Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should I do?

Start a new game. And end this one.
- 5 (83.3%)
Start a new game. And continue this one.
- 0 (0%)
Continue this game. But don't make a new game.
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Future Squad RTD (End.)  (Read 21670 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Future Squad RTD (Turn 17. RUN BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!)
« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2010, 01:31:07 am »

DEVS EX MACHINA TIME, BITCHES

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Future Squad RTD (Turn 17. RUN BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!)
« Reply #271 on: June 06, 2010, 04:14:23 am »

DEVS EX MACHINA TIME, BITCHES
"For a moment there I thought we were in trouble."
Looks like more like Bolivian Army Ending to me.

Carry Batista to exit. (If he dies, drop him.)
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Future Squad RTD (Turn 18. Another one bites the dust... Death...)
« Reply #272 on: June 07, 2010, 06:14:55 pm »

@#%%$&%%$. Maldevious... You're taking too long for my taste.

Also: Me-thinks I should have separated the guys from the first dropship from the guys from the second one. I'll refer to the guys from the second dropship with a "(2)".

Turn 17. Another one bites the dust... Death...

Try to wake up and get out
[4]: OH SH- GET OUT!

Leave [5-1=4]: You rush to the exit, there are three ways you can go:
West: Spaceport (not a good idea).
North: Forest.
East: Down the road, further into rebel territory. You should go in this direction.
South: Back into the bunker.

Heal self.
Heal [1]: You cut your wounds... FFFFFFF-

Bleed [6]: The bleeding stops somewhat.

If I go down, my final words will be: "Please listen, if all else fails and everything gets flipped and turned upside down, move with your uncle and auntie to Bel-Air."
"Please listen, if all else fails and everything gets flipped and turned upside down, move with your uncle and auntie to Bel-Air."

Bleed (I'm praying the RNG doesn't kill you...)[5][1] (Sigh...): Despite bleeding only slightly, you've lost too much blood, you die... Gone to the little battlefield in the sky.

Shoot the Confed Lieutenant  and Confed Corporal 1, blow 'em away, then pack up my minigun and make for the entrance/exit
[3]: PEW PEW!

Aim [6]: You spray and pray!

Luck [4]: You hit several guys.

Damage [4+2=6][4+2=6][3+2=5][5+2=7][5+2=7] (WOW): The Sergeant (2), And Private 1 (2) Die instantly. The Sniper (2), and Lieutenant (2) are critically wounded. And the Medic is turned into Confed paste.

Para, you are single handedly the most dangerous person on this planet.

Carry Batista to exit. (If he dies, drop him.)
He's dead...

Leave [1]: You run west, oops. Those Confeds seem angry at you.

Quote from: ExKirby (AI)
MOVE MOVE MOVE!
Leave [6-1=5]: You rush out to the east.

Bleed [3]: You're not exactly feeling too good.

Quote from: Maldevious (AI)
Time to split!
Leave [6]: You rush out into the forest.

NPC rolls.

Friendly.

Enemy.

Quote from: Confed Lieutenant
Kill Jiharo!
[3]: He fires.

Aim [3+1=4]: Jiharo is hit in the chest.

Damage [2]: He laughs at the feeble attempt on his life!

Quote from: Confed Corporal 1
Jiharo must die!
[6]: He fires recklessly!

Luck [1]: He hits The Lieutenant in the head.

Damage [2]: Yet he does no damage.

Quote from: Confed Private 2
KILL THE REBELS!
[6]: He fires recklessly!

Luck [6]: His shots go wild inside the bunker!

Luck [5]: Para is hit in the head!

Damage [4]: Para falls to the ground...

Quote from: Confed Sniper
Keep the pressure on...
[1]: He bleeds a lot.

Survival [5]: I ain't afraid of no blood!

Quote from: Confed Lieutenant (2)
Hurk.
[1]: He dies.

Quote from: Confed Medic (2)
Screw this, I'm running!
[6]: He runs as fast as he can, and trips.

Trip damage [5]: He splits his head open on a rock...

Quote from: Confed Corporal 1 (2)
SHOOT JIHARO!
[2]: He is sitting, considering his life choices...

Quote from: Confed Corporal 2 (2)
JIHARO! TIME TO DIE!
[6]: He fires randomly!

Luck [1]: And hits Corporal 1 (2) in the head.

Damage [2]: To no effect.

Quote from: Confed Private 2 (2)
Finish this so I can go home...
[2]: He cries.

Quote from: Confed Sniper (2)
Hurk.
[5]: The bastard can still fire!

Aim [1+2=3]: He hits Jiharo in the left leg.

Damage [5]: ...He blows Jiharo's left leg off!

Bleed [2]: He's not looking too good. He's quite pale.

Spoiler: Player Statuses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC Statuses (click to show/hide)

Areas:
Spoiler: Bunker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Outside (click to show/hide)

Weapon types:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow, so many guys died this round...

