Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 75506 times)

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #450 on: April 25, 2011, 12:09:25 pm »

I had a tanner (most useless moodable skill ever) produce a water buffalo leather piccolo artifact.  Yes, that's right, its literally a skin flute.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 25, 2011, 02:11:38 pm »

I won't even ask which part of the buffallo's skin was used in construction.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 25, 2011, 02:49:30 pm »

tanner (most useless moodable skill ever)
They're pretty useful at the moment since a skin clutters a workshop as much as a whole animal. Plus, tanner moods are higher up on my list of desired moods simply because the skill takes so long to train.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 02, 2011, 03:31:01 am »

WHAT IS IT WITH THE SOCK FETISH!?!?

And even worse is the name - so disturbing on many levels, especially when you consider IT'S A SOCK!!!

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Fidna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 02, 2011, 06:35:55 am »

A bismuth bronze goblet. No decorations. It's lame. Worse though, it stalled my production of weapons during a siege, when I needed more weapons to fight the damn goblins. I was trying to run a small fort, and only had the one forge. ...Stupid dwarven shmuck.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 02, 2011, 06:40:57 am »

And even worse is the name - so disturbing on many levels, especially when you consider IT'S A SOCK!!!
What? Dorfs don't breed like humans, they breed through spores. The need some alone time, too.
Even if the alone time is staring at a sock for half an hour.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 02, 2011, 07:03:05 am »

My useless bearded midgets have turned out 5 trade good artifacts in a row :(
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 03, 2011, 10:28:18 am »

My useless bearded midgets have turned out 5 trade good artifacts in a row :(
Pain is not pain, until you have felt the wrath of repeated possessions and useless artifacts.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Urk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 03, 2011, 11:23:33 am »

This is not useless artifact at all, actually artifact bed is one of best furniture for noble rooms.

But this is probably most disturbing artifact i have ever got...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"The Sick Bear" huh?! It has lots of red and pink decorations, and whats up with those pink "tall crosses"  :-\

I have tons of artifacts in my fortress (19 years old fortress by the way) and i had not even noticed this particular bed until i did some engravings to my cemetery area, and wondered why my engraver did image of bed in the middle of cemetery (image is named "The Phlegm of Cold").

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What i should do with this weird bed?  ???

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 03, 2011, 04:42:51 pm »

OK, with this one you need to create the Sock Temple talked about in another thread.  The one with the retracting drawbridge between the entrance and the Sock, that drops all that attempt to reach it to their doom. 
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 04, 2011, 07:47:23 am »

The worst I remember was a worthless base stone table (it wasn't even gneiss!) sporting only a picture of a large roach.

I can only imagine how that went over in the dining hall.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 05, 2011, 08:04:12 am »

A Gneiss ring, bands of gneiss. No embellishments. 3600 Ur. :| Ive got non artifact objects worth far more than that...

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 05, 2011, 11:53:59 am »

My smithey toiled for months and presented me with Delethsċkzul, The Polished Trumpets - a gold shoe.

It is encircled with bands of giant cave spider silk, adorned with hanging rings of goblin bone and sunstone and menaces with spikes of gold. On the item is an image of a crescent moon in native aluminum. On the item is an image of Urist McQueen in schist. Urist McQueen is surrounded by the dwarves. This image relates to the ascension of the dwarf Urist McQueen to the position of queen of The Adventurous Dagger in 77.

I don't know if this is supposed to be a cindarella thing, but I am not amused.
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 05, 2011, 02:19:08 pm »

So I see DF has not wiped out your sensitivity and empathy yet...

Dude_Jebawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 05, 2011, 02:51:33 pm »

Behold the most INSANELY RIDICULOUS ARTIFACT EVER!

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32