Topic: [0.34.11v01] Phoebus' Graphic Set (0.34.11's one year anniversary update)  (Read 979106 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I adjusted the check-board pillar tile slightly, and the core brightness is now in-between the previous two options.

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* scratches head.

if floor is smoothed, then why it would look like stone brick road? i don't dig it.
"dig it" - get it? hehe.

anyway. i voted for "Old '+' design" or something of equivalent. but not the bricks.

also posted above screen with rives - looks more realistic as light blue on the sides, gives impression of river shores.
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crenelated vs Round:

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* scratches head.

if floor is smoothed, then why it would look like stone brick road? i don't dig it.
"dig it" - get it? hehe.

anyway. i voted for "Old '+' design" or something of equivalent. but not the bricks.

also posted above screen with rives - looks more realistic as light blue on the sides, gives impression of river shores.
Would a flat smoothed floor that becomes bricks when engraved be better? (That would also mean all + characters would become flat squares. TRUETYPE, SAVE US!)

Too. Many. Options.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:34:31 am by Phoebus »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

I think maybe if there were a tileset made for the express purpose of maps, the thin stream tiles could be made a touch thicker, and the exact colors messed with slightly, to produce a better effect, not that there should be actual "transitions".

I might try messing with this, myself, using the nifty round curves.  But it'll probably end up looking bad comming from me.

Biggest issue is the doors.  They are, of course, doors, and they work well for doors.  But as lakes they kind of fail... hard...
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doors are used for river crosses. + (No way I sacrifice doors for a minor world map improvement.)

These new walls look very good in-game, particularly a great improvement for bridges. The sharp/crenelated version are more dwarf-like thou.

Edit: Please don't call PETA on me.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:48:28 am by Phoebus »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First version of engravings: (yes, I am aware that the corners are terrible)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crenelated Engravings with result 'screenshot'

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:59:47 am by Phoebus »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

My favorite so far!
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Round Engravings with result 'screenshot'

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I haz reply #1000?

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crenelated Engravings with result 'screenshot'

This! Even when I like the darker color from the round one better ;)

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* scratches head.

"dig it" - get it? hehe.

Would a flat smoothed floor that becomes bricks when engraved be better? (That would also mean all + characters would become flat squares. TRUETYPE, SAVE US!)

Too. Many. Options.

What would this look like?

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* scratches head.

"dig it" - get it? hehe.

Too. Many. Options.

What would this look like?
Similar to the old + smoothed floor without the +. Then when you engrave the bricks would show.

greenskye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like the idea of going from rough stone floors (basically dirt floor look) -> brick look (like it is now) -> to smooth "tiled" floor look ( '+' look or the old diamond look ).

I liked how in the old set the engraved floors looked very different from the smoothed floors. Helps it stand out and I think that the tiled look reminds me of marble flooring.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 140