Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 75504 times)

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #435 on: April 16, 2011, 04:34:00 am »

Dude, you ditched an ARTIFACT BED. as in, SOMETHING THAT MAKES NOBLES SHUT UP AND ALLOW MANDATES TO BE IGNORED.

Beds = best artifacts.

He he, I just got an Articaft Cabinet , My Noble instantly went into Super duper happy thought and havent left his room in days, I'm seriously considering removing the cabinet as it's clear he is Admiring it constantly.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 16, 2011, 11:50:51 am »

That was a typo, I dropped it off into the caverns.

Dude, you ditched an ARTIFACT BED. as in, SOMETHING THAT MAKES NOBLES SHUT UP AND ALLOW MANDATES TO BE IGNORED.

Beds = best artifacts.

Metal spikes jutting out at all angles doesn't exactly make it the best option. Besides, nobles are killed on sight at my fort.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 16, 2011, 11:56:45 am »

An adamantine coffer. I don't quite remember the details, don't want to launch Dwarf Fortress. It was very very very expensive though. I don't know what to do with it...

He used several pieces of raw adamantine and "faint yellow diamond" along with sapphires.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

FurryYunSeong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 16, 2011, 01:12:48 pm »

I generally ignore them artifacts, so I couldn't say... But has anyone gotten a soap artifact?
"An Ambush!  Curse th- HNNNNNGGG!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 16, 2011, 01:35:49 pm »

I challenge all of you to come up with a list of artifacts as useless as these!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 16, 2011, 03:02:40 pm »

A mussel shell trumpet? NEWSTEAM! ASSEMBLE!
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

brucemo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 16, 2011, 05:01:22 pm »

Man, it's weird to read about all these people complaining about artifact furniture.  You can put that stuff someplace and dwarves will look at it and be happy.  That's a *good* thing.

Anything you can make a well out of is also good, because those get quality modifiers twice, once for designing the well and once for building it.  An artifact bucket can be the focal point of an entire fortress, from a dwarfy perspective.

Bad artifacts are things like jewelry, which can't be put on display or used.  But an artifact bed, door, or floor grate, my god.

Trickysticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 16, 2011, 05:07:45 pm »

This is a cat bone scepter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It it encircled with bands of mango wood. On it there is an image of an elephant(WTF). The elephant is cowering.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 16, 2011, 09:43:56 pm »

"Clearednoiseless the Blowing Pears", a perfect black zircon.

This is a perfect black zircon. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of black zircon.

Well. At least he cuts gems good now. Which would be great if he hadn't used the last of my rough gems to make this.
Edit: Oh, great. Now there are engravings of it EVERYWHERE. A whole wall (5 Urists long) of little black zircons. My dorfs are OBSESSED with this thing.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:59:40 pm by choobakka »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 17, 2011, 12:58:58 am »

This is a cat bone scepter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It it encircled with bands of mango wood. On it there is an image of an elephant(WTF). The elephant is cowering.
Boatmurdered. The part where magma is involved.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 17, 2011, 04:55:45 am »

To paraphrase, basically every single part of Boatmurdered.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 17, 2011, 08:52:55 am »

To paraphrase, basically every single part of Boatmurdered.
To exaggerate, the essence, or "soul" of every memory of Boatmurdered.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 23, 2011, 01:56:01 am »

This one just raises so many questions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Encircled with bands of cougar leather" is literally the only thing on this artifact that makes sense.

It's such a disappointment after The Raptor of Spoiling, which kicks at least nine kinds of ass and has the deity of hunting depicted as a female dwarf striking a triumphant pose on it.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 24, 2011, 11:16:46 am »

This one... disturbed me slightly.

Breacheddreams (!), a elk bird leather leggings.

It is decorated with elk bird leather and encircled with bands of naked mole dog leather. On the item is an image of Engo Dungssmuts the Raunch of Guts the forgotten beast in elk bird leather.

Leather pants? With leather straps? And a name like that? Look Urist, keep it in your bedroom okay? None of us need that mental image.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2011, 11:04:56 am »

Leather pants? With leather straps? And a name like that? Look Urist, keep it in your bedroom okay? None of us need that mental image.
Assign it to an unhappy dwarf via squads, watch him rock back and forth clutching himself and smiling.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32