Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26

Author Topic: Countries At War: World Edition; Turn 7  (Read 29402 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Countries At War: World Edition; Turn 5
« Reply #285 on: June 08, 2010, 10:06:40 pm »

Movements: Have 1 Light and 1 Heavy armor invade Costa Rica
Have 1 Light infantry, 1 Heavy infantry, and 1 battleship attack nicaragua

Building: Build 2 minefields in Panama
Purchase 1 Heavy Infantry in Honduras.
Purchase 2 Light Infantry in Panama.

Also, Cheddar, can you give me some units? Say, 10? This lack of provinces is really hurting my income.

And Panama isn't shown as my province on the map. might be a bit confusing to some.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 08, 2010, 10:10:48 pm »

It was pretty cool of you to let me shore up my Central American territories. I'll send you a few units now, how about that? But 10 is a lot. How about, if you give me some of your territories when you get the chance, I'll send you some military when I get the chance?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2010, 10:38:04 pm »

Someone beat down Tarran already.
Don't make me come over there and kick your ass. :P

But really, I doubt anyone within my immediate vicinity can beat me. We'll see though.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 08, 2010, 11:27:14 pm »

It was pretty cool of you to let me shore up my Central American territories. I'll send you a few units now, how about that? But 10 is a lot. How about, if you give me some of your territories when you get the chance, I'll send you some military when I get the chance?

Sounds good.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 08, 2010, 11:29:31 pm »

Hoy, Barbarossa, Malaysia owns part of Borneo, and so do I. There's a land route there, despite the fact that the majority of our two countries are separated by sea. I require no additional barge-lons.

Also the battleship in Papua New Guinea was supposed to support the invasion of Singapore 'cause it can attack land units, but whatever. We're having some trouble understanding one another, it seems.

Oh, and how exactly does sea transport work? Say I wanted to attack Madagascar from Indonesia. My barge in Indonesia is full of troops. Would it first have to enter sea zone 41, then move to 54, then 55, using all three move? Or would it be counted as already being in 41? And if it used all three move getting to sea zone 55, would my troops be able to disembark and attack? And can naval mines and other units attack barges if they're stationed in the country being attacked? Are the troops on board lost if the barge is destroyed? Can naval mines be planted in sea zones, not just countries?
To load/unload units, a barge has to be in the country. Being next to the country doesn't cut it. I just remembered that Malaysia part. I'll remake your turn later, as well as coloring Panama teal.

Also, other people must have permission from the owner of either the Panama Canal or Suez Canal before they can move through it. Otherwise, it must be by force. If it's neutral, anyone can go through.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 10, 2010, 08:57:13 pm »

Bump! Turns are due tomorrow at some point. (probably around 24 hours from now!)

Panama is now Teal. Indonesia failed so hard at taking Malaysia that I decided that it would be better for you if the mistake hadn't been corrected. In the future, I'll pay more attention to split-apart countries. This time though, you get a gift.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 10, 2010, 09:01:42 pm »

Yey!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 10, 2010, 09:03:07 pm »

@Cheddarius - I just noticed that Victoria Island isn't orange right now, but don't worry. It will be next time I update the map.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 10, 2010, 11:36:42 pm »

Heh. Thanks, Barbarossa.

Indonesia

Orders
All troops in Indonesia are to recover from their drunken hallucinations and invade Malaysia, then Brunei, supported by the battleship in Papua New Guinea.

Invasion force therefore includes 4 Heavy Infantry, 1 Light Armour, 1 Rocket, 1 Frigate, 1 Battleship.

Purchases
1 Rocket in Papua New Guinea.
1 Heavy Armour, 2 Light Infantry in Indonesia.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 11, 2010, 01:06:30 am »

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 11, 2010, 01:11:45 am »

Construction
3 rkt troops in sweden $6000
3 lht tanks in sweden $6000

Actions
attack denmark with all troops in sweden
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 11, 2010, 09:36:19 am »

Brazil

Attacks:

From Venezuela -> Guyana
     1 Rocket, 1 Light Inf

From Brazil -> Argentina
     1 Rocket, 1 Light Inf, 1 Heavy Inf, 1 Light Armor, 1 Heavy armor, 1 Train

From Ecuador -> Through Peru -> Bolivia
     1 Rocket, 1 Light Inf, 1 Heavy Inf, 1 Light Armor, 1 Train

Build:

Venezuela: 1 Light Inf ($2000)

Ecuador: 1 Heavy Inf ($2000)

Brazil: 1 Rocket, 1 Light Inf, 1 Heavy Inf, 1 Light Armor, 1 Heavy armor, 1 Train ($11,000)

Buildings:

Columbia: Mines x2 ($1000)

Sea Zone 64: Naval Mines ($500)

Sea Zone 65: Naval Mines ($500)

Total: $19,000
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 11, 2010, 09:57:35 pm »

Making turn. Do note that as of Turn 5, the neutral nations of the world have seen what's coming and all have gained bonus troops.

Paranatural - Guyana's bolstered forces destroy your invasion army, causing the first defeat of the Brazilian Army. This is offset by the taking of Bolivia and Argentina soon afterwards. I forgot to tell everyone that sea zones can't have anything built in them (not even mines), so you instead keep that money.

Canalan - No post, so you get to collect income.

Inteuniso - I'd appreciate it if next time you posted where your attacks would originate from. Costa Rica notices the major powers approaching from both sides, and join up with the Central Powers. (derp.) Nicaragua sunk your battleship with naval mines, but their land forces crumbled before you.

Wimdit - Somehow, all of your heavy infantry was vaporized by landmines. You still won, and Brunei simply surrendered. Oceania is growing!

Tarran - I'm going to assume that the second Belgium is actually the Netherlands, considering that you wouldn't attack the same country twice. (right?) Belgium falls with a great cost, but the Netherlands stands strong against the Fourth Reich. The German Army swells at high velocity. You only make 3 light infantry in Germany though, because there is no debt spending.

Cheddarius - Your Haitian forces overtake Cuba with some losses. Due to the loss of their barge, they are a bit stranded. Alaska's AA turrets mow down your bomber. The bomber succeeds in destroying one of them, though. A small navy heads for Panama to sit there. The Canadian Air Force is annihilated by the Alaskan Air Defense, but your rocketeers bring the rebel state back under U.S. control.

Maxicaxi - You take Denmark. Troops are made, even with their misspellings.

Jesse - The Democratic Republic of the Congo survives your assault. Zambia, on the other hand, does not.

A new challenger approaches! The nations of 'The Gambia', Senegal, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Sierra Leone, and Liberia have united into the United States of Africa! They are still separate countries, but have a mutual defense pact and they may decide to protect them selves with offense. In the meantime, they strive for a safer Africa.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:24:43 am by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 12, 2010, 12:26:52 am »

DONE!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Countries At War: World Edition; Turn 6
« Reply #299 on: June 12, 2010, 01:06:00 am »

You're wrong, Barbarossa. Tarran just hates Belgium so much.

In addition, to clarify: Those Panaman units should be in the Inteunisoan army. I should not own them, Inteuniso should.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:07:41 am by Cheddarius »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26