Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: Countries At War: World Edition; Turn 7  (Read 29413 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Countries At War: World Edition; Turn 3
« Reply #255 on: June 03, 2010, 02:58:16 pm »

I left the choice to the host already.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 03, 2010, 02:59:15 pm »

Twas a joke, my good man.
On a related note,

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 03, 2010, 03:00:05 pm »

On a related note, [HORROR]
OH GOD
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 03, 2010, 03:19:05 pm »

On a related note, [HORROR]
OH GOD

Anyone know what game is being played on the computer in the background?
~Jesse

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 03, 2010, 06:41:16 pm »

You want it Neutral, it's Neutral. Turn deadline is tomorrow morning, and I shall then roll some dice.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 04, 2010, 06:36:50 pm »

Making Turn! Maxicaxi gets to wait this turn out, for not posting a turn.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:22:06 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 04, 2010, 11:26:52 pm »

Paranatural - Venezuela is taken by the Colombian forces. Peruvian forces are decimated while taking Chile. [NOTE: Good strategy there, taking all of the higher income places first!]

Canalan - Russia builds troops and shuffles a tank to Georgia, but otherwise stays put. [NOTE: Next time, tell me where you want them to be built. It makes things much easier.]

Inteuniso - El Salvador reinforces their garrison in Honduras, but is barely beaten off by Nicaragua. [NOTE: Next time, please tell me where the invasions are coming from. It wasn't a a problem this time, but it could be disastrous if you have multiple locations which you could attack from.]

Wimdit - Vagueness makes me RAGE. Next time, I expect exact numbers instead of this 'some' and 'storm the hell out of' and other such nonsense. Several troops die while 'storming the hell out of' Papau New Guinea, and vague troops are made. (Vague guesses, hooray!)

Tarran - The German forces quickly overwhelm Switzerland, due to Switzerland being a neutral state for over 700 years. More troops pour out of German training camps. [NOTE: Europe is a nice place for high income bases, but watch out for your neighbors!]

Cheddarius - Belizian and Mexican forces overrun the unoccupied territory of Guatemala. According to a d4, the Heavy Armor heads to El Salvador to join forces with Inteuniso. America builds up its air force, leaving Belize and Guatemala unoccupied. (Remember to re-occupy them or risk their loss!) [NOTE: If you're invading someone, giving them a tank isn't the greatest of plans.]

Maxicaxi - No submission. Sweden sits around, collecting $$$.

Jesse - The not-quite-as-bad-as-other-countries Mozambique falls quickly before the Purple Menace, but manages to take some infantry with it. The worst-country-around Zimbabwe also falls quickly, and surrender without firing a shot. The Purple Army grows. [NOTE: Congratulations on forging the crappy countries of Africa into a unified front!]

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 04, 2010, 11:31:42 pm »

Do I need actual units to not lose a country, or do defenses (bunkers, landmines, etc.) count?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:34:25 pm by Cheddarius »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2010, 11:49:09 pm »

I have a Gomber? What the heck is that?

Attack Belgium, and the Netherlands with one light infantry both.

Attack poland with the gunship and the gbomber.

Attack itally with a Heavy Infantry from Switzerland.

Create 3 Heavy infantries, 2 rockets, 2 light armors, 1 heavy armor. Place 2 heavy infantries in france, the other in germany, place the 2 rockets, 2 light armors, and 1 heavy armor in germany too.

Also: Pact of awesomeness admiration to Para, which does nothing, but sounds awesome.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 05, 2010, 12:28:56 am »

fixin' Gomber. Defenses don't count. Transports do, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 05, 2010, 12:41:03 am »

A country like Canada, with $5000, will have 2 or 3 defensive units, yes?

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 05, 2010, 12:46:51 am »

I attack Finland with everything then i buy 10 lgt tanks and 10 rkt troops putting 4rkt troops 3 lgt tanks in sweden and 3 lgt tanks 4 rkt toops  finland 1 of each in norway
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 05, 2010, 12:48:48 am »

Spoiler: Move (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:01:00 am by Cheddarius »

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 05, 2010, 12:59:18 am »

Damn it. For the record, I meant one heavy infantry, one frigate, one bunker, and using all troops because leaving some out would be stupid. I didn't have enough money for any more stuff.

Code: [Select]
Orders:

All units in Papua New Guinea are to use the barge in Indonesia to conduct an amphibious invasion of Singapore.

All combat units in Indonesia to invade Malaysia, then to continue on to Brunei.

Purchases:

Two minefields, AA guns, and naval mines in Papua New Guinea. One light armour, one rocket in Indonesia. Balance: Nil.

Placements:

Indonesia: Two bunkers, one light armour, one rocket.
Papua New Guinea: Two minefields, AA guns, naval mines.
Singapore: Two light infantry, one rocket, battleship (KRI Kemerdekaan), one barge. Minus losses from Singapore.
Malaysia: None.
Brunei: Four heavy infantry, frigate (KRI Garuda). Minus losses from Malaysia and Brunei.

A template of some sort might be good if you wanted standardization between turn orders, Barbarossa. I'm putting my turn in a code box because bold font makes me queasy.

Oh, and was there a rule about unoccupied territories revolting? Something like after two turns without troops unless it's your home province?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 04:50:31 am by Wimdit »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 05, 2010, 01:14:51 am »

25% chance to revolt per turn if there aren't troops, I think.
Does this apply to newly conquered countries? That is, if you conquer a country and then leave it in the same turn, does it have a chance to revolt that turn?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26