Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: Monks and Masons Mafia - END! Wolves win!  (Read 27639 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I won't officially vote it down, but I am standing in opposition to cripts extension. As much as he doesn't want to get lynched, this days gone on for a while, and I know I, at least, and in many cases the town as a whole, lose steam when the days get too long.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia - Day 2: When two tribes go to war...
« Reply #301 on: June 23, 2010, 09:24:52 am »

I just realized that leaf might have attacked me least night, he knew of the shield 0.o I was in more danger than I thought.

Did you just admit to being mafia?  It damn sure looks like you did.  Yeah, you're a better lynch than Otto.  He may just be playing (really) bad town, but you have scum stench all over you.

I'm still voting Otto because I believe he's more likely to be scum. That doesn't mean i can't hold other suspicions on the side. I lurk because I'm still not great at Mafia; I don't have the killer instinct required to murder someone on the tiniest whiff of scummery. I'll try to scumhunt a bit better from now on.

That's fine if you're still voting the same guy.  However, there are four scum out there- pressure other people.  Question everything.  If you're unsure on someone, ask him some question that is any way related to see how he responds- get in his head.  You'll find a method that works for you that way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile

Day ends roughly 7 hours.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 23, 2010, 10:12:29 am »

I just realized that leaf might have attacked me least night, he knew of the shield 0.o I was in more danger than I thought.

Did you just admit to being mafia?  It damn sure looks like you did.  Yeah, you're a better lynch than Otto.  He may just be playing (really) bad town, but you have scum stench all over you.

No, leaf may have taken the chance to see if I was wolf, obviously he did not.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because I am going to be lynch I must say that when I turn up town you guys should lynch Azure Sepulchre. Tomorrow is leaf is dead, if he is not dead... than still lynch Azure I think.

Take a look at Otto as well.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grammar fail, let me try again:

Because I am going to be lynched I must say that when I turn up town you guys should lynch Azure Sepulchre tomorrow if leaf is dead, if he is not dead... than still lynch Azure I think.

Take a look at Otto as well.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cript, I've time I've seen someone try that "If I die lynch blahblah" gambit, its failed miserably. We'll make our own decisions, thank you very much - trying to tell us what we should doesn't reflect favourably on you.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 23, 2010, 10:58:29 am »

You haven't.  Why would you?  Your scumbuddy has that angle covered.

I don't know about Cript, but at the very least you're seriously over-estimating my planning ability, considering this is the first Mafia game I've taken part in and I joined rather late into it. But meh; I probably can't persuade you otherwise if you're so set in this delusion, so I'll just have to hope Cript shows up wolf instead of mafioso.

I do suspect him.  No reason he can't be werewolf, but I'm not certain of him, while I am certain of you two.

Certain? From one line my predecessor jotted down about 10 pages back and a truck-full of conjecture? M'kay, whatever you say.

You're arguing to get as much distance between yourselves as you can on the assumption that one of you will die tonight.  Voting each other is just to strengthen that perception.  You feel confident that you can switch back to Ottofar without drawing attention, and will only go through with the bussing if an Ottolynch loses support.

Well now, would you look at that?  You don't want to to accidentally lynch your scumbuddy if you don't have to, eh?

Nonsense; I said I would go back to voting for Ottofar if he didn't provide any kind of reasonable explanation for his vote on Leaf, or for his silence, or for the votes after (although it doesn't take a genius to figure out why he's voting for Cript now). If he had- no, if he still manages to offer some kind of analysis that isn't copy-paste from someone else, I will give it due thought and judge it to be truthful or bollocks as best I can. He has done none of this, and does not appear likely to do so any time soon. Ergo, he gets my vote.

Huh. I either vote Cript and look like I'm bussing, or I vote for Otto and look like I'm defending him... rather a catch-22, eh? I could always just withdraw my vote and do nothing, but I rather doubt that would help. I can only hope that Cript turns out to be wolfscum, as opposed to mafiascum.

Actually, if Cript flips wolf, how will that change your argument?

Oy... really. You still don't know what I am saying do you?

I think that leaf was attacked last night, it would be dumb of ether team not to attack ether me leaf or nuke. Flavor texts says that mafia killed Jokerman and wolf hit mafia. Nuke was lynched and I was not killed, therefor leaf must have been hit and is mafia. I will believe the flavor text because that is how the mod tells us what is going on.

Why would scum want to kill any of you three, considering the unbelievably grand ruckus you were making together? If the scum were lurkers, then they would have every reason to keep you, Nuke and Leaf alive, to distract everyone from them. Obviously, there was nothing the scum could do to keep Nuke alive, but why kill you and Leaf when you were so good at making noise? Yes, the flavour text says the mafia killed Jokerman, but it didn't say anything about the wolves, unless I missed a paragraph or two despite reading through it three times.

That's one alternative theory. Another could be that you are a wolf, and you attacked Leaf when it turned out Nuke was gonna get lynched. You got scumblocked because he's in the mafia, so now you're satisfied that he will die next turn, even if you do. There's also the chance that you're both town, and you were arguing over nothing the whole time. God knows there's plenty others; not to mention Wolf's own peculiar brand.

Well I never said he was. This stems from your utter inability to understand me.

Did I say you did? No. I just called it how I saw it. In the context of the argument, two of the quotes it looks like web is trying to get you pardoned, while in the other two he attacks your opponents. Read 'em again.

You attack me for acting confident and than you say this. You are a fucking hypocrite.

I attacked you for arrogance, not mere confidence. You attacked Leaf even after Nuke was dead with no evidence, then dismissed him as dead. You consider yourself infaliable on the foundations of nothing. I simply find your methods of scum-hunting distasteful to the point where I firmly believe you are scum, or bar-none the worst townie of all time.

I don't say 'You know guys lets kill leaf I know he is scum' because of my gambit, something I have been trying to explain to you for like a week.

Then it was a bloody stupid, utterly baseless gambit that you should have thought through, wasn't it? And now you're paying the price for your fractious attacks, but you're still trying to drag people down with you; first Leaf, then me. Scum or no; you had this coming.

Well that may be it is much more likely that they attacked mafia last night. You bring up a good point though, if you are not wolf than Pimpson and.. General guy? I think? I don't know, who is the other lurker?

Not Pimpson, I think; he's been absent too long, although there is always a chance that the wolf team's being led by one person. GeneralGuy? Perhaps. His only detractor dies, then he vanishes when he's called on it to be replaced by someone who's marginally less quiet. Do you have any opinion on this matter, Ed? Or will you keep as quiet as GeneralGuy did?

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 23, 2010, 01:30:16 pm »

Diablous will be replacing Pimpson.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 23, 2010, 01:43:55 pm »

Hi guys! Give me some time to read over the thread.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 23, 2010, 01:57:31 pm »

No.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 23, 2010, 02:12:58 pm »

No.
Yeah. Just vote someone randomly.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 23, 2010, 02:28:18 pm »

No.

Nuke's death was all in vain.

*shakes head*

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 23, 2010, 02:51:26 pm »

Eh, it got rid of a scummy player that may have messed us up later.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 23, 2010, 02:54:19 pm »

Do you plan to contribute anything?

Diablous:  Welcome!  In your thread analysis you're going to post soon, please rate in order of scumminess these players: criptfeind, Azure, Ottofar, and Leafsnail, in addition to whatever else you're posting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29