Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Countries At War: World Edition; Turn 7  (Read 29418 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Countries At War: World Edition; Turn 3
« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2010, 09:57:22 am »

El Salvador

Movement:
Load all troops (3) in El Salvador into Boeing.
Invade Panama with these troops.

Purchases:
Build 1 Heavy Infantry in Honduras and 1 Battleship in Sea Zone 65- $4000

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:08:15 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Countries At War: World Edition; Turn 3
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2010, 10:33:50 am »

I attack Finland with everything then i buy 10 lgt tanks and 10 rkt troops putting 4rkt troops 3 lgt tanks in sweden and 3 lgt tanks 4 rkt toops  finland 1 of each in norway
Could you please type this more legibly? I'm not sure what "Finland 1 of each in Norway' means.

25% chance to revolt per turn if there aren't troops, I think. Does this apply to newly conquered countries? That is, if you conquer a country and then leave it in the same turn, does it have a chance to revolt that turn?
No, 1 turn must elapse without troops before the country will roll for revolt.

A country like Canada, with $5000, will have 2 or 3 defensive units, yes?
Actually, Canada is also a huge country, meaning it starts with $9000 worth of troops.

Damn it. For the record, I meant one heavy infantry, one frigate, one bunker, and using all troops because leaving some out would be stupid. I didn't have enough money for any more stuff.
Technically, you still had the income from last turn, so you spent that on even more troops. Everything but the Barge helped attack, as the barge was unnecessary.

A template of some sort might be good if you wanted standardization between turn orders, Barbarossa. I'm putting my turn in a code box because bold font makes me queasy.
A nice turn would look like this.

NAME OF COUNTRY HERE

Movements
6 Gunships move from Libya to Egypt
All troops in Peru invade Colombia
All troops except 1 Light Armor move from Mexico to Belize

Purchases
10 Light Inf in China
6 Battleships in Belgium

and so on.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 10:47:06 am by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
Re: Countries At War: World Edition; Turn 4
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2010, 06:41:25 pm »

RUSSIA
Movement
Both bombers and my heavy armor (in Russia) invade Khazakstahn.
Purchases
2 gunships
1 fighter
1 heavy infantry
All in Russia.

Jesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 06, 2010, 06:57:19 pm »

Attack Lesotho with 1 light infantry from South Africa.
Attack Swaziland with 1 heavy armor from South Africa. 
Attack Angola with the infantry from Namibia.
Move the light armor from South Africa to Namibia.
Buy 1 light infantry, 1 heavy infantry, 2 light armors, and 1 heavy armor in Botswana.
~Jesse

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 07, 2010, 06:26:16 pm »

Turn will occur tomorrow morning.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2010, 08:41:04 am »

Attacks

From Colombia - 1 Rocket, 1 Light Inf, 1 Heavy Inf, 1 Light Armor, 1 Train -> Ecuador

Movement

From Venezuela 1 light inf -> Columbia

Build

Brazil: 1 rocket, 1 light inf, 1 heavy inf, 1 light armor, 1 heavy armor, 1 train (The heavy armor won't be on the train) ($11,000)

Sea Zone 64: 1 submarine, 1 battleship, 2 barges ($6,000)
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 08, 2010, 05:58:26 pm »

Making turn.

Paranatural - Ecuador falls in short order to the massive Brazilian Army. Venezuelan troops move to Colombia. Brazil produces a navy. [NOTE: Finally, someone builds some boats!]

Canalan - Russia invades Kazakhstan, losing both bombers to AA fire, but succeeding with its Heavy Armor. The Red army grows.

Inteuniso Panama is taken without any losses. El Salvador's Army grows.

Wimdit - Your barge heads to Papau New Guinea to collect troops. The barge then heads to Singapore with troops loaded. They win. (Barely.) Your barge doesn't have enough movement to move your Indonesian troops to Malaysia. However, it makes it back to Indonesia to prepare for a later invasion. Your military grows. [You require additional barge-lons!]

