Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32

Author Topic: Worst Artifacts ever!  (Read 76964 times)

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Artifacts ever!
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2010, 08:08:40 am »

Argh. Think I'll be sticking with 40d a while longer, then :D
This is relatively minior bug. Critical bugs are already fixed, however I still wait for some fixes important for me (.31.12 of course):
  • Doctors seems to work once a year or something similiar. I had dorfs requiring diagnosis in hospital for many months without effects. Yes, hospital stocks are properly filled and doctors had all other labors disabled and mulled whole time with "No job".  When AT LAST McLazyDoctor diagnosed dorf, then patient waited months for cleaning and suturing. Result? Succumbing to infection. >:( Only giving water works properly.
  • Speaking of hospitals, there ale many freeloadres on hospital beds. In fact, no one sleep in his own bed.
  • Cannot follow order, oh god Armok, cannot follow order. Especially marksdwarves. They seem to shoot few times in archery and mull rest of time with this job description. Yes, I had setup ammunition on military screen (by the way, dorfs love to shoot combat ammunition in training) with properly assigned ammo. Yes, I have barracks, chests, archery range and beds assigned to this squad and marked Z, T, I and Q where applicable.

And Toady? He take his time with some new adventure stuff. Great.

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2010, 10:27:27 am »

Making bone artifacts is bugged. All decorations vanish.

Considering all the new awesome features, that's the bug that prevents you from playing 2010?
The dead do not respond to context.
Pencil and Paper Blog Ahoy!

KFK

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of the enchanting pixie dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2010, 01:30:13 pm »

Most Gaudy
A turtle shell crown with images of clouds in microcline and an image of a crown in ruby.

I wonder what mushrooms Urist got into when he made that.

Most Upsetting
I had a string of metal workers making legendary steel tables. I gave one to the king, one to the queen, and put the other at the center of the great communal dining hall. I instituted a policy of death penalties for any more tables. Two dwarfs were executed under this law. 5 tables, no weapons or armor.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2010, 03:01:23 pm »

This is relatively minior bug. Critical bugs are already fixed, however I still wait for some fixes important for me (.31.12 of course):
  • Doctors seems to work once a year or something similiar. I had dorfs requiring diagnosis in hospital for many months without effects. Yes, hospital stocks are properly filled and doctors had all other labors disabled and mulled whole time with "No job".  When AT LAST McLazyDoctor diagnosed dorf, then patient waited months for cleaning and suturing. Result? Succumbing to infection. >:( Only giving water works properly.
  • Speaking of hospitals, there ale many freeloadres on hospital beds. In fact, no one sleep in his own bed.
  • Cannot follow order, oh god Armok, cannot follow order. Especially marksdwarves. They seem to shoot few times in archery and mull rest of time with this job description. Yes, I had setup ammunition on military screen (by the way, dorfs love to shoot combat ammunition in training) with properly assigned ammo. Yes, I have barracks, chests, archery range and beds assigned to this squad and marked Z, T, I and Q where applicable.

And Toady? He take his time with some new adventure stuff. Great.

I understand your frustration on the last bit.  I write, thouh, and have found that if one bit is particularly annoying or I am out of ideas, I work on something else. H might be doing the same with DF.

Or he might be doing it to annoy us, afterall :)
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2010, 03:01:53 pm »

Making bone artifacts is bugged. All decorations vanish.

Considering all the new awesome features, that's the bug that prevents you from playing 2010?

Nope. Twas joking :)
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2010, 05:48:42 pm »

In my fort, I have, in order...

A steel left gauntlet via fey.
A silver left gauntlet via possession.  (Couldn't you at least have made a freakin' right one?!)
A stranger bone scepter that created a legendary bone carver.
A star sapphire cabinet/legendary gem setter!  :]
An aventurine ring...  at least I got a gem cutter to go with the other guy...
A magnetite amulet, via possession  >:[ and a platinum splint, via possession >>:[ and a
Magnetite coffer, which will make the dwarf I've designated to become baron very happy (he has very cheap/common tastes), if he lives long enough to be promoted.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Segnaro

• Bay Watcher
  • Live ambitiously, Die hilariously
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2010, 06:02:52 pm »

Uthirnikot:  "THE SEARING ACTION"!
a copper goblet.
This is a copper goblet.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with levin opal and studded with copper.
This was my most underwhelming artifact yet.  And such a profoundly awesome name, too.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2010, 07:22:14 pm »

A wooden barrel with an image of a barrel on it.

It was existentialist and bleak.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2010, 01:33:09 am »

A dwarven pig bone door.

It may be an artifact door, but it's an artifact BONE door, which means it was affected by the no-decorations bug on bone artifacts. The 1-year-old that made it dragged a half dozen gems, an iron bar, a stone block, a roll of cloth, and one of the logs down to the shop alongside the 3 stacks of bones (30 bones in all) he used, all of them gone! It's only worth 1200 DB! it's the least valuable artifact in the fort, my chefs can make dog tallow bisquits more valuable than it!
It's being a fey mood and him now being legendary is negated by the fact that I already had a child bone-carver, and she's already 8! You're 7 years behind and 100% less likely to survive until I get bored with this fort kid, you could have at least become something more useful than a second delayed-usefulness-until-adult-and-then-still-useless dorf.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:39:01 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ceaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2010, 01:32:28 pm »

When my level 19 legendary stonecrafter (One of my embarking dwarves who had been crafting for 8 years, my longest run yet!) got his strange mood I expected something special. This is what I got:

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2010, 04:05:08 pm »

My personal latest total suck - armorer via posession, so not even a skill boost. i was still hoping for a mail shirt or suchlike, but got this...

Desorsub, "Entranceddrip", a copper shoe. This is a coper shoe. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of violet spessarine. On the item is an image of Tobul the Copper Oil, the deity of jewels, depicted as a female dwarf in copper. Tobul the Copper Oil is contemplating.

Probably contemplating why urist McOneshoemaker immortalised her in a left shoe instead of a helmet.
This is a blank sig.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2010, 08:51:43 pm »

I just got Royalwore, the bituminous coal mechanism. Encrusted with bituminous coal, encircled with bands of bituminous coal, and menacing with spikes of bituminous coal...

Worst part is, it was a possession. So no legendary mechanic for me.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2010, 09:07:21 pm »

No Legendary means no reason not to use the mechanism in a Fire-trap.

Jayce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2010, 09:47:19 pm »

A plain bone amulet made from a murdered dwarf.

BCPowers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2010, 11:15:20 pm »

I lmfao at so many of these, unfortunately I am new to DF and when it stated, "Steve has withdrawn from society." I thought that meant he was leaveing my fortress. Unfortunately, I realized he never left after I got teh message, "Steve has gone beserk." and "Bob has been struck down." shortly after.

On-Topic I think it would be funny, although impossible, if there were a pair of gloves that had engraveings of each other on them.

EG: Glove A has an image of Glove B. Glove B has an image of Glove A.

If they were made in pairs I suppose it wouldn't be impossible but seeing as how they are made one at a time this is impossible at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32