Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: Monks and Masons Mafia - END! Wolves win!  (Read 27649 times)

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia - Day 2: When two tribes go to war...
« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2010, 02:31:58 pm »

Ugh... I really don't want to, but I said I would if we got no proper elaboration on his choices.

Unvote.

I'll leave my vote on Ottofar overnight, just in case I can't get online tomorrow. I really didn't think he was scum, but if he's gonna keep this up I have little choice in the matter.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 22, 2010, 07:22:43 pm »

So... when have I hounded Leaf?
You haven't.  Why would you?  Your scumbuddy has that angle covered.

And, considering Otto is clearly taking web's theories to heart (to the point where he's willing to quote them as if they were gospel), why don't you suspect him?
I do suspect him.  No reason he can't be werewolf, but I'm not certain of him, while I am certain of you two.

And how am I obviously bussing, considering I and Cript have been arguing for the past two or three pages? I mean, seriously; you're making no sense. Besides which, I initially voted for Ottofar, but backed off onto Criptfeind - my second suspect - to see if anything resembling an explanation could be coaxed out of him. It seems not, so I may have no choice but to vote for him if he says nothing by tomorrow. I was really sure he wasn't scum, but it's not like he's giving us much reason to think so. Hell, at least Cript gives some kind of explanation when you ask him what he's doing. Emphasis on some.

You're arguing to get as much distance between yourselves as you can on the assumption that one of you will die tonight.  Voting each other is just to strengthen that perception.  You feel confident that you can switch back to Ottofar without drawing attention, and will only go through with the bussing if an Ottolynch loses support.

Ugh... I really don't want to, but I said I would if we got no proper elaboration on his choices.

Unvote.

I'll leave my vote on Ottofar overnight, just in case I can't get online tomorrow. I really didn't think he was scum, but if he's gonna keep this up I have little choice in the matter.
Well now, would you look at that?  You don't want to to accidentally lynch your scumbuddy if you don't have to, eh?

Wolf:  If you think both Azure and cript are both scum, why did you vote Azure over cript?  Cript has more votes, so he'd be the easier lynch.

Because it's not about the easy lynch.  It's about putting pressure where it's needed while the day goes on, and making sure your vote is in the right place when the day ends.  I judged that Azure needed more pressure, since Cript was already subject to plenty.

Unvote

Criptfeind is the right place now, since, ironically, I may not be able to get online before the day ends tomorrow.  With that in mind, I'm treating the next five or so hours as the period immediately prior to the end of the day.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2010, 08:59:38 pm »

I am sorry guys, I have not been keeping up, can I get a exstention so I can catch up?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2010, 09:39:05 pm »

If he doesn't post by tomorrow I will have to then.

He has not been on anywhere, on any forums, for like two weeks.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2010, 09:56:08 pm »

But, NUKE and Leafsnail are scum. Jokerman is also scum.

Azure Sepulchre, I just noticed this little tidbit from your predecessor, and I'm surprised Criptfeind didn't explore it further when he quoted it.  You two are mafia.  You killed Jokerman, and you continue to hound Leaf out of Webadict's belief that he's a wolf.  Cript didn't even attack you when he voted you.  You're obviously bussing.

The flaw comes from him being 67% wrong (as opposed to my 50% wheee...) Also... I think leaf is mafia... so ya... What?

Scum slip from you yes?

He is a wolf because of THE FLAVOR TEXT SAYS LEAF IS MAFIA.

No, it doesn't. Besides which, even if it did, it wouldn't explain how web is/I am a wolf, nor would I be inclined to take it seriously because it's bloody flavour text. Stop talking out of your arse.

Oy... really. You still don't know what I am saying do you?

I think that leaf was attacked last night, it would be dumb of ether team not to attack ether me leaf or nuke. Flavor texts says that mafia killed Jokerman and wolf hit mafia. Nuke was lynched and I was not killed, therefor leaf must have been hit and is mafia. I will believe the flavor text because that is how the mod tells us what is going on.

I was trying to get you to find quotes of web budding with Leaf, not quotes of web budding with you. That's just weird.

Well I never said he was. This stems from your utter inability to understand me.

Why is this so hard for you? Why should I say "You know guyz lets kill nuke but I don't know if he is scum." You are trying to kill me now but I don't see you saying you don't know if I am scum.

I don't know. Why didn't you say 'You know guys lets kill leaf I know he is scum'? He was, after all, your first choice as scum, and if you were capable of convincing enough people to lynch him, then you wouldn't have voted for someone you weren't entirely sure about.

And of course you don't see me saying I don't know if you're scum or not. Why? Because I'm sure you are scum, obviously.

You attack me for acting confident and than you say this. You are a fucking hypocrite.

I don't say 'You know guys lets kill leaf I know he is scum' because of my gambit, something I have been trying to explain to you for like a week.

Besides, we don't know if the wolves know who any of the mafioso are yet. There is still always the chance that they just didn't vote because they were inactive. Or do you know something we don't, scum?

Well that may be it is much more likely that they attacked mafia last night. You bring up a good point though, if you are not wolf than Pimpson and.. General guy? I think? I don't know, who is the other lurker?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2010, 09:57:32 pm »

Either way, cript is banking so much on the night kill tonight that I'm tempted just to ignore that whole section of the game and hope it untangles itself with everyone involved dying and turning up scum (a futile dream, most likely, but hey! It could happen!).

Sadly you cant because if I am right only one scum will die to my gambit.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2010, 10:30:29 pm »

But, NUKE and Leafsnail are scum. Jokerman is also scum.

Azure Sepulchre, I just noticed this little tidbit from your predecessor, and I'm surprised Criptfeind didn't explore it further when he quoted it.  You two are mafia.  You killed Jokerman, and you continue to hound Leaf out of Webadict's belief that he's a wolf.  Cript didn't even attack you when he voted you.  You're obviously bussing.

The flaw comes from him being 67% wrong (as opposed to my 50% wheee...) Also... I think leaf is mafia... so ya... What?

Scum slip from you yes?

He is a wolf because of THE FLAVOR TEXT SAYS LEAF IS MAFIA.

No, it doesn't. Besides which, even if it did, it wouldn't explain how web is/I am a wolf, nor would I be inclined to take it seriously because it's bloody flavour text. Stop talking out of your arse.

Oy... really. You still don't know what I am saying do you?

I think that leaf was attacked last night, it would be dumb of ether team not to attack ether me leaf or nuke. Flavor texts says that mafia killed Jokerman and wolf hit mafia. Nuke was lynched and I was not killed, therefor leaf must have been hit and is mafia. I will believe the flavor text because that is how the mod tells us what is going on.

First off, the flavor in no way indicates whether there was a werewolf hit or not.  I dunno what you're smoking if you think Leaf is incriminated by literally nothing.

Anyway, by your own logic the werewolf target could have been either you or Leaf, making one of you mafia and the other indeterminate.  I believe that you're acting on the assumption that Leaf is a werewolf who hit you last night, and your hitting Jokerman was a (presumably failed and abandoned, likely due to the killshield confusion) gambit to throw suspicion on Leaf and/or draw him out as a werewolf that doubled as a convenient way to get rid of one of your other werewolf suspects.

Saying that you think Leaf is mafia is a natural product of your current line of reasoning with the added assumption that you are town.  It's just a way to maintain your cover and is not necessarily your actual belief.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 22, 2010, 10:47:52 pm »

That is a interesting theory.

Still does not explain the scum slip.

The flavor in no way indicates whether there was a werewolf hit or not.  I dunno what you're smoking if you think I am incriminated by literally nothing. If you cant tell I said that because you seem to be covering literally all of your bases here... wait that sounds wrong, I am too tired.

I just realized that leaf might have attacked me least night, he knew of the shield 0.o I was in more danger than I thought.

Also another (lesser) scum slip is you saying that the scum do not know who hit them.

But that is all things that make you look scummy, for a defense I offer this. I never thought joker was scum, as far as I know leaf was never attacked a lot by joker and I always was suspicious of web so why would I take what he said to heart, I did not particularly take any stock in what he said.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2010, 11:44:22 pm »

That is a interesting theory.

Still does not explain the scum slip.
I don't see what you're referring to.  Please elaborate.

The flavor in no way indicates whether there was a werewolf hit or not.  I dunno what you're smoking if you think I am incriminated by literally nothing. If you cant tell I said that because you seem to be covering literally all of your bases here... wait that sounds wrong, I am too tired.

I just realized that leaf might have attacked me least night, he knew of the shield 0.o I was in more danger than I thought.

Also another (lesser) scum slip is you saying that the scum do not know who hit them.

Why should we assume that they do?  I have considered the possibility that they do, and it's irrelevant to my current accusation of you anyway.  I'm not making my claim based on the flavor.  I'm making it because I expected mafia to bus each other in response to a likely death, foreseen or not, without actually going as far as a lynch (in case they're wrong), which is exactly what I see you and Azure doing.

But that is all things that make you look scummy, for a defense I offer this. I never thought joker was scum, as far as I know leaf was never attacked a lot by joker and I always was suspicious of web so why would I take what he said to heart, I did not particularly take any stock in what he said.
Eh hem...
Saying that...is a natural product of your current line of reasoning with the added assumption that you are town.  It's just a way to maintain your cover and is not necessarily your actual belief.
Your opinion is non-verifiable and can be fabricated easily.  Your actions speak otherwise, and it is your actions for which I declare you scum. 

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2010, 01:08:02 am »

Blarg is active lurking.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's the "designated lurker" of a scum team.  Blarg, your last post was a flimsy finger toward cript, but you're still voting Otto.  Let's here some reasoning, and see some attacking out of you.

I'm still voting Otto because I believe he's more likely to be scum. That doesn't mean i can't hold other suspicions on the side. I lurk because I'm still not great at Mafia; I don't have the killer instinct required to murder someone on the tiniest whiff of scummery. I'll try to scumhunt a bit better from now on.

Lonewolf: You seem mighty sure that the Werewolves failed to send in a kill PM due to inexperience. You also seem to believe that Leafy is a werewolf. Surely Leafy would have had enough presence of mind to send in a PM kill, assuming whoever is with him didn't, which is already a near-unreasonably far stretch.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 23, 2010, 03:39:33 am »

Only one extention is allowed per day.
Oh also, Pimpson is Force Replaced due to inactivity.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:42:10 am by spitfire684 »

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Votecount, please.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile

Votecount:
1. Azure Sepulchre [1] - Criptfeind