Tarran - The modern armies of Belgium and the Netherlands are damaged, but easily beat back your small armies. Poland falls to your planes with some losses. Italy agrees to join, but only grudgingly. (50% chance to revolt if unoccupied, but you got it without a fight.) The German army expands. [NOTE: Good job becoming Nazi Germany, but I'd recommend sending more troops at a time to take such powerful of nations as Belgium and The Netherlands.]

Cheddarius - U.S. troops storm the Dominican Republic with few losses, and Haiti surrenders without a fight. Canada is invaded by a humongous invasion force, and falls quickly, except for two units of Canadian Light Infantry, which took out several of your people. I assume they did so by using Guerrilla warfare in the Icy North. [NOTE: Good job on expanding to the entirety of North America!]

Maxicaxi - PLEASE WRITE LEGIBLY. Here is your garbled turn. The Swedish forces storm Finland at a heavy cost. Because you don't have $40,000, everything you wanted was cut in half to be more possible.

Jesse - Lesotho and Swaziland crumble before you. Angola follows suit. Troops move. The army expands. [I never expected South Africa to get this far without some other country invading Africa, too.]

Remember guys, Panama and Suez are free to move through with boats. Also, some people are pulling ahead in income already! Unite to save yourselves, weaker folk!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:08:08 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 08, 2010, 06:04:15 pm »

Woo.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Countries At War: World Edition; Turn 5
« Reply #279 on: June 08, 2010, 07:08:43 pm »

and... DONE!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 08, 2010, 07:30:25 pm »

You do not seem to have Inteuniso's countries colored in.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 08, 2010, 07:53:57 pm »

[NOTE: Good job becoming Nazi Germany, but I'd recommend sending more troops at a time to take such powerful of nations as Belgium and The Netherlands.]
I didn't expect them to win, they were just an attempt to gain the countries peacefully, now I'll gain them forcefully.

Also: WOW, I have a lot of money. :P

Germany, blue.

Movements:
Attack: 1 Rocket, 1 Heavy Inf, and 1 Light Armor to Belgium from Germany.
Attack: 1 Rocket, 1 Heavy Armor, and 1 Light Armor to Belgium from Germany.

Purchases:
4 Light Inf in Germany.
3 Trains in Germany.
2 Battleships, 2 Frigates and 2 Submarines in sea 9 (I think? the area north of germany).
1 Heavy Infantry and 1 Heavy Armor in france.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 08, 2010, 08:01:20 pm »

Right, South Africa is stronger than I expected.  Hm... I need to take advantage of the fact that no one else is in Africa before it's too late. 

Buy
1 barge
3 light inf
3 heavy inf
Place the barge in sea zone 55
All other units in Angola

Attack
Storm the hell out of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Attack the Democratic Congo guys with 1 light infantry from Angola
Attack Zambia with 1 Light Inf, 1 Heavy Inf, 2 Light Armor, 1 Heavy Armor, from Botswana, leaving 1 light inf in Botswana

Is that a good organization method? 
~Jesse

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 08, 2010, 08:49:21 pm »

Hoy, Barbarossa, Malaysia owns part of Borneo, and so do I. There's a land route there, despite the fact that the majority of our two countries are separated by sea. I require no additional barge-lons.

Also the battleship in Papua New Guinea was supposed to support the invasion of Singapore 'cause it can attack land units, but whatever. We're having some trouble understanding one another, it seems.

Oh, and how exactly does sea transport work? Say I wanted to attack Madagascar from Indonesia. My barge in Indonesia is full of troops. Would it first have to enter sea zone 41, then move to 54, then 55, using all three move? Or would it be counted as already being in 41? And if it used all three move getting to sea zone 55, would my troops be able to disembark and attack? And can naval mines and other units attack barges if they're stationed in the country being attacked? Are the troops on board lost if the barge is destroyed? Can naval mines be planted in sea zones, not just countries?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:18:06 pm by Wimdit »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2010, 09:16:02 pm »

Someone beat down Tarran already.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26