I think I've got it all correct, feel free to tell me if I messed up somewhere.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 07, 2010, 06:27:56 pm »

Heal me.
This game isn't that fun. It wasn't fun before, because we just did the same thing every turn (kind of like Terraforming; this isn't really creative or funny or exciting, it's just watching some arbitrary number go up). Now it's harder. But that's not fun either; just making it more difficult doesn't mean it becomes more fun.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 07, 2010, 06:38:38 pm »

Heal me.
This game isn't that fun. It wasn't fun before, because we just did the same thing every turn (kind of like Terraforming; this isn't really creative or funny or exciting, it's just watching some arbitrary number go up). Now it's harder. But that's not fun either; just making it more difficult doesn't mean it becomes more fun.
I was never very creative. The main problem is that I have a damn hard time finding the perfect spot between "Too hard"(MaCAW)(TFers) And "Too easy"(Explorer). Really, I want to do forum games, it makes me happy, but the games are either too hard for me to do, or to boring for players. And I'm not abandoning this RTD after 18 turns, unless a majority of players are not having fun.

Also: I like randomness, it makes games a lot more fun to GM.

Difficulty, you are right about that, it's just that in the early rounds it was too easy.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 07, 2010, 07:58:05 pm »

It's too strvctvred. Giving vs a generic plot with no way arovnd it is not very fvn. Giving vs decisions besides "shoot the enemy" and resvlts for those decisions is more fvn. Also. I didn't get to perform devs ex machina.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:10:35 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 07, 2010, 08:02:52 pm »

It's too strvctvred. Giving vs a generic plot with no way arovnd it is not very fun. Giving vs decisions besides "shoot the enemy" and resvlts for those decisions is more fvn.
Well, you guys aren't doing anything! Have you even tried to explore?

Also: Is your u key broken or something?

Also. I didn't get to perform devs ex machina.
You're dead.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 07, 2010, 08:08:30 pm »

Tarran, try Monster Defense. It takes about an hour or so to GM every week. Judging by signups, people seem pretty excited about it. Basically everything you need to GM is in the first few posts; all you need is random.org, a basic ability to draw lines and copy-paste images in Paint, and the image files (which are in the first few posts, but I'm too lazy to update them often). I'm in the middle of a huge shop revamp right now, and I think it'll improve the game a lot.

I like randomness too, it makes games a lot more fun to play. That's one of the reasons why I disliked Terraformers. But it has to be fun randomness, not just randomness. I can't just roll a die and shout "OMG I GOT A 3 THIS IS THE MOST FUN GAME EVAR". It has to be bundled with something fun. And it can't be too random, or the game will be totally chaotic and not fun.

I think that now it's too hard. People are dropping like flies; we'll soon be dead, I think.

Also, I had no idea we could explore. You made this sound like a last-stand type RtD; you said that we were the only ones holding the fort from utter destruction, and you sent waves of troops at us. I always thought the next wave would be right around the corner, and it often was... I mean, where would we have a chance to explore?

fun
Slipped there.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 07, 2010, 08:14:40 pm »

Also, I had no idea we could explore. You made this sound like a last-stand type RtD; you said that we were the only ones holding the fort from utter destruction, and you sent waves of troops at us. I always thought the next wave would be right around the corner, and it often was... I mean, where would we have a chance to explore?
Since the start of the game, you never asked... your at the time goal was to hold your position, not the entire game.

Also: One hour is not really my idea of easy. I need something I can get done within at max half an hour, otherwise I get bored and delay the turn.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2010, 08:23:20 pm »

He's being either Russian or Greek.

Since the start of the game, you never asked... your at the time goal was to hold your position, not the entire game.
Well, duh. Enemies kept assaulting us, we couldn't just abandon our position. If someone told you to watch her purse for a moment while she went to the bathroom, for example, would you watch it for thirty seconds, notice a suspicious pickpocket-looking guy walking around, and then say, "Well, I've watched it, I'll go watch Iron Man 2 now" and leave?

One hour is the time I'm quoting for many players, using ridiculous weapons (shotguns, smgs) that I have to roll 10 or 20 times for, while I'm trying to crush them with waves of 20 zombies or more. You can make the game as little or as big as you want. If you like, you can have 3 people, and have them limited to pistols or rifles. That way, you barely have to roll (or don't have to roll at all with Joy perk+rifles), and the turn will take perhaps 10 minutes.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future Squad RTD (Turn 16. Get out of there!)
« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2010, 08:32:09 pm »

OOC: I will be out of town this weekend and away from the computer. Feel free to NPC me until I get back.

... so I'm back.

I lay down my arms and melt away into the forest, opening a small curio shop and living a life of non-violence.

Consider me done as well. Thanks for running the game.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2010, 09:01:59 pm »

Screw that, head wounds just make you look cooler as you scream and fire, causing the bad guys to fly back, peppered with bullets. Thus, I scream in RAEG and man my minigun, swiss-cheesing the bastards.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 08, 2010, 12:57:37 am »

Um, if this goes on, duck behind bunker.
If not, thanks a lot for the game!
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2010, 11:58:42 pm »

Run off into the rebel areas where I then travel back home to become a war veteran and live on the side of the road spending the huge amount of 1,000,000,000 on the highist level box made out of pure gold and platinum and live off the rest of the money and beg for the rest of my happy life. With a bottle of very exspensive vodka in one hand and a Cigar in the other.

Cheers for the game.